www.connorgroup.com

Updated December 10, 2014
4.3

The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Pros
  • Reward and Recognition is great (in 24 reviews)

• The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed (in 14 reviews)

• You do work long hours, because there is always something that needs to be done yesterday (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Place to Work!

Current Employee - Partner in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Partner in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at The Connor Group has been outstanding. It can be very challenging but also extremely rewarding! They focus on their employees and provide a great environment and culture to work in. The associates are provided with clear expectations and are set up for a success! There is great potential to be promoted at any level and grow within the company!

Cons

Long hours at times but typically well worth the time. The job is high energy and high pressure and is not a job for someone who likes to manage from behind the desk.

Service Technician

Current Employee - Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have great health care, 401K, and vacation time. Its always a new adventure everyday. Lots of room to grow with the company if your willing to work for it.

Cons

It can be stressful at times like most jobs.

Talk to people how you would expect to be spoken too.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Naperville, IL

I have been working at The Connor Group

Pros

I have been with the company for about 8 months. So far, they have always kept their word with everything they have promised me. I have had an excellent experience with everyone from my direct boss to the partners in the company. The company culture is unlike any others I have experienced--their employees matter to them and find many creative ways to recognize and reward us for achieving and excelling company standards. The benefits and bonus opportunities are outstanding and during my time here I have been fast tracked towards advancement. The sky is the limit with The Connor Group and I couldn't be happier that I accepted the position.

Cons

Expectations are high--but realistic. If you don't get on top of your goals from the start of the month--the end of the month could be very stressful for you if you are in a sales role.

Continue to make the Core Values priority. I am so impressed with this company for truly living their Core values at all levels.

Amazing career growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training program, they will teach you everything that you need to know about sales. Amazing rewards & recognition program for employees. Regional and property managers are extremely easy to talk to and will bend over backwards to help you if you ask for help. There is a real "family" atmosphere in the office which makes working a lot more enjoyable! There are also limitless career growth opportunities in every field within this company.

Cons

As with any commission/sales job you're under constant pressure to meet your sales goal. Many associates rely on their commission checks to support themselves which creates even more stress & pressure.

Evaluate salary/hourly pay on a yearly basis (based on performance of course) to keep pay compatible for your long time employees.

Challenging work environment coupled with personal and professional growth

Current Employee - PCM - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - PCM - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The great thing about The Connor Group is they really do focus on PEOPLE! You absolutely get out of this company everything that you put into it. You're challenged and motivated everyday to succeed and they provide you with the training to do so. You work with other high achievers and talented people who are always there for support, help, and training when needed. There are fantastic incentives put in place to truly reward those who are excelling. The Connor Group also promotes from within - and the sky is the limit. Being a partner is an opportunity available to all associates, not just those higher up within the company!

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 mundane job where you go to work to simply collect a paycheck, this is not the job for you. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, and enjoy exceeding goals and expectations - you're looking in the right place!!

Hard work pays off with The Connor Group

Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Property Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you think and act like a business owner this a great company for you. You are given the ability to run a business with the support of great company leaders. The training and development is by far the best of any company I have worked for. The tried and true systems and processes make daily productivity a smooth process if followed. This is a company of achievers and you must be goal driven and results oriented to be successful. The opportunity for advancement is huge. We are growing company there are always new properties being purchased and new positions being developed. The opportunity for growth and advancement is up to you!

Cons

The hours are long but the rewards worth it. This is not a 9-5 job for managers. Because business can be seasonal it is sometimes hard to get away to enjoy vacation and time off.

Competitive atmosphere, ample growth opportunities, extremely rewarding!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work, dedication and results are always recognized and rewarded. Growth potential is limitless! The team we've developed in our region truly cares about each other and feels like family. The rewards are endless from great benefits and competitive salaries to fun-filled company outings and an amazing bonus structure!

Cons

Dedication means being willing to work long hours as needed, and do anything possible to hit your goals. It's definitely not for anyone who isn't competitive in nature or sales-oriented.

Great company for long term career.

Current Employee - Partner in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Partner in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at the company for nearly 20 years and hard work and commitment have paid off! A fast growing company has resulted in an interesting and challenging work environment driven by excellence and rewarded through partnership program and knowing that I have made a difference.

Cons

At times is a high stress environment, but I enjoy the fast pace, over coming challenges and taking ownership of my job. In weathering the storms I have found that long term trumps short term.

Dynamic and Challenging Career

Current Employee - Senior Level Executive in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Level Executive in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working as an executive of The Connor Group now almost a year and can truly say that I've never worked for a similar company in my nearly twenty years as a business professional. The company expects the best and rewards those that are committed to excellence. Furthermore, the company holds true to one of it's Core Values that "People Count". I've also been impressed with the company's diversity and approach to hiring those candidates that also believe in the relentless pursuit of excellence.

Cons

It's not really a "Con" but potential employees should know that this company gives everyone responsibility and expects its employees to be accountable. With that said, if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

An Associate Focused Employer

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While working at The Connor Group over the past three years I have gained a great deal of appreciation for the way associates are treated. This is the first job I have held where I truly feel like my hard work doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

I also appreciate being able to work in a position were I am not micromanaged or constantly feel like I'm being told how to do my job. My direct supervisor and I have a great working relationship where we trust each other to meet requests or deadlines. It's my belief that this fosters an environment where team members can learn from one another and explore techniques that could improve the company.

Cons

Rewarding and recognizing is great but is can sometimes come at a cost. A lot is expected of associates, as it should be, but it should come with a reasonable work/life balance. There have been times when extra work or hours are expected of some associates potentially getting in the way of their personal life. While it's great that this type of work does not go unnoticed it should still be avoided whenever possible.

Continue to find unique ways of rewarding and recognizing associates for hard work and successful performance, but be reasonable when it interferes with a personal life.

Invest more time into listening to the feedback of your customers (residents). Like associates, they are a form of life blood in the company. We've made strides to improve our outreach to them, but they could hold more answers in the areas where we can improve.