The College Network

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Eyler

Challenging and Exciting business helping others move forward

ProsFamily atmosphere, energetic and rewarding place to work giving everyone an opportunity to help others get ahead in their education. Tremendous amount of teamwork is part of culture as everyone comes together to achieve goals and solve issues. Many skills can be gained as opportunities are present to take on increased roles and responsibilities.

ConsStressful at times given the fast paced environment.

Overall, a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThis is a great company whether this is your first job or you're looking for a company to retire with. The benefits, work-life balance, and the other employees are definitely the highlights of the company. I have learned a lot in my time with The College Network and look forward to growing my career here.

ConsOne of the main challenges is the communication barrier between departments, which can be frustrating. However, talking with your supervisor is a quick and easy solution to negate any communication issue.

High energy high focus job.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsMy job at The College Network is very dynamic. I am able to be creative and provide a high level of service. My ideas are listened to and I feel like part of a team. My job allows me to always look ways to improve products and customer experience.

ConsSometimes is a high stress job. I think they could do a better job sometime in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be focused on things at hand. Continue to try and communicate to us. Keep asking us to provide ideas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unethical, undeducated leadership

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPaid well at the time I worked there. That is it.

ConsUneducated, untrained leadership that are abusive to employees. No accountability at all. Product outdated and more effort put into making it seem of value than actually making it have value. The worst example of "good ole boy network" I have ever seen. The CEO loved to show off his wealth and yet nickel and dime employees and customers. Overall disgusting atmoshere.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on with your life - this organization is a scam at best.

The College Network is not what it use to be.

Program Advisor (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood base salary. Good educational products. Good professional people work at this company.

ConsCharge backs on commissions will haunt you for over a year after a sale is made. Once you have been there a year charge backs start adding up and can get into the tens of thousands of dollars you will owe back to the company and you will pay from your future commissions. They subtract 67% of your commissions towards your charge backs every pay period. Default rate plus cancel rate of customers is over 35%. Ask any Program Advisor before you take a position about the commission structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementGary Eyler CEO was a great visionary 20 years ago when starting the company, but now he is a absentee CEO and there is no direction for the future life of this company. Increased completion and loss of market share have caused tremendous downsizing over the last few years. I recommend that you change commission structure and eliminate chargebacks. When your sales force is making money the company will make money.

College Network Scam

Inside Sales (Former Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsA job if you can't find better

ConsCompany enrolls thousands of Nurses into buying learning materials they do not need. They get saddled with debt and less then 1 percent ever complete these online programs. They tend to focus heavily on minority students and convince them to spend money. As soon as they mis any payment from the loans they get locked into, the company owns there own credit collection agency to go after them. Huge Scam

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing so you can get shut down.

Academic Advisor Position Review

Academic Advisor (Current Employee)

Pros-Company Location
    - Some opportunity to advance within the company

Cons-High Turnover Rate
    -Terrible Supervisors
    -Company is poorly managed
    -Dealing with customers who are reasonably dissatisfied with the terrible product
    -Terrible working hours/schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to be more involved with the company. Supervisors and management need to show more respect to employees. The product needs to be completely revised and reworked so that customers can pass the exams at the end of their programs. Most of the students could not pass the exams because the information in the material provided did not match the exam content.

I'm glad I'm gone

Program Advisor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe company does provide a good service and product, and does help a lot of people further their educations.

ConsUnrealistic expectations. When you cut lead flow to the inside sales department, and don't make their phones ring, and don't let them prospect for their own leads because they would interfere with the outside sales reps, you can't expect them to continue selling the same amount.

A lot of commission errors that, when made in YOUR favor they are corrected asap, but when they're made in the company's favor, they never get corrected without you chasing them down.

Morale very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your heads out of your behinds, & quit treating your inside sales department like red-headed stepchildren.

Used to be the best employer in the country until new CEO came on board in 2010

Program Advisor (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosit's a family owned business that treated good employees like a hot commodity. Employees were self motivated out of gratitude due to the amount of respect they received. The Owner and CEO had an open -door policy. They compensated well with lots of additional contests and perks.

ConsIn 2010 all the mid and upper~level managers were replaced with cut~throat accountants without a conscience. All the good employees have left in droves to be replaced by inexperienced program advisors who are pressured to no end to get an enrollment. They do not care about the students just the money.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold some training sessions with managers and try to teach them how important basic respect is while working with employees and students. Get rid of sociopaths at the upper~level before you end up on some documentary about educational scams.

High risk high reward job

Program Advisor (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsProducts good, financing for individuals is good, flexibility of work schedule as a program advisor is great and the money is as promised, if you work hard you can make good money in the company

ConsNo base salary, can get really
    Stressful based on this factor. Too many cancels and contract defaults can get very frustrating as well as non partnership with excelsior college can make business development and customer leads get cold/cancel appointments or events

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was great don't change a thing

Worked for The College Network? Contribute to the Community!