The Cosmopolitan

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Unwin

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at the Cosmopolitan is absolutely amazing.

Valet Booth Attendant (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsWorking at the Cosmopolitan is actually an amazing experience. I love the people I work for and actually enjoy coming to work. We are treated like people, and although there are set backs in the operational aspect of work, it is to be expected. The pay is fantastic, and genuinely being happy to be at work reflects towards the guests.

ConsThere are some employees that complain constantly about every aspect of working there. They company pays for our lunch? The food's not good in their eyes, and the dollar limit on how much we can spend daily is too little which isn't true.

Great Culture and Team Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCulture, community, interesting work, fast-paced, variety of growth opportunities across several areas

Conslong hours, disorganization, lack of accountability

Advice to Senior Managementbetter quality recognition and appreciation for lower level employees

The culture of Zappos and the unsteadyness of a underfunded corporation.

Concierge (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey are independently owned. They are a young company and ripe with ideas and thirsty to do something different on the Strip. They are a breath of fresh air when getting hired, because they are not stuck in a time warp of hiring their best friends They also have personality aside from just gaming. They focus on the overall guest experience and not just casinos.

ConsWith so much to learn for an employee, it starts to feel like they are taking everything they see from Ted Talks and throwing it at the wall to see what sticks. Unfortunately, some people get fired because what sticks is just not practical. They are due to be sold to the highest bidder. So expect a lot of movement from your upper management. If you think Unwin will stick around or your top managers think again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for if you do what's expected of you or more

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsSuperior internal culture. Give you a complete sense of belonging. Excellent food in the employee dining room.

ConsA lot of young, inexperienced managers. Employees hired for personality, not necessarily for skills in their particular job.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees about the current status of your departments. They tend to know a lot more about what's going on than you all do.

Great Experience

Security Agent (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsWork environment, room for personal growth, opportunity to climb the career ladder

ConsDepending on the department you work for, structures may seem strange

Good Company to work for

Front Office Management (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCompany has evolved to a destination where young and old want to come and stay. The amenities at the property and the staff really loves to work here.

ConsUpward movement within your position. Takes a long time to progress as it seems that internal politics take precedence over skill level. If it wasn't for that everything would be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those with actual skills to progress within the company rather than allowing politics and personal connections outside of work to decide who gets promoted.

Overall it was positive - the CoStar concept was a big plus

Director (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe culture - offering something "Different that Matters"

ConsThat concept doesn't work too well in a Gaming environment

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to catch the big fish - you have to use the right bait. Success in a Gaming environment is based on reputation, building and maintaining a clientele base which increases the amount of real money being dropped in the casino. There is no luck involved - the more you "drop" the more the odds kick-in!

Horrible

Guest Service (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsAffordable insurance and flexible hours

ConsIf you aren't LGBT you won't get promoted

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive with your employees

Worst place I ever worked in my life

Information Technology (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsAverage pay,otherwise nothing there, if you like employee restaurant that might count as a positive

ConsNo leadership whatsoever, current CIO clueless, unless you consider tyranny mixed with flirtation, leaderships skills. Weak to non-existent management. Technical manager and long term employees in place because of wide spread nepotism in IT department. People come and go it is revolving door IT department, almost 99,9% of the long time employees are people with few skills,but they know how to play politics and they have no backbone,some of them use the place to get skills and move on, bright ones leave quickly this mess. Heavy favoritism is displayed by upper management. CIO cluelessly spend lots of funds for poor projects, Database and DWH is a one big expensive mess. Very few days of 15 days a year including federal holidays

Advice to Senior ManagementGet laid yourself and save company money

Worst JOB AND COMPANY TO WORK FOR EVER

Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosthere are no pros about the Cosmopolitan

ConsUnorganized, makes up the rules as the go, management team are unexperienced in the job the were hired on to do. worst job, worst company.

Advice to Senior Managementget trained and listen to your employees

Worked for The Cosmopolitan? Contribute to the Community!