The Connor Group Reviews

1. Challenging work environment coupled with personal and professional growth

Current Employee - PCM - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - PCM - Profit Center Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The great thing about The Connor Group is they really do focus on PEOPLE! You absolutely get out of this company everything that you put into it. You're challenged and motivated everyday to succeed and they provide you with the training to do so. You work with other high achievers and talented people who are always there for support, help, and training when needed. There are fantastic incentives put in place to truly reward those who are excelling. The Connor Group also promotes from within - and the sky is the limit. Being a partner is an opportunity available to all associates, not just those higher up within the company!

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 mundane job where you go to work to simply collect a paycheck, this is not the job for you. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, and enjoy exceeding goals and expectations - you're looking in the right place!!

2. Competitive atmosphere, ample growth opportunities, extremely rewarding!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Trainer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work, dedication and results are always recognized and rewarded. Growth potential is limitless! The team we've developed in our region truly cares about each other and feels like family. The rewards are endless from great benefits and competitive salaries to fun-filled company outings and an amazing bonus structure!

Cons

Dedication means being willing to work long hours as needed, and do anything possible to hit your goals. It's definitely not for anyone who isn't competitive in nature or sales-oriented.

Great company for long term career.

Current Employee - Partner in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Partner in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at the company for nearly 20 years and hard work and commitment have paid off! A fast growing company has resulted in an interesting and challenging work environment driven by excellence and rewarded through partnership program and knowing that I have made a difference.

Cons

At times is a high stress environment, but I enjoy the fast pace, over coming challenges and taking ownership of my job. In weathering the storms I have found that long term trumps short term.

Dynamic and Challenging Career

Current Employee - Senior Level Executive in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Level Executive in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working as an executive of The Connor Group now almost a year and can truly say that I've never worked for a similar company in my nearly twenty years as a business professional. The company expects the best and rewards those that are committed to excellence. Furthermore, the company holds true to one of it's Core Values that "People Count". I've also been impressed with the company's diversity and approach to hiring those candidates that also believe in the relentless pursuit of excellence.

Cons

It's not really a "Con" but potential employees should know that this company gives everyone responsibility and expects its employees to be accountable. With that said, if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

An Associate Focused Employer

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While working at The Connor Group over the past three years I have gained a great deal of appreciation for the way associates are treated. This is the first job I have held where I truly feel like my hard work doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

I also appreciate being able to work in a position were I am not micromanaged or constantly feel like I'm being told how to do my job. My direct supervisor and I have a great working relationship where we trust each other to meet requests or deadlines. It's my belief that this fosters an environment where team members can learn from one another and explore techniques that could improve the company.

Cons

Rewarding and recognizing is great but is can sometimes come at a cost. A lot is expected of associates, as it should be, but it should come with a reasonable work/life balance. There have been times when extra work or hours are expected of some associates potentially getting in the way of their personal life. While it's great that this type of work does not go unnoticed it should still be avoided whenever possible.

Continue to find unique ways of rewarding and recognizing associates for hard work and successful performance, but be reasonable when it interferes with a personal life.

Invest more time into listening to the feedback of your customers (residents). Like associates, they are a form of life blood in the company. We've made strides to improve our outreach to them, but they could hold more answers in the areas where we can improve.

7. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding job as long as you're willing to work hard. Good hours. Benefits are awesome (health & dental, 401-K, vacation & personal time). On-going training to ensure everyone is on the same page.

Cons

The job requires time management and organizational skills. In order to be successful you have to be a hard worker. You also need to be open to constructive criticism and really listen to advice that people give you.

It would be nice to see upper management visit the properties more often.

Not that great...

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Development professionally: management skills, administration, capital projects and office. Busy environment. Company cares about employees financial future and pay is well.

Cons

Favoritism is very strong. Underline racism within company. There needs to be diversity training for upper management if there isn't any. You hear a lot of comments about cultures and people referred to as "colored" by some. I was even called names by upper management and nothing was done. People are so scared of the next person. Nobody says anything until the situation is unavoidable. Employees are only appreciated or shown recognition if they're a favorite.

Don't take things out on employees because you're having a bad day. Show recognition to everyone. Train better. Appreciate your hard workers a lot more.

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at The Connor Group

Pros

Absutely terrible company. Glad I left

Cons

Unethical, negative, senior managers show favoritism. Terrible company.

Get new honest and caring upper management

10. Unbelievable culture

I have been working at The Connor Group

Pros

Great culture. If you're successful, this organization rewards you better than any I've seen.

Cons

If you aren't willing to go the extra mile, don't bother working at The Connor Group. If you are committed to excellence, the sky is the limited financially.

Liars, Unethical and will get caught one day

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Reward & Recognition is top notch

Cons

Upper Management can be married to their staff and get away with it. Look around, do you see any men working as property managers.....they don't hire men! They will get audited by the Department of Labor one day and the whole ship will sink. Knock, Knock Mr. Connor it is illegal to discriminate against men.

Its 2014, hiring practices and labor relation policies really do exist. Get with it or you will be on the news shortly explaining why you don't hire men for your properties.