The Connor Group Reviews

Updated April 13, 2015
164 reviews filtered by

Liars, Unethical and will get caught one day

Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Vice President in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Reward & Recognition is top notch

Cons

Upper Management can be married to their staff and get away with it. Look around, do you see any men working as property managers.....they don't hire men! They will get audited by the Department of Labor one day and the whole ship will sink. Knock, Knock Mr. Connor it is illegal to discriminate against men.

Advice to Management

Its 2014, hiring practices and labor relation policies really do exist. Get with it or you will be on the news shortly explaining why you don't hire men for your properties.

Leasing Consultant

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Provided leasing options for interested parties and assisted with managing day to day operations of the community.

Cons

I found the leadership with this organization to be less than professional. Management was more concerned with flipping apartments regardless of its condition. The hours that you work does not match the level of pay received.

A great company to work for...

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Connor Group believes in reward and recognition and does a great job in rewarding and recognizing associates for meeting or exceeding goals. Another great thing with The Connor Group is there is always potential and room for growth from within and promotions from within. The environment is another aspect that is great with The Connor Group because it is very open and unique, you never have to feel scared or intimidated rather you are asking for help or giving your opinion.

Cons

The Connor Group does expect associates to work hard and to meet or exceed the goals that are set for them, but to me this is not a con because that has been the case with any company I have worked for.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to meet with associates or discuss with associates all of the potential and room for growth from within and promotions from within. The company has shared that they are looking into and in the future will have a program where managers and senior managers can meet with and discuss with associates their future development plans for their future goals with the company, I am very excited for that and think that will be a great addition to the company.

Great company, with tremendous room for growth!

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company has so much opportunity, in addition your hard work does not go unrecognized, which is huge nowadays! Everyone that works for the company is truly invested in the company, which makes you want to work harder!

Cons

Sometimes the pressure to meet your goals can be overwhelming, but in the end it's worth it. During the summer the hours can be long, but it definitely balances out in the long run.

Advice to Management

If you are invested, you WILL definitely grow with the company, if you're not, this job is not for you.

6. Challenging & rewarding

Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Profit Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Connor Group recognizes hard work & results and they reward you for it with bonuses as well as advancement opportunities. They encompass the work hard, play hard mentality. The amount of training given is by far the best I have seen. There is also a great work life balance!!

Cons

If you aren't willing to put in the time to make your property successful then this is not a good company for you. Like most companies, success is not handed to you so expect to explain why goals weren't met.

Advice to Management

Keep growing in NC!

7. If you're committed and competent, the sky's the limit

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Springboro, OH
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Springboro, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People here are rewarded and recognized for doing a great job, no matter what position they're in. I've seen maintenance technicians and entry-level sales people become partners in the firm. The company asks a lot of its associates, but gives a lot in return -- benefits, bonuses, awards, etc.

Cons

It's a low-headcount, high-productivity company. That's not for everybody. Some people are used to companies where they can not do their job and hide -- sometimes for years. That doesn't happen at The Connor Group.

8. My Time with the Connor Group

Current Intern - Internet Marketing in Dayton, OH
    Current Intern - Internet Marketing in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros are having great and flexible hours. My co-workers and office staff are nice and easy to get a long with. Everything is at a fast pace giving little time to idle, which makes the days got faster. I enjoy the work I am doing with the Internet Marketing Department and it is always an interesting day.

Cons

Working for the Connor Group is not for the lazy. There is a lot of work to be done, and it is expected to be done asap.

Great company at first....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were not many PROS about this company, and it wasn't until the last few months that it became obvious they were not concerned about their employees or their residence. The staff at some of the properties were awesome, and we all left for the same reasons. I am still friends with several co-workers from my time there. BEST PRO EVER.

Cons

Property Management didn't practice what they preached. They shopped on the clock, didn't follow corporate policies and procedures and Senior Management thought it was okay to have relations with staff. Until they got caught and terminated.

10. "People ARE the number one key to success"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Sharonville, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Sharonville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have experienced some awful people in the jobs that I have had in the past. I have been very blessed to work with such an amazing company filled with people who genuienly care about EVERYONE'S success. There are unlimited opportunies to move up in the company, incentives, bonus potiential and recognition when you've done a good job! Every single person that I've come into contact with from TCG has been very helpful, hardworking and are willing to answer any question regardless of their job titles. This is NOT a "that's not my job" kind of place. There is nothing better than coming into work everyday and seeing smiles on everyone's face and willingness to succeed!

Cons

Being Successful requires hardwork. That being said, The Connor Group is not for everyone. You work long hours, study and train hard to succeed, have set goals to be met (which you are trained to meet them). If you are not goal- oriented, prompt, organized and have a good attitude 100% of the time, this job is not for you.

Not a good company to work for

Former Employee - Property Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the co-workers and rewards were very nice

Cons

There is no quality of life. Your life is the job.

Advice to Management

Balance