The Egg and I Restaurants

Great Starter Job

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Hostess in Centennial, CO

I worked at The Egg and I Restaurants part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours you're off by 3:00 pm at the latest, and can still have a full time job. Fun people and hard workers. It is a corporate atmosphere, but runs more smoothly because of this. Good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Although the corporate atmosphere made it run smoothly it was also a bit more stringent. You must be good at following specific guidelines for almost everything. Not quite as nice as competitor restaurants in the area.

Could be so much better

Former Employee - Server  in  Flowermound, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Flowermound, TX

I worked at The Egg and I Restaurants full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Loved my coworkers
    -Guests were good people
    -6am-2pm store hours

Cons

-Kitchen staff was racist, and it was acceptable
    -Management is unprofessional at best
    -GM was absent
    -The money is subpar compared to other serving jobs
    -Offered me a 'promotion' into management. Pay rate is $10 per hour, making it less than that of a server
    -Management catered to their friends on the staff as opposed to the actual talent
    -Pointless 6am meetings on off days that introduce nothing the staff doesn't already know about

When you have a worker that shows up on time, works hard, and the guests love...why make their life difficult? Also, if Egg and I expects to keep their talent, they need to offer more money when offering promotions into management. They are thinning out their talent pool and I wonder if this business model is built to last.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Egg and I Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great hours! Great people to work for and to work with. Always promote from within and they truly care about what they do.

Cons

Work weekends and most holidays, only Christmas and thanks giving off. Hard labor

Keep it up!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible negativity.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Hostess in Carmel, IN

I worked at The Egg and I Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing. There is nothing positive I can say about this company. It's horrible.

Cons

Short staffed. Manager yells at employees in front of customers. Horrible experience.

waitress

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Waitress in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Egg and I Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

great guest, can make great money if you have a positive friendly

Cons

does not promote from within, hire management outside. Does not promote people who deserve it. promote personal favorites. Overthink, alot of things that dont matter like containers. Instead of food safety and dates. Regular hand washing tips etc.

pay attention to your stores. Dont alway let stores know when your coming. pop up. Replace area management. Look into doing food safey checks random. Enforce mgr. on floor and not in office. It could be so great if upper management cared and pay attention to $ details and guest and food in stead of containers, and which way bread is turn how many shelfs you should have.

Corrupt management. Do not apply ladies...

I worked at The Egg and I Restaurants full-time

Pros

The hours are great even for managers

Cons

As a female manager you will consistently make less money then men doing the sane job even if your numbers are better. Upper management has actually told women that if they decide to get pregnant they need to plan on being induced so the restaurant can better plan for her absence. They routinely use under handed methods to remove women from management and the overall atmosphere is sexist. There is rampant sexual harassment at the store level that is consistently overlooked by the higher ups. In short keep shopping ladies.

Extremely negative environment.

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Waitress in Houston, TX

I worked at The Egg and I Restaurants

Pros

Working with customers and regulars who would come in looking forward to being served by you.

Cons

the turn over rate and negativity behind the scenes. I was never given enough tables even though I could handle it. While everyone else was running around frantic with too many tables I had hardly any and would end up helping them out but only getting my own tips.

Get new management.

Easy money great hours but just another job leading nowhere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Egg and I Restaurants

Pros

Awesome hours
    Consistent 60-100dollars a day tips

Cons

Its just another job
    Hard to advance
    To much work for servers compared to everyone else and they personally only pay servers 4 bucks an hour

Usually pretty good

Worked for The Egg and I Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!