The Connor Group

Updated September 16, 2014
4.2

The Connor Group Managing Partner Larry Connor
Larry Connor

Pros
  • The company invests in its associates through training, benefits and reward and recognition (in 20 reviews)

• The Connor Group is an amazing place to work and not hard work ever goes unnoticed (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Hard work and dedication is expected and can sometimes mean long hours (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Honest Company with True Values

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best reasons to work here is to get recognized and rewarded (very well) for everything that you do! The company truly believes in rewarding their associates for jobs well done whether it's a trophy or plaque at the bi-annual awards breakfast, a raise, a bonus, a shout out via email to the entire company, or a promotion. You will never feel under valued.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here is that you are responsible for someone else's home. It's not just a job. If a pipe bursts or a tree breaks a residents window, they're going to call you first and you have to be prepared to handle those situations. Sometimes it can be stressful, but only the right people can handle the position.

Continue putting your employees first and keeping close relationships with all of us. The little things really mean a lot to us that are in the field.

Work Hard- Play Hard!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of my favorite things about the companies I work for: I actually get to meet the man that started it all. Larry Connor is very involved and there is no greater feeling than shaking hands with the man who created such a successful company. The company is very regulated, numbers based, and systematic. Literally, if you follow "the Connor way", you are set up for success.

Cons

There are quite a few, however it is not the company. Each region may be ran a little differently. One aspect I wish was a little different was the work-life balance. You are expected a lot of the time to put in extra hours to hit numbers and do not really get compensation for it. Hitting your numbers is of course a huge reward, but you find yourself living at work.

I would just say follow the systems a bit more. Larry Connor is very intelligent and he has created a company built for success. One little step in the wrong direction creates disaster, deranging from the core values he has put in place to live by.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Senior Level Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Level Executive

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Connor Group is a company that provides excellent training for the associates. There is opportunity for advancement and anybody can become a partner. There is also great reward and recognition for over achievers!

Cons

Not for people who are looking for a just a "job" and are not willing to work hard.

If you are orgnized, can hold people accountable and follow systems, you will be extremely successful.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bring your A game every day

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is not your typical office environment. You're challenged daily and encouraged to think outside the box. Reaching your goals and hard work will allow you to succeed and grow here.

Cons

Managing your work life balance can be difficult if you allow it.

I would not recommend.

I worked at The Connor Group full-time

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities within the company.

Cons

Incredibly high turn over. Not enough staff per property. No work/life balance. Inconsistency in management. Bonus potential but there were multiple times goals were hit and bonuses not paid. Management does not care about individuals. Hard to get support.

competitive family atmosphere

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Held accountable, competitive, rewarding, structured, fun, team atmosphere and work with leaders. You will succeed if you want to, don't leave it in anyone's hands but your own.

Cons

If you are not self motivated or goal oriented you will not be successful. No one lasts that just wants a paycheck or just goes through the motions.

Need to create some kind of mentor program for new hires so they can feel more comfortable sooner.

Fantastic experience! This job has pushed me to exceed goals in all aspects of my life.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

great team environment, positive competition, benefits, reward & recognition, career advancement, managers are involved, expectations are clear

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be long and hitting goals can be high pressure, but that's typical in a sales job

Be more involved in development plans and continue to follow up after they have been set

A Company Unlike Any Other

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Centerville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centerville, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After having lived the "corporate life," The Connor Group is like a breath of fresh air. Hard work, commitment and team work are rewarded in very unique and surprising ways. While friendly competition is encouraged, it never overshadows the underlying foundation of team work or our core values.

Cons

Work-life balance can be an issue - especially if you're a person driven to succeed. But this is hardly unique to The Connor Group.

Keep talking about our core values and providing real-life examples. It's extremely effective.

My experience with The Connor Group has been life changing. I have grown into a successful Sales Manager and leader.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay
    Adavancment Opportunity
    Challenging
    Rewarded for my good works
    Paid Holidays
    401 K Program
    Great Leadership from Upper Managment
    Real Development
    Great training program
    Great culture

Cons

In all sales jobs, time is money so to make money sometimes you work long hours.

Continue to remember that People Count!

A good place to work!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company with great people to work with. The company has solid benefits included ranging from salary to bonuses to insurance to 401K.

Cons

The Atlanta Region is limited on positions after property manager. In order to be successful, you will have to have a very strong work ethic and be prepared for working 50 plus hours a week including Saturdays and possibly Sundays.

Training still needs development.

Worked for The Connor Group? Contribute to the Community!