The Egg and I Restaurants

Add Photos

Bill Baumhauer

Great Starter Job

Hostess (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat hours you're off by 3:00 pm at the latest, and can still have a full time job. Fun people and hard workers. It is a corporate atmosphere, but runs more smoothly because of this. Good opportunities for advancement.

ConsAlthough the corporate atmosphere made it run smoothly it was also a bit more stringent. You must be good at following specific guidelines for almost everything. Not quite as nice as competitor restaurants in the area.

Great place to work!

General Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat hours! Great people to work for and to work with. Always promote from within and they truly care about what they do.

ConsWork weekends and most holidays, only Christmas and thanks giving off. Hard labor

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

waitress

Waitress (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat guest, can make great money if you have a positive friendly

Consdoes not promote from within, hire management outside. Does not promote people who deserve it. promote personal favorites. Overthink, alot of things that dont matter like containers. Instead of food safety and dates. Regular hand washing tips etc.

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to your stores. Dont alway let stores know when your coming. pop up. Replace area management. Look into doing food safey checks random. Enforce mgr. on floor and not in office. It could be so great if upper management cared and pay attention to $ details and guest and food in stead of containers, and which way bread is turn how many shelfs you should have.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corrupt management. Do not apply ladies...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hours are great even for managers

ConsAs a female manager you will consistently make less money then men doing the sane job even if your numbers are better. Upper management has actually told women that if they decide to get pregnant they need to plan on being induced so the restaurant can better plan for her absence. They routinely use under handed methods to remove women from management and the overall atmosphere is sexist. There is rampant sexual harassment at the store level that is consistently overlooked by the higher ups. In short keep shopping ladies.

Extremely negative environment.

Waitress (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking with customers and regulars who would come in looking forward to being served by you.

Consthe turn over rate and negativity behind the scenes. I was never given enough tables even though I could handle it. While everyone else was running around frantic with too many tables I had hardly any and would end up helping them out but only getting my own tips.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management.

Easy money great hours but just another job leading nowhere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

ProsAwesome hours
    Consistent 60-100dollars a day tips

ConsIts just another job
    Hard to advance
    To much work for servers compared to everyone else and they personally only pay servers 4 bucks an hour

Advice to Senior ManagementUsually pretty good

Worked for The Egg and I Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!