The Connor Group

Updated August 18, 2014

4.2

The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Pros
  • The company invests in its associates through training, benefits and reward and recognition (in 20 reviews)

• The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Hard work and dedication is expected and can sometimes mean long hours (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

At The Connor Group you are truly valued and part of a success driven team!

Current Employee - Central Office Associate  in  Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Centerville, OH

Pros

Since I have started working for The Connor Group, I can truly say I have never felt so proud to say where I work at. This team/company is driven by the success of their people. Facing new challenges daily has never been so rewarding and exciting. They stand by their core values including that people count. They go that extra mile with you to ensure you on the path to success. The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons from working at The Connor Group. I couldn't be happier!

keep up the amazing work and thank you for all you have done!

Great company at first....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There were not many PROS about this company, and it wasn't until the last few months that it became obvious they were not concerned about their employees or their residence. The staff at some of the properties were awesome, and we all left for the same reasons. I am still friends with several co-workers from my time there. BEST PRO EVER.

Cons

Property Management didn't practice what they preached. They shopped on the clock, didn't follow corporate policies and procedures and Senior Management thought it was okay to have relations with staff. Until they got caught and terminated.

Do what you love, and love what you do...

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

Pros

The Connor Group has excellent employee benefits, endless career training and advancement opportunities, and an unrivaled corporate culture. Expectations are clearly defined, goals are set high, but very acheivable, and rewards and recognition are guaranteed by your personal and team's success.

Cons

The only con is the high-pressure that you put on yourself to achieve goals and objectives.

My advice to management would be to always consider current employees for promotions before hiring from outside The Connor Group.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Amazing Culture and Values Driven Company... People are the Key to success at The Connor Group!

Current Employee - Central Office Associate  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH

Pros

At The Connor Group you are not just a number… you are a valued employee who is part of a success driven team and company. They really take the time to invest in you and make sure that you are receiving everything you need to be successful. Everything is driven around the core values and in turn this makes for an amazing work experience. Every day there is a new challenge and you are never bored from doing the same thing. On top of having new challenges you are rewarded for conquering and making your goals! Not just a place to work but a way of life! People really are the key to success at The Connor Group!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons. What's not to love about a "work hard, play hard" environment?!

Keep doing what you are doing! I love every aspect of the different leadership teams that exist within the company!

Stay Away If You Can

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

I really can't think of anything good about working here.

Cons

They really don't care about the people or the residents. They just do things unethical and try to make you believe in it.

The Connor Group

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator  in  Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Centerville, OH

Pros

The Connor Group is a great place to work. From the highest level of management on down, they take care of their people. Part of their core values is "People Count".

Cons

I have not experienced any cons while being at the company.

None

Rewarding company! Great company culture!

Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Service Trainer in Austin, TX

Pros

There are many pros to working for the Connor Group!. Very rewarding to work for including opportunity to make partner in the company! Fast paced and great atmosphere! Benefits are there and so is the pay! Fun and energetic environment that holds you accountable.

Cons

Not many. I guess some might say hard work is a con. But with The Connor Group's Reward and Recognition program your hard work is never unnoticed!

Keep it up!

People Count!

Current Employee - Central Office Associate  in  Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Centerville, OH

Pros

This is a company for hard workers. You will never find another company that recognizes you more for your hard work than the Connor Group

Cons

If you are not a high achiever this company is not for you

Thank you for constantly pushing us all to be our best!

Residents do not matter.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

There are some hard working co-workers who are secretly complaining with you.

Cons

Budget is so tight they won't fix things when they need repaired. Selectively charge different people different fees and rent. Terrible hours. Bonuses paid months after they are earned. Intimidating practices are used and enlisting people to post reviews on here and apartment ratings sites by offering gift cards. Unethical practices in credit reviews.

The list is too long.

A great career opportunity!

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Overall the company has great benefits including vacation, sick/personal time, 401K, reward and recognition and compensation. I really enjoy the challenges the company presents. I am always recognized when I overachieve any goals given. I really like all of our company events. Its a great way to meet new people and build lasting friendships! I also really like that I get to see my regional manager every week and the CEO of the company comes to visit at least every other month! That shows me that the CEO really cares about his company and the success of his employees!

Cons

My first few months here were a little rocky. I wasn't trained properly and office staff was either quitting or being fired. Since then I have been re-trained in a timely manner and given all the tools to be very successful at my job. I have also seen the company build their training department really well and this has given a lot of new employees the ability to start strong! I have been offered different opportunities, but unfortunately no follow up, so I am still in the same position as when I started. I really like the job that I have, however, I don't like to stay stagnant professionally. I like the ability to move up in a company.

It would be nice for employees to be able to complete a survey of our property manager and/or regional manager to ensure our managers are evaluating their supervising techniques, team building skills, and overall job. My only advice to our regional/upper management would be to recognize our property managers more and they will in return recognize their own employees. I have noticed that if my manager is not recognized for their hard work, they don't recognize their own staff. The domino effect comes from the top down!

Worked for The Connor Group? Contribute to the Community!