The Connor Group

The Connor Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor

Larry Connor

Pros
  • The company invests in its associates through training, benefits and reward and recognition (in 20 reviews)

• The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Hard work and dedication is expected and can sometimes mean long hours (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

At The Connor Group you are truly valued and part of a success driven team!

Central Office Associate (Current Employee) Centerville, OH

ProsSince I have started working for The Connor Group, I can truly say I have never felt so proud to say where I work at. This team/company is driven by the success of their people. Facing new challenges daily has never been so rewarding and exciting. They stand by their core values including that people count. They go that extra mile with you to ensure you on the path to success. The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed!

ConsI have not experienced any cons from working at The Connor Group. I couldn't be happier!

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the amazing work and thank you for all you have done!

An Amazing Culture and Values Driven Company... People are the Key to success at The Connor Group!

Central Office Associate (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsAt The Connor Group you are not just a number… you are a valued employee who is part of a success driven team and company. They really take the time to invest in you and make sure that you are receiving everything you need to be successful. Everything is driven around the core values and in turn this makes for an amazing work experience. Every day there is a new challenge and you are never bored from doing the same thing. On top of having new challenges you are rewarded for conquering and making your goals! Not just a place to work but a way of life! People really are the key to success at The Connor Group!

ConsI have not experienced any cons. What's not to love about a "work hard, play hard" environment?!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! I love every aspect of the different leadership teams that exist within the company!

Do what you love, and love what you do...

Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe Connor Group has excellent employee benefits, endless career training and advancement opportunities, and an unrivaled corporate culture. Expectations are clearly defined, goals are set high, but very acheivable, and rewards and recognition are guaranteed by your personal and team's success.

ConsThe only con is the high-pressure that you put on yourself to achieve goals and objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to always consider current employees for promotions before hiring from outside The Connor Group.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Connor Group

Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) Centerville, OH

ProsThe Connor Group is a great place to work. From the highest level of management on down, they take care of their people. Part of their core values is "People Count".

ConsI have not experienced any cons while being at the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Rewarding company! Great company culture!

Regional Service Trainer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThere are many pros to working for the Connor Group!. Very rewarding to work for including opportunity to make partner in the company! Fast paced and great atmosphere! Benefits are there and so is the pay! Fun and energetic environment that holds you accountable.

ConsNot many. I guess some might say hard work is a con. But with The Connor Group's Reward and Recognition program your hard work is never unnoticed!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Residents do not matter.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some hard working co-workers who are secretly complaining with you.

ConsBudget is so tight they won't fix things when they need repaired. Selectively charge different people different fees and rent. Terrible hours. Bonuses paid months after they are earned. Intimidating practices are used and enlisting people to post reviews on here and apartment ratings sites by offering gift cards. Unethical practices in credit reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe list is too long.

A great career opportunity!

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsOverall the company has great benefits including vacation, sick/personal time, 401K, reward and recognition and compensation. I really enjoy the challenges the company presents. I am always recognized when I overachieve any goals given. I really like all of our company events. Its a great way to meet new people and build lasting friendships! I also really like that I get to see my regional manager every week and the CEO of the company comes to visit at least every other month! That shows me that the CEO really cares about his company and the success of his employees!

ConsMy first few months here were a little rocky. I wasn't trained properly and office staff was either quitting or being fired. Since then I have been re-trained in a timely manner and given all the tools to be very successful at my job. I have also seen the company build their training department really well and this has given a lot of new employees the ability to start strong! I have been offered different opportunities, but unfortunately no follow up, so I am still in the same position as when I started. I really like the job that I have, however, I don't like to stay stagnant professionally. I like the ability to move up in a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice for employees to be able to complete a survey of our property manager and/or regional manager to ensure our managers are evaluating their supervising techniques, team building skills, and overall job. My only advice to our regional/upper management would be to recognize our property managers more and they will in return recognize their own employees. I have noticed that if my manager is not recognized for their hard work, they don't recognize their own staff. The domino effect comes from the top down!

People Count!

Central Office Associate (Current Employee) Centerville, OH

ProsThis is a company for hard workers. You will never find another company that recognizes you more for your hard work than the Connor Group

ConsIf you are not a high achiever this company is not for you

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for constantly pushing us all to be our best!

I started with the company two years ago as a leasing consultant and I am now a sales trainer!!! Endless Possibilities!!

Regional Sales Trainer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people, great work environment, and the ability to truly grow with the company!!! A company where your talents are appreciated.

ConsIf you're just looking for a paycheck this is not the company for you. You work hard and are recognized and rewarded for it.

Honest Company with True Values

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOne of the best reasons to work here is to get recognized and rewarded (very well) for everything that you do! The company truly believes in rewarding their associates for jobs well done whether it's a trophy or plaque at the bi-annual awards breakfast, a raise, a bonus, a shout out via email to the entire company, or a promotion. You will never feel under valued.

ConsSome of the challenges of working here is that you are responsible for someone else's home. It's not just a job. If a pipe bursts or a tree breaks a residents window, they're going to call you first and you have to be prepared to handle those situations. Sometimes it can be stressful, but only the right people can handle the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue putting your employees first and keeping close relationships with all of us. The little things really mean a lot to us that are in the field.

Worked for The Connor Group? Contribute to the Community!