I worked at The Edge Fitness Clubs full-time for more than a year
Pros – -good people to work with (besides mgt)
-good customer interaction
-made a lot of friends
Cons – -dont promote within
-long hours (50 a week)
Advice to Senior Management – treat your existing employees with more respect. you need to promote employees that have been there for years, working their a** off instead of just hiring new people off the street. extremely discouraging and demotivating environment.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2012-07-30 12:21 PDT
I worked at The Edge Fitness Clubs full-time for more than 3 years
Pros – + Free gym membership
+ Meet cool members (for the most part)
Cons – - having to call people and beg them to come join the gym (aka 1993 sales techniques)
- unrealistic expectations from managers
- gym managed solely by corporate office, individual gym managers are basically head sales managers
- low pay for such silly demands (passing out flyers in parking lots, going to visit businesses and asking them to join the gym)
Advice to Senior Management – Stop with the stupid stuff.
- putting flyers on peoples cars is stupid
- calling people at home is stupid and archaic
- most of your employees are stupid
- almost all of your "corporate" office employees are stupid
- you claim to promote from within and tell the membership advisors "the next sales manager is in this room" during meetings but then we see sales manager positions posted online and you hire from outside, this is stupid
- your hokey social media "campaign" is stupid
- stop with the join for a dollar stuff, its stupid and any smart shopper can haggle their way to this offer any time
- how about making the gyms as awesome as equinox and have the BEST customer service? maybe then your members won't cancel after the mandatory one year membership. one year commitment to a gym is stupid
- your personal trainers are the worst in the industry, no quality trainer will stay with you guys for long. your training plans are stupid
- instead of focusing so much on growth, why not improve the existing experiences you offer? many of your locations smell like dirty socks, this is stupid
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2013-07-15 11:50 PDT
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at The Edge Fitness Clubs
Pros – Extremely flexible if you are working on a part time basis. There is room for advancement as long as corporate management is aware of the desire.
Cons – It seems as the longer you work for the company the harder it is to advance. The company should treat its employees that have been loyal to the company, better.
Advice to Senior Management – Schedule quarterly reviews and be open to suggestions.
2010-07-13 13:18 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –