The Commercial Appeal

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph Pepe

analyst

ProsGreat place to work, great culture, great people, and hard work is rewarded.

ConsStruggling industry but moving into the digital space.

Poorly managed company from all aspects

Sales (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe co-workers were the only pros in the end of my 10 year tenure. Close proximity the the interstate for work commute.

ConsUntrustworthy management, no loyalty to good employees, not enough work/life balance, lack of job security. The company was previously a great place to work, with great employee health benefits, pensions, etc. However, over the years the mismanagement continued to worsen, and attempts to "fix" the problems by bringing in people from markets from the other side of the country who would not listen to anyone regarding the market the newspaper served, who were completely out of touch with the employees, the readers and the advertisers. The culture changed so drastically it was unrecognizable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not all about you. Your unwillingness to even attempt to fit into the existing culture of the company and completely ruin the culture almost overnight has cost you the top performing employees from every department. You have chased so many knowledgeable, and talented employees away that I have no good advice for you because all you are left with now is your big ego's and big salaries. You ruined a great company, best of luck in the next year or two when corporate begins to see through your smoke and mirrors game and you move on to ruin other companies and it's employees lives.

Dead End Job

Retail Sales (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsYou can smell the Wonderbread bakery on your way into the building.

ConsPrint is a dying industry. This is a dead end job.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate better with Employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of problems at The Commercial Appeal.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGood benefits, interesting work and for the most part the employees and management are fair.

ConsA shrinking industry, minimal raises or opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for hard working employees to grow and advance within the company. Better and more reasonable bonus structure.

Worked for The Commercial Appeal? Contribute to the Community!