The Finger Companies

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014
2.9

Marvy A. Finger

Not as bad as every one makes it seem

Former Employee - Property Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits with the company matching your 401K.

Cons

They expect perfection of the employees without clear instruction on what they actually want.

More training for managers

Unique and great experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ive worked for finger companies for just about a year as an assistant manager and I've had a great experience. So many opportunities to grow with all the new properties that are being built. Mr.Finger is very generous and will rewards his employees accordingly for their success. Upper management is very accessible and open to ideas. Uniform money is great and compensation is much higher than other companies in the area

Cons

Not much training for new employees and there is considerable paperwork for certain things

Enjoy the challenge and the compensation.

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been an employee with the Finger Companies for over four years. I have worked in property management for close to 20 years and have worked for or dealt with pretty much every large management company at some point.

Every company has its strengths and weaknesses and the Finger Companies is no different. Personally I can say that it is a good match for the skill set and work ethic that I possess. I am a strong assistant by any measure and enjoy the fact that every day for me on site is challenge.

The pillars for The Finger Companies are excellence in quality AND service. To lead the industry for as many years as this company has requires not only recruitment of the top talent, but also a constant and ever present high level of accountability. Unlike other companies I have worked for in the past I would caution prospective employees that in this company there is no toleration for complacency. It is hard work but the compensation is commensurate with high level of expectations. I am proud to say that I am one of the highest paid assistant managers in the Greater Houston Area.
    There are more laid back companies out there but the company I work has a solid reputation and allows me to sustain a life style I enjoy.

Cons

Please see the above comments

Please see above comments

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love my Job!!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I truly enjoy my job! The corporate office has always been there to assist me along the way. Mr. Marvy Finger has always been kind and respectful towards me. And he is beyond generous when your doing a great job for him. He has helped me successed through out the years.

Cons

I haven't yet experienced a challenge. My job like any other job has its ups and downs but as long as your job is being done, it's greatly appreciated.

No at all! Thank you for all the support!!

Worst Professional Experience of My Life

Former Employee - Marketing Director  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Generous compensation, Free Coffee and Soda (listed only because the site requires I list five words)

Cons

Very hostile environment filled with gossipy - especially by upper management; the owner micromanages everything; they expect you to work extra hours on a daily basis; they show no gratitude or appreciation for anything; constant belittling, degradation and disrespect.

I worked in the corporate office, which was by far the worst experience of my professional career. I thought I could handle the criticisms and yelling because I have "thick skin". The reviews on this page do not do the terrible environment justice, though. Constant belittling, degradation and disrespect leave the company in the constant position of rehiring (four people rotated through the same position within twelve months time. Talk about high turnover!). The company sounds like a good deal when you meet with them (and they are definitely good at selling it), but I would not recommend anyone waste their time with it. It is a terrible environment that is bound to take its toll on anyone.

Hostile environment that isn't worth the good pay

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time

Pros

Everyone, with the exception of the CEO/President, is great to work with. Compensation is generous.

Cons

The President micromanages everything and doesn't let you perform. He is forgetful, irrational, screams at employees. It is a hostile environment.

Let people do the job you have hired them to do.

Their bad reputation within the industry exists for a reason

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The higher compensation and better benefits

Cons

Employees are not treated well here. Corporate office belittles and degrades them. Hourly employees are not allowed to accrue overtime. To avoid getting into trouble for their employees getting even one hour of OT, time cards have been altered by some property managers. This is illegal! Within the company, there is a lot of back stabbing going on, as well. I have never seen anything like it.

Horrible

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time

Pros

The salary and the fact an apartment is included.

Cons

Management by intemidataion. No training of company policies or expectations. You find out if you have done wrong by reprimand. Gossip from Senior Management about corporate office employees. No teamwork. Cut throat. The worst experience of my career in the industry. If your looking for a short term job and want to be beat up......accept a position with this company.

Open up communication. Listen to onsite employees. Training. Ensure that Senior Management is properly supporting the site teams by not simply flying into the site, drinking coffee gossiping and leaving.

Worked for The Finger Companies? Contribute to the Community!