The Distinctive Edge Reviews

4.0
The Distinctive Edge Owner Eric Chapman
Eric Chapman

1. Featured Review

The Most Valuable Position I Have Ever Held In Terms of My Professional Development

Current Employee - Team Leader in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Timonium, MD

I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working with The Distinctive Edge is that at every single step of the way I have been mentored by those who have more experience than I do and have had the opportunity to coach those who have less. The values system and culture at The Distinctive Edge is unlike anywhere else I have ever been and it fosters one of the best team environments. Since starting I have not only learned sales, but how to conduct professional interviews, train and develop new hires and most importantly teach them to do what I can already do. My ability to move up in the company is based solely on my own performance. Whether someone is simply looking for experience in business or for a career The Distinctive Edge will help.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything negative about The Distinctive Edge. I enjoy the Team Environment and the opportunity for continually personal development

2. managment training program

I worked at The Distinctive Edge full-time

Pros

Great environment and people. I learned so many different things that not only helped me in my personal life but also in my professional life as well. I also have the opportunities to travel and make connections with so many people and are in positions I want to be at later on in my career.

Cons

this is not so much a con but have to be willing to put in the work and effort to reach your goals with the help of the people around you.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

3. door to door sales

I worked at The Distinctive Edge full-time

Pros

The training is excellent. its the perfect job for a high school graduate.

Cons

this is a door to door sales position. THATS IT! They do not tell you this when you go in for an interview.

Advice to Management

Do not deceive your employees or future hires. Let them know from the start that this is a door to door sales position.

Door to Door Sales

I worked at The Distinctive Edge full-time

Pros

Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. Positive working environment. Mostly young people. Team work very key and instrumental.

Cons

DOOR TO DOOR SALES!!!!!!!! COMMISSION ONLY!!!!

Team Lead: Gaining hands on experience, business fundamentals and how it apply to them to the business world.

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a team lead I have many responsibilities, these include but are not limited to sales, training, data entry, interviewing and individual and group presentations. I am constantly preforming different tasks and my day goes by very quickly. My growth within the company is based off of my merit and ability to help others. I am excited to be apart of a marketing and sales company that cares about creating lasting relationship with their clients and employees.

Cons

I can't come up with anything I don't like about this company. I believe in merit based growth and working hard for the life you want.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Timonium, MD

I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people support each other and truly care about each others growth -There is a great opportunity to learn and grow -Formal Training for your career -The environment is fun and motivational -Commission Pay, there is no limit to how much you can make. As long as you work hard you will do well

Cons

- Longer hours, but the day goes by fast and you don't even notice.

Excited to go to work everyday!

I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is why I fell in love with The Distinctive Edge. I'm surrounded by motivated, hardworking people who are not only determined to succeed themselves, but also eagerly strive to help their co-workers succeed. Every one in the office has such great energy and are very passionate about what they do. I also like the training and advancement potential. No matter what position you're in, whether it be Entry Level or Consultant, we're always learning knew things and working toward bigger goals, there's never a dull moment!

Cons

Some people get scared away by the commission aspect of the job, but I see it as a great opportunity. There's an uncapped limit to how much you can make. Besides, we sell a great product! The hours are long, but no one became successful by doing the bare minimum at a boring 9-5 job. I love what I do and enjoy every second of it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Growth

Pros

1. You will learn how to do sales which only improves every area of your life. 2. You learn how to interview and assess talent, which is a two-fold skill for learning how to hire the right people and how to maximize any future interviews that you might have. 3. You learn how to train others by teaching new team members what you have learned 4. You learn how to manage and lead a team of 10+ people. 5. You learn to become comfortable with being uncomfortable. 6. Make long lasting relationships. 7. Opportunity to travel

Cons

1. Long hours. 9 hours per day M-F and 6 hours on Saturday. That is 51 hours and as you build a team you will easily start working close to, if not more than, 70 hours a week. This is a negative if you don't buy into the idea of paying now and playing later in life. 2. 100% Commission. No overtime. No salary when not making sales. Easy system to use to earn sales and to teach. Negative if you have a poor work ethic and lack confidence. 3. No medical benefits until you reach management level. 4. No reimbursement for gas or mileage as you use your own vehicle for travel. 5. Time off for anything other then emergencies is highly frowned upon.

Outstanding Company with Community Involvement

I have been working at The Distinctive Edge full-time

Pros

This company genuinely cares about its employees as well as the community. Charity work is a huge passion of mine and this company does a lot of it. Last year The Distinctive Edge raised over $5,000 for Operation Smile, as well as doing other charities in the local community. They do this through various, fun, events that they host and get everyone's friends and families involved. The Distinctive Edge offers hands on and classroom training. The training is a constant development of yourself, professionally and personally. There is a lot of one on one training and anytime anyone needs help, someone is there to lend a hand. They promote from within so the training is always focused on getting someone to the next promotion. The office culture, although a lot of fun, is most certainly the best way to learn by doing drills, practicing, and implementing new strategies to perform at a higher level. This firm has extremely high standards, which makes anyone proud to work there. The Distinctive Edge encourages change. Management loves new ideas and encourages the employees to be innovative and creative.

Cons

The constant training will show your weaknesses. However, the company is there to help work on them and develop the skills needed to reach the next promotion.

Advice to Management

Continue training for leadership roles in the company. The library of books offered at no cost to read is a great perk. Stay as involved as you are and the company growth goals will most certainly happen.

Such A Dissapointment

Former Employee - Leadership (Field Representative ) in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Leadership (Field Representative ) in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Distinctive Edge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet many people from all facets of life.

Cons

No work life balance. You work 6 days 12 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your new hire and you current leaders, don't feed them dream that will not come true.

RSS Feed </> Embed