The Collection

CEO

Disappointing place.

Current Employee - Shop Parker in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Shop Parker in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at The Collection part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-You get benefits with a part-time job.
    -Corporate events.
    -Driving exotic cars.

Cons

-Under paid.
    -Exploited.
    -Management is not reliable.
    -Terrible work environment and conditions.
    -There's no motivation to do anything.
    -Stressful environment.
    -Upper management treats you poorly.

These issues need to be addressed.

The Collection Sucks!

Former Employee - Auto Technician in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Auto Technician in Miami, FL

I worked at The Collection full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not much really. The only thing that gives this company a good reputation is the brands they sell and their association with Dwayne Wade. The health benefits they provide are actually good.

Cons

All smoke and mirrors! They don't value their employees and enjoy making public spectacles of people without providing just cause. They are totally unprofessional and not worth your time. Did you also know that if you request time off the day before over a long weekend that they deduct an extra day. Seriously, WTF?! They treat their technician's like slaves. Save yourself this time and apply anywhere else...seriously...anywhere!

Take time to actually get to know your employees. Your techs are actually people too! That have families! Worst management and leadership. I would say that people are really on their high horses.

Just like in life, full of ups and downs.

Former Employee - Auto Technician in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Auto Technician in Coral Gables, FL

I worked at The Collection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, paid parking (after 3 years), good vacation time, clean, good pay (but read Cons), friendly people (sort of).

Cons

If you want to move up in the automotive field, look somewhere else. This company is known for hiring from the outside instead of promoting from within. Also with this company, and from other dealerships, they will give the easy, good paying work to the new techs while the more difficult jobs go to the techs with more experience. You would think this makes sense, but it leveled the amount of money that everyone made and created a lot of shop drama. The more money you made per hour, the less hours you were going to make. So in the 7 total years I worked there (left once and came back), I made $18 more than when I started. But my overall pay at the end of the year never changed.

Listen to your technicians, who actually make money for the business instead of others who just collect the paycheck.

The Collection Response

Oct 28, 2013Director of Human Resources

Dear Auto Technician -

I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at THE COLLECTION. When a valued employee feels we have not exceeded their expectations, it is highly
    ... More