The Execu|Search Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Edward Fleischman

Pros
  • There is definitely opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard (in 3 reviews)

• So if you work hard, you can seriously make a lot of money (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing to really say here except a possible need for more project specific training (in 2 reviews)

• It is hard work at first, but after you get a grasp on the routine becomes just like any other job (in 2 reviews)

Great decision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Execu|Search Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth potential, especially if you're just starting your career. Not every firm has a growth trajectory like we do here, which is what made it so appealing to me coming from another firm. Summer Fridays, hours, good culture, etc.

Cons

There are a lot of personalities here which can get hard to manage. There might be a disconnect coming from upper management or some of the other big players which can seem like a lack of respect for others.

Advice to Management

Just to make sure everyone under upper management is on the same page. It can get a little hectic when everyone isn't on the same page.

2. Breath of fresh air!

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

Company culture sells itself, yes it's a sales environment, yes you have to put your head down and do better than the day before, the week before, etc., but it's the way it's implemented; THAT is what makes this agency so different than any other firm out there. The support you feel on every level is incredible. People genuinely care about your success and want to help you, it's not about the metrics, it's performing and growing as an individual - that is how the company grows.

Cons

I have none - great company.

Advice to Management

Management style is excellent. You're able to be yourself and again, feel the support. The company strives for longevity and keeping their employees happy - it's working!

Not for everyone

I worked at The Execu|Search Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summer Fridays, young crowd, happy hours, hires new grads.

Cons

I can best describe this company as a shiny apple with a rotten core. It looks like a great company on the outside and masks itself really well by distracting you with flashy lights and glitter, and even the management seems convinced that they have a great work environment. A lot of the people that work in the recruiting part of the company have no idea about HR policies or laws and say ridiculous things that can be reported to the HR dept, which they don't have. Management tries to motivate everyone with money, but no matter how hard you work money isn't that great and commission is nothing special. It's a environment heavily revolving around micromanagement and no structure. There is a lot of things they need to do to figure out in terms of employee satisfaction and keeping talent in the company, because they lose a lot of great people that way.

Advice to Management

Construct a structure that works for subordinates, not only the senior leadership, because in the end the driving force of your company is the people under you.

AVOID THIS PLACE IF YOU CAN

I have been working at The Execu|Search Group full-time

Pros

Location Colleagues Laid back environment; this depends on what industry though

Cons

This is not a place for smart, driven and curious minds. Its a mediocre environment to say the least, they have no integrity and to them every employee is just a money making instrument.

6. Great company to work for, especially new grads!

I have been working at The Execu|Search Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, top of the line clients, in depth training, teamwork, location, starting salary, respectful management, happy hours, other events

Cons

No cons-have thoroughly enjoyed my time here, exactly what they say in interviews is how the company is.

Advice to Management

None.

7. Good company with growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Good management, company wants to see their employees succeed and will provide resources to make that happen

Cons

None that I can think of

8. Some Great Recruiters - Horrible Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

there are some really strong recruiters there who make a lot of money and know the business extremely well. it's is also a great place to learn the business relatively quickly

Cons

revolving door of employees upper management sucks partners are all snakes lots of back-stabbing to get ahead not much collaboration make guys to wear suites every day (this isn't wall street) They shame people who don't come in to work on weekends track all your movements via email almost like a prison

Advice to Management

forcing your employees to fill out phony positive company reviews for that Crain's best places to work is a dumb idea

9. Overall Great Company

Current Employee - Paraprofessional
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional

I have been working at The Execu|Search Group full-time

Pros

They will always keep you working.

Cons

The pay is not enough

10. Best decision ever!

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Everyone you work with is willing to help you, I have met some of the nicest people working at ES. The team I currently work with could not be any better, I have prior recruiting experience with other firms and this company goes above and beyond to treat their employees with the respect they deserve. Work hard play hard environment where everyone wants to see each other succeed, I interviewed with multiple firms and what set ES apart from the others was the opportunity to interview with current employees who are doing the same exact job you are interviewing for. This allows you to really get a feel on what the employees at your level feel about the firm, unlike the others where you are given smoke and mirrors about the job from upper management.

Cons

I have no complaints at all.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees like they're wanted as the firm continues to grow.

11. Best recruiting firm I've ever dealt with!

Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Efficient, professional, yet personal. My experience with Execu-Search was wonderful. Their Executive Director, Melissa Haber, really cares about the attorneys she places. Their payroll system was incredibly accurate, fast, and if there was an error on their part, they corrected it immediately! Based on horror stories told by my colleagues about other legal recruiters, I am so glad I got the chance to be placed through Execu-Search.

Cons

None! Execu-Search is first-class, one of the best recruiters in the business.

RSS Feed </> Embed