The Delta Companies

www.tdcpeople.com

The Delta Companies Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014
The Delta Companies – Dallas – “Rolex Winner”

Jeff Bowling

Amazing culture and great leaders!

Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe culture is amazing. Disco balls, events/activities for every holiday!

ConsYou must enter this job with a proven great work ethic, put a ton of hours in to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing because you make a difference.

It's an ok company to work at but little room for growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFun, friendly and very active and lots of philanthropy opportunities. The company is focused on it's core values and have great quarterly meetings. A very trendy office with disco balls on the upper floors.

ConsThe turn over is high with the recruiters and marketers. Too many changes in seating arrangement. Too many changes among the management staff. Feels almost like a cult. It seems like if you don't think the way they do then you are out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to you employees they have great suggestions. Your leaders are not always right.

Great atmosphere

Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAwesome people to work with

ConsConstant changes that seemed unnecessary

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place! True focus on the employee's professional and personal growth.

Current Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere are rewards for hitting production goals like having FRIDAYS OFF as well as days given to employees to use as "philanthropy days" which definitley equals a great work/life balance. Fun environment complete with pool table, ping pong table and celebrations with music. Again - a big focus on the employee

ConsHigh demand on sales: it is a sales organization so a continuing focus on metrics is high. If that is not an environment you are not used to, it may not be right for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementCelebrate the small stuff along with the big stuff = better motivation

Love this place!

Leadership (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe culture is amazing! People care about each other and care about your personal success. Although it is competitive from a personal perspective, people definitely care about the team goal and will help you succeed and push you to do your best. Executive leadership is amazing!

ConsCannot think of anything of significance that is worth mentioning.

Horrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere are not a lot of pros I can think of. Initially you think the culture is cool...once you are there for a while you realize how fake it is and it is like a cult. If you do not drink the Kool-Aid you are dismissed

ConsFraternity, promoted based on friendships rather than production, no direction, lack of leadership, like a cult...if you don't drink their weird Kool-Aid you are dismissed

Advice to Senior Managementwholesale changes are needed, listen to people in the trenches, promote based upon execution not on who kisses butt

very positive

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosfast paced, cutting edge, travel opportunities, can make good money!

Constravel, cyclical opportunities, retained recruiting

Scam

Travel Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pay is good if you make it past a month

ConsThey don't tell you the logistics of the job in the interview they just emphasize the money. You're making 150 calls a day at random hospitals trying to convince people to work with you. Their goals are unrealistic. They fire you after a month if you haven't recruited at least 10 people. The management sucks and the owner is a con artist. The turnover rate is extremely high and as a recent college grad I felt like they took advantage of that during the interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more realistic goals and don't have people call random hospitals to steal jobs! Call the people that you already know are interested!

Get your start here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture is fun, the training is great, philanthropy is a huge mission

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement although they say there is. Raises aren't great or based on merit but everyone around you is getting richer. There are a lot of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your support people. Get good people that know what they're doing and pay them well to do it. It doesn't have to be a revolving door!

Think Twice

National Recruiter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood money if you put in the time and effort.

ConsDo as I say not as I do philosophy. If you want a social company rather then a career goal this place is perfect, but if youre looking to further your career then there are other far better organizations to work for.

Worked for The Delta Companies? Contribute to the Community!