The Collection Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
CEO

Just like in life, full of ups and downs.

Former Employee - Auto Technician in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Auto Technician in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at The Collection full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, paid parking (after 3 years), good vacation time, clean, good pay (but read Cons), friendly people (sort of).

Cons

If you want to move up in the automotive field, look somewhere else. This company is known for hiring from the outside instead of promoting from within. Also with this company, and from other dealerships, they will give the easy, good paying work to the new techs while the more difficult jobs go to the techs with more experience. You would think this makes sense, but it leveled the amount of money that everyone made and created a lot of shop drama. The more money you made per hour, the less hours you were going to make. So in the 7 total years I worked there (left once and came back), I made $18 more than when I started. But my overall pay at the end of the year never changed.

Advice to Management

Listen to your technicians, who actually make money for the business instead of others who just collect the paycheck.

The Collection Response

Oct 28, 2013 – Director of Human Resources

Dear Auto Technician - I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at THE COLLECTION. When a valued employee feels we have not exceeded their expectations, it is highly ... More

2. Not pleasant very demanding and not in a good way. Working hours are a bit off during the weekend.

Former Employee - Concierge/Call Center Representative in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Concierge/Call Center Representative in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at The Collection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits! yearly increase in hourly pay, vacation, sick pay days, a lot of activities within the company

Cons

There was a script for everything. Women had to look like dolls, speak a certain way, walk a certain way and even dress a certain way that will attract the attention of men.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the employees complains. Some of the employees are not happy and feel like the walk on egg shells. Women that do like the attention are not comfortable wearing tight dresses and skirts and selling their appearances in return to compliments from older men.

3. Disappointing place.

Current Employee - Shop Parker in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Shop Parker in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at The Collection part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You get benefits with a part-time job. -Corporate events. -Driving exotic cars.

Cons

-Under paid. -Exploited. -Management is not reliable. -Terrible work environment and conditions. -There's no motivation to do anything. -Stressful environment. -Upper management treats you poorly.

Advice to Management

These issues need to be addressed.

RSS Feed </> Embed