The Finger Companies

Marvy A. Finger

Exceptionally Educational

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you will get paid for it. If you work smart you will earn your bonus potential. If you can make it through year one you have a great chance at a successful career.

Cons

Long hours and some weekends are the normal. There is more turnover than usual and it often affects building a solid team.

Management works hard to keep everyone informed on a consistent basis however the style of communication may not be as effective for everyone.

I have been working at The Finger Companies

Pros

With generous pay expecially management positions bring a wrath of weight to bear. The Resisents trained me more than my superiors and the best part of this company I would say is how much gossip that generates on a daily bases.

Cons

Favoritism amongst employees. Do not expect to be trained or familiarized with any aspect that means anything regarding your position. From GM to Bell hop their only goal is to step on anyone to move up in position. Will miss the Coffee machine.

Run your Property with Sincerity. Acknowledge Residents instead of frowning upon them. When u decide to take pride in yourself may the property will too. A title means nothing until you actually be present and take initiative.

Fantastic....depending on the property you work for.

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My property manager was a Class-A human being to work for. She made sure that everyone knew they needed to work hard, yet we could play too, after the work was done. I would work for her anywhere and can honestly say I had fun working for her. Healthcare & 401k benefits are awesome, as well as vacation & sick days. Fair pay.

Cons

The owner of the company is an ego-maniac that only motivates through fear-tactics & criticism. If he doesn't like you, you're gone. The company also recognizes positive results, but with that comes the critique of "why aren't you ALWAYS like this?" Also, annual raises are pretty minimal & insulting when you've put in some hard work.

I found that the individual management was a dream to work for, yet a nightmare when corporate/owners came into town. Things that were fine regularly were under high-scrutiny when the owner was around, which made everyone not perform as well as they normally would. His being around at all made things operate on an entirely different (not as efficient) level as usual.

Believe what you hear - it's all true.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great on-site teams and regionals.

Cons

Very disappointing work environment. Plan for a lot of yelling.

Not as bad as every one makes it seem

Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits with the company matching your 401K.

Cons

They expect perfection of the employees without clear instruction on what they actually want.

More training for managers

Unique and great experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ive worked for finger companies for just about a year as an assistant manager and I've had a great experience. So many opportunities to grow with all the new properties that are being built. Mr.Finger is very generous and will rewards his employees accordingly for their success. Upper management is very accessible and open to ideas. Uniform money is great and compensation is much higher than other companies in the area

Cons

Not much training for new employees and there is considerable paperwork for certain things

Enjoy the challenge and the compensation.

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been an employee with the Finger Companies for over four years. I have worked in property management for close to 20 years and have worked for or dealt with pretty much every large management company at some point.

Every company has its strengths and weaknesses and the Finger Companies is no different. Personally I can say that it is a good match for the skill set and work ethic that I possess. I am a strong assistant by any measure and enjoy the fact that every day for me on site is challenge.

The pillars for The Finger Companies are excellence in quality AND service. To lead the industry for as many years as this company has requires not only recruitment of the top talent, but also a constant and ever present high level of accountability. Unlike other companies I have worked for in the past I would caution prospective employees that in this company there is no toleration for complacency. It is hard work but the compensation is commensurate with high level of expectations. I am proud to say that I am one of the highest paid assistant managers in the Greater Houston Area.
    There are more laid back companies out there but the company I work has a solid reputation and allows me to sustain a life style I enjoy.

Cons

Please see the above comments

Please see above comments

I love my Job!!

Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I truly enjoy my job! The corporate office has always been there to assist me along the way. Mr. Marvy Finger has always been kind and respectful towards me. And he is beyond generous when your doing a great job for him. He has helped me successed through out the years.

Cons

I haven't yet experienced a challenge. My job like any other job has its ups and downs but as long as your job is being done, it's greatly appreciated.

No at all! Thank you for all the support!!

Worst Professional Experience of My Life

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Generous compensation, Free Coffee and Soda (listed only because the site requires I list five words)

Cons

Very hostile environment filled with gossipy - especially by upper management; the owner micromanages everything; they expect you to work extra hours on a daily basis; they show no gratitude or appreciation for anything; constant belittling, degradation and disrespect.

I worked in the corporate office, which was by far the worst experience of my professional career. I thought I could handle the criticisms and yelling because I have "thick skin". The reviews on this page do not do the terrible environment justice, though. Constant belittling, degradation and disrespect leave the company in the constant position of rehiring (four people rotated through the same position within twelve months time. Talk about high turnover!). The company sounds like a good deal when you meet with them (and they are definitely good at selling it), but I would not recommend anyone waste their time with it. It is a terrible environment that is bound to take its toll on anyone.

Hostile environment that isn't worth the good pay

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time

Pros

Everyone, with the exception of the CEO/President, is great to work with. Compensation is generous.

Cons

The President micromanages everything and doesn't let you perform. He is forgetful, irrational, screams at employees. It is a hostile environment.

Let people do the job you have hired them to do.