The Connor Group Reviews

Reset
4.0
The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Pros
  • Reward and Recognition is great (in 24 reviews)

• This is the first job I have held where I truly feel like my hard work doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Managing your work life balance can be difficult if you allow it (in 14 reviews)

• In all sales jobs, time is money so to make money sometimes you work long hours (in 15 reviews)

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Bonuses, great leadership, great training, people do count and, and feel like your apart of a family not just an employee! This job is fast pace and you must catch on fast. Hard work equals great recognition from management and residents...

Cons

Sometimes long hours! It's a lot work so if you just want to collected a check every two week maybe this isn't for you.

best of the worst

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

The party and benefits were great and the knowledge I was given initially was awesome.

Cons

The response time from the higher ups. Retail like hours and unwillingness to help current residents is terrible. The cliques and gossip are the worst I've ever seen. It is a sales job which is fine but pushing a bad apartment on somebody to make a goal and a profit with the promise of fixing it later. It's awful.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing for the people who live on your properties and the people that actually care about those people Who work in your leasing offices.

3. Employment Review

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

The company has amazing benefits, they really value their employees, recognize you for your hard work, great work environment

Cons

sometimes days feel like very long hours

Central Office Employee

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great company to work for. Everyone is very helpful. Recognition for doing a good job is a very common practice used. The company has a great outlook. Great team to be a part of. Everyone strives for the best, which in a work environment is fantastic and sometimes unheard of.

Cons

Sometimes the hours worked can be long. However, this is a career not a job. I am fine with it, where others may not be.

6. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do a great job of showering you with money and gifts. They have an awards banquet twice a year to celebrate your accomplishments. If you are a "sales dog" do will do any and everything no matter what to get the sale, this place is for you.

Cons

Their reputation in the industry is not the best. If you have worked for a different management company before you would NOT want to work here. In fact if you have had experience elsewhere you most likely won't get hired. The company is very close knit. There is no HR, which in it's self causes many problems. Upper level management does play favoritism, if you are not a favorite you will get pushed out - trust me. Same thing with if you are not a woman, no need to apply (going back to the fact they have no HR being an issue). The company values are very attractive, however the actions that follow do not line up. If you are a person that truly loves the client no matter the bottom line, this is not the place for you. TCG is interested in the bottom line only. They will do right by the resident ONLY when it effects their money. Many complaints go unrecognized, because it doesn't matter. The company walks a very fine line between what is right for them and bad for the resident. I was warned by industry leaders about the company, but the pay was so attractive! I ended up not being happy at all, and the feeling was mutual. If you do not fit in the social crowd, you will not make it long. The upper level management WILL gossip about you and foster an environment where it is very hard for you work effectively. If you have an issue with anyone that works there, (again there is no HR) it will not be handled correctly.

Advice to Management

The culture you have created does not leave room for any free thinkers or innovators. It is done the Connor way or else. Your value: Long Term trumps Short Term, is not followed at all. Your business it to turn properties, invest and increase value in the shortest time possible...so truly you value short term. I'm not even sure how you came up with this being a value.

The Connor Group Response

Aug 29, 2015 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the focus we place on rewards and recognition. I am sorry that our culture ended up not being a fit for you as we do realize that we ... More

7. People are great

Pros

All of the associates are easy to get along with. I love coming to work everyday.

Cons

Worklife balance is not balanced

Hard work leads to career advancement!

Current Employee - Senior Profit Center Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Profit Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Connor Group is a company where winners can thrive! If you are an energetic, hard working person who doesn't shy away from learning, developing staff, and driving results, then this is definitely the company for you. I have referred several people to work for the company over the years. They are very associate focused and continue to come up with new ways to show that their employees do count! The company's Core Values are something I have never experience before with past employers. We are always looking for ways to improve and grow as a company, and this helps us stay ahead of the curve. I love that!

Cons

The hours of the job can be demanding during certain times of the year. Focusing on improving time management and being organized can help overcome this.

Advice to Management

Continue associate focused initiatives, and developing staff to grow within the company.

Long term success

Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits (pay, bonuses, health care, company discount, paid time off, partnership) People Development Recognition On-Going Training Accountability Long-Term Career Company Culture and Core Values

Cons

Love working for the Connor Group

10. Sales consultant

I have been working at The Connor Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunts plans and advancement opportunities

Cons

Work long hours during busy season.

At the property level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers at my property are great - not upper level management.

Cons

Management - upper level Hours - over worked and underpaid for the amount of hours worked. Pay - underpaid, your workload is extreme for the amount of compensation. Lack of professional atmosphere - upper level management is not professional; gossips about employees all the time. Lack of ethics - company treats both employees and residents horribly. No backbone from upper level management

Advice to Management

Try following the core values. Also, stop having upper level management post only positive reviews online to booster your score. The company also pays residents to post online reviews and pays employees to talk residents into posting online reviews.

The Connor Group Response

Aug 26, 2015 – Vice President of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time with you peers at the property. As upper management is involved with the day to day operation, any feedback with suggestions ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed