The Cooke Center for Learning and Development

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
CEO

1. Wouldn't return, but not the worst place to work.

I worked at The Cooke Center for Learning and Development full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Everyone was very kind and the company offers good benefits especially if you work there longer than a year.

Cons

My supervisor was never around or accessible. When she left half of our department lost our jobs. Her predecessor wound up leaving a few months later leaving the school stranded. I think corporate acted first and made decisions too quickly and they lost a lot of good people.

Advice to Management

Pay your teachers more. They're kind and wonderful. It's hard enough teaching children without learning disabilities. They're the backbone of the school.

Would Never Recommend

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at The Cooke Center for Learning and Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was decent. Ran on a Semi DOE schedule. Summers off with pay.

Cons

Administration in the school had their favorites. Didn't know what they were doing. Very poor collaboration/communication with staff. There's no training. Rules and guidelines were outrageous. No one helped the new employees and only looked out for themselves. Everything was sugar coated to the directors, very oblivious to whats really going on. Very non caring fake environment.

Advice to Management

Look at What your workers are doing. Don't believe everything that they are saying. Do Investigations or you will likely receive a lawsuit. Visit the schools more often, especially the higher schools. MAKE UNANNOUNCED VISITS TO YOUR SITES.

RSS Feed </> Embed