The Connor Group

Updated November 19, 2014
4.2

The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Pros
  • Reward and Recognition is great (in 24 reviews)

• The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed (in 14 reviews)

• You do work long hours, because there is always something that needs to be done yesterday (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company, with tremendous room for growth!

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has so much opportunity, in addition your hard work does not go unrecognized, which is huge nowadays! Everyone that works for the company is truly invested in the company, which makes you want to work harder!

Cons

Sometimes the pressure to meet your goals can be overwhelming, but in the end it's worth it. During the summer the hours can be long, but it definitely balances out in the long run.

If you are invested, you WILL definitely grow with the company, if you're not, this job is not for you.

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at The Connor Group

Pros

Absutely terrible company. Glad I left

Cons

Unethical, negative, senior managers show favoritism. Terrible company.

Get new honest and caring upper management

Challenging & rewarding

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Connor Group recognizes hard work & results and they reward you for it with bonuses as well as advancement opportunities. They encompass the work hard, play hard mentality. The amount of training given is by far the best I have seen. There is also a great work life balance!!

Cons

If you aren't willing to put in the time to make your property successful then this is not a good company for you. Like most companies, success is not handed to you so expect to explain why goals weren't met.

Keep growing in NC!

Liars, Unethical and will get caught one day

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reward & Recognition is top notch

Cons

Upper Management can be married to their staff and get away with it. Look around, do you see any men working as property managers.....they don't hire men! They will get audited by the Department of Labor one day and the whole ship will sink. Knock, Knock Mr. Connor it is illegal to discriminate against men.

Its 2014, hiring practices and labor relation policies really do exist. Get with it or you will be on the news shortly explaining why you don't hire men for your properties.

If you're committed and competent, the sky's the limit

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Springboro, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Springboro, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People here are rewarded and recognized for doing a great job, no matter what position they're in. I've seen maintenance technicians and entry-level sales people become partners in the firm. The company asks a lot of its associates, but gives a lot in return -- benefits, bonuses, awards, etc.

Cons

It's a low-headcount, high-productivity company. That's not for everybody. Some people are used to companies where they can not do their job and hide -- sometimes for years. That doesn't happen at The Connor Group.

Leasing Consultant

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Provided leasing options for interested parties and assisted with managing day to day operations of the community.

Cons

I found the leadership with this organization to be less than professional. Management was more concerned with flipping apartments regardless of its condition. The hours that you work does not match the level of pay received.

"People ARE the number one key to success"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Sharonville, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Sharonville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have experienced some awful people in the jobs that I have had in the past. I have been very blessed to work with such an amazing company filled with people who genuienly care about EVERYONE'S success. There are unlimited opportunies to move up in the company, incentives, bonus potiential and recognition when you've done a good job! Every single person that I've come into contact with from TCG has been very helpful, hardworking and are willing to answer any question regardless of their job titles. This is NOT a "that's not my job" kind of place. There is nothing better than coming into work everyday and seeing smiles on everyone's face and willingness to succeed!

Cons

Being Successful requires hardwork. That being said, The Connor Group is not for everyone. You work long hours, study and train hard to succeed, have set goals to be met (which you are trained to meet them). If you are not goal- oriented, prompt, organized and have a good attitude 100% of the time, this job is not for you.

Great company at first....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were not many PROS about this company, and it wasn't until the last few months that it became obvious they were not concerned about their employees or their residence. The staff at some of the properties were awesome, and we all left for the same reasons. I am still friends with several co-workers from my time there. BEST PRO EVER.

Cons

Property Management didn't practice what they preached. They shopped on the clock, didn't follow corporate policies and procedures and Senior Management thought it was okay to have relations with staff. Until they got caught and terminated.

At The Connor Group you are truly valued and part of a success driven team!

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Since I have started working for The Connor Group, I can truly say I have never felt so proud to say where I work at. This team/company is driven by the success of their people. Facing new challenges daily has never been so rewarding and exciting. They stand by their core values including that people count. They go that extra mile with you to ensure you on the path to success. The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons from working at The Connor Group. I couldn't be happier!

keep up the amazing work and thank you for all you have done!

Nightmarish and unethical

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sleeing late because hours are 930 to 7

Cons

Racial profiling, ripping off residents by charging 90 for cable while the company pays 24. Water is 29 yet the city only charges a couple bucks avg.per unit. Raising rent in different amounts for different people. Mold, junk appliances, keeping deposits. They pay bonuses months after you earn them and if you resign before the check goes out..they void it.

Run an ethical business and stop paying your employees to post this nonsense about your great company when you are being sued by so many people.