The Finger Companies

Add Photos

Marvy A. Finger

Unique and great experience

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIve worked for finger companies for just about a year as an assistant manager and I've had a great experience. So many opportunities to grow with all the new properties that are being built. Mr.Finger is very generous and will rewards his employees accordingly for their success. Upper management is very accessible and open to ideas. Uniform money is great and compensation is much higher than other companies in the area

ConsNot much training for new employees and there is considerable paperwork for certain things

Enjoy the challenge and the compensation.

Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI have been an employee with the Finger Companies for over four years. I have worked in property management for close to 20 years and have worked for or dealt with pretty much every large management company at some point.

Every company has its strengths and weaknesses and the Finger Companies is no different. Personally I can say that it is a good match for the skill set and work ethic that I possess. I am a strong assistant by any measure and enjoy the fact that every day for me on site is challenge.

The pillars for The Finger Companies are excellence in quality AND service. To lead the industry for as many years as this company has requires not only recruitment of the top talent, but also a constant and ever present high level of accountability. Unlike other companies I have worked for in the past I would caution prospective employees that in this company there is no toleration for complacency. It is hard work but the compensation is commensurate with high level of expectations. I am proud to say that I am one of the highest paid assistant managers in the Greater Houston Area.
    There are more laid back companies out there but the company I work has a solid reputation and allows me to sustain a life style I enjoy.

ConsPlease see the above comments

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see above comments

Demanding but rewarding!

Management (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe Finger Companies pays much higher than industry average in cash compensation as well as benefits. They offer a unique opportunity to learn the ins-n-outs of the property development, ownership and management.

ConsThe Finger Companies is demanding, in a fast-paced environment that requires full attention and extra energy. Sometimes it's hard to put answers in a quick yes/no format which is how Mr Finger likes to hear them. Again it's demanding but well rewarded in cash compensation and benefits.

Advice to Senior Managementperhaps allow for a more free workframe.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love my Job!!

Property Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI truly enjoy my job! The corporate office has always been there to assist me along the way. Mr. Marvy Finger has always been kind and respectful towards me. And he is beyond generous when your doing a great job for him. He has helped me successed through out the years.

ConsI haven't yet experienced a challenge. My job like any other job has its ups and downs but as long as your job is being done, it's greatly appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo at all! Thank you for all the support!!

Worst Professional Experience of My Life

Marketing Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGenerous compensation, Free Coffee and Soda (listed only because the site requires I list five words)

ConsVery hostile environment filled with gossipy - especially by upper management; the owner micromanages everything; they expect you to work extra hours on a daily basis; they show no gratitude or appreciation for anything; constant belittling, degradation and disrespect.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked in the corporate office, which was by far the worst experience of my professional career. I thought I could handle the criticisms and yelling because I have "thick skin". The reviews on this page do not do the terrible environment justice, though. Constant belittling, degradation and disrespect leave the company in the constant position of rehiring (four people rotated through the same position within twelve months time. Talk about high turnover!). The company sounds like a good deal when you meet with them (and they are definitely good at selling it), but I would not recommend anyone waste their time with it. It is a terrible environment that is bound to take its toll on anyone.

Hostile environment that isn't worth the good pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone, with the exception of the CEO/President, is great to work with. Compensation is generous.

ConsThe President micromanages everything and doesn't let you perform. He is forgetful, irrational, screams at employees. It is a hostile environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people do the job you have hired them to do.

Their bad reputation within the industry exists for a reason

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe higher compensation and better benefits

ConsEmployees are not treated well here. Corporate office belittles and degrades them. Hourly employees are not allowed to accrue overtime. To avoid getting into trouble for their employees getting even one hour of OT, time cards have been altered by some property managers. This is illegal! Within the company, there is a lot of back stabbing going on, as well. I have never seen anything like it.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary and the fact an apartment is included.

ConsManagement by intemidataion. No training of company policies or expectations. You find out if you have done wrong by reprimand. Gossip from Senior Management about corporate office employees. No teamwork. Cut throat. The worst experience of my career in the industry. If your looking for a short term job and want to be beat up......accept a position with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up communication. Listen to onsite employees. Training. Ensure that Senior Management is properly supporting the site teams by not simply flying into the site, drinking coffee gossiping and leaving.

Worked for The Finger Companies? Contribute to the Community!