The Finger Companies

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
2.6

Marvy A. Finger

It's not for everyone, but it is definitely for me!

I have been working at The Finger Companies

Pros

Employees are well compensated and benefits are average but not bad. Most properties are the nicest in the area and the company is not afraid to spend money when necessary to stay competitive. There is no structured training, but if you stick it out, you will have a great sense of how to effectively run a business. Uniform allowance is a plus and you get to choose your uniforms (within reason). I have worked for several major management companies and The Finger Companies is by far my favorite. We work hard, but anyone that strives to be successful works hard. When you do something crazy...you will know about it. :-) Current VP of Management is approachable and reasonable. Assistance from corporate employees is usually easy to come by. Mr. Finger has always been available for advice and is responsive to my suggestions.

Cons

If you aren't willing to earn the above average salary you are paid by working extra hours and going the extra mile for your residents, you won't like working for The Finger Companies.

Great company that pays well but does not care about their employees.

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay well and has great benefits.

Cons

Neglectful of employees and lack of respect for them.

If they can learn how to appreciate and value their employees they would not have so much turnover.

Terrible company to work for

I have been working at The Finger Companies

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits and clothing allowance

Cons

Rude and unprofessional corporate office

need to be more respectful to employees

I have been working at The Finger Companies

Pros

With generous pay expecially management positions bring a wrath of weight to bear. The Resisents trained me more than my superiors and the best part of this company I would say is how much gossip that generates on a daily bases.

Cons

Favoritism amongst employees. Do not expect to be trained or familiarized with any aspect that means anything regarding your position. From GM to Bell hop their only goal is to step on anyone to move up in position. Will miss the Coffee machine.

Run your Property with Sincerity. Acknowledge Residents instead of frowning upon them. When u decide to take pride in yourself may the property will too. A title means nothing until you actually be present and take initiative.

Exceptionally Educational

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you will get paid for it. If you work smart you will earn your bonus potential. If you can make it through year one you have a great chance at a successful career.

Cons

Long hours and some weekends are the normal. There is more turnover than usual and it often affects building a solid team.

Management works hard to keep everyone informed on a consistent basis however the style of communication may not be as effective for everyone.

Fantastic....depending on the property you work for.

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My property manager was a Class-A human being to work for. She made sure that everyone knew they needed to work hard, yet we could play too, after the work was done. I would work for her anywhere and can honestly say I had fun working for her. Healthcare & 401k benefits are awesome, as well as vacation & sick days. Fair pay.

Cons

The owner of the company is an ego-maniac that only motivates through fear-tactics & criticism. If he doesn't like you, you're gone. The company also recognizes positive results, but with that comes the critique of "why aren't you ALWAYS like this?" Also, annual raises are pretty minimal & insulting when you've put in some hard work.

I found that the individual management was a dream to work for, yet a nightmare when corporate/owners came into town. Things that were fine regularly were under high-scrutiny when the owner was around, which made everyone not perform as well as they normally would. His being around at all made things operate on an entirely different (not as efficient) level as usual.

Quality corporate infrastructure with top pay and benefits including on site housing cannot compensate for unrealistic performance expectations that infringe on employees' quality of life.

I have been working at The Finger Companies

Pros

Great pay and well maintained properties.

Cons

Larger investment needed both in labor and training. If you plan on working with The Finger Companies be prepared to never be at ease. You will make great pay, but you will be working too much to enjoy your earnings.

With a sophistication that exceeds the rest multifamily market, more training is required to allow even the best talent to meet ownership demands.

Believe what you hear - it's all true.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great on-site teams and regionals.

Cons

Very disappointing work environment. Plan for a lot of yelling.

Not as bad as every one makes it seem

Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits with the company matching your 401K.

Cons

They expect perfection of the employees without clear instruction on what they actually want.

More training for managers

Unique and great experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ive worked for finger companies for just about a year as an assistant manager and I've had a great experience. So many opportunities to grow with all the new properties that are being built. Mr.Finger is very generous and will rewards his employees accordingly for their success. Upper management is very accessible and open to ideas. Uniform money is great and compensation is much higher than other companies in the area

Cons

Not much training for new employees and there is considerable paperwork for certain things