The Dinex Group

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel Boulud

Worked hard, great learning experience

Bread Baker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat training, decent hours for bread baking, lots of different breads, fast paced. Resume and skill builder. Benefits are decent.

ConsCulture of a French kitchen can be a little rough and impatient. Training is not necessarily in English: learn by watching but pressure is on to be very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly one week of vacation time after a year of service is very low for a fast-paced, very physical job.

Not a woman friendly kitchen environment

Chef De Partie (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBeautiful food concepts, but a menu undeserving of the boloud name

ConsInexperienced chefs on power trips

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed adults running the kitchens not boys.

Great experience for an intern

Pastry Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking with amazing chefs, and a team of fun but serious workers who all have very positive attitudes. Had the opportunity to attend NYC F&B event while assisting the pastry chef (I was in Pastry). Really good experience. I was an intern back then.

ConsThere really isn't any I can think of. The restaurant is really busy so prepare to work a lot (with lots of passion too ;)).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great management, fun place to work, average money

Server (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI cant speak for the other restaurants, but the one I work at has an amazing boss. Smart and outstanding at his job, but also very cool on a personal level. Insurance is a rarity in serving jobs so that is a big plus. The people and the insurance are the reason I've stayed as long as I have.

ConsThe money is below what you would expect. Too many hands in the cookie jar. My experience in NYC is the typical tipout (to bussers/runners/bar) is 40-45%. Here with "managers" (sommeliers, matire d, etc), we tip out around 65%. Making $500 in tips a night but only actually getting to keep $150 is very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive "managers" a salary so servers don't have to share their money. Other than that, no complaints!

good for freshers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosmore chance of growth here

Constraining is not as good

Good

Server (Current Employee)

Prosvery good atmosphere and fun people.
    I

ConsLoud area. Wine cellar far away.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worked for The Dinex Group? Contribute to the Community!