The Ford Agency

Updated November 18, 2014
Updated November 18, 2014
3.9

Diana Ford & Barbara Pisarra

One of the best experiences I've had working at an agency!

I have been working at The Ford Agency

Pros

I've had opportunity to work at a few different agencies, all different in their own way, and I couldn't be happier at The Ford Agency. The company's values and mission are exactly what I was looking for and the work is exciting and rewarding!

Cons

Honestly, nothing comes to mind. I feel that my skills and strengths are valued and I am able to bring new ideas to the table that are accepted and encouraged.

Couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Ford Agency full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After graduating from college in May of 2013, I had not even considered leveraging a Staffing agency as a resource in my job search. After sending out endless applications during the months after graduation, I stumbled upon the Ford Agency for help in my search. I started assisting the Recruiters at The Ford Agency as a temporary Administrative Assistant over a year ago. A few weeks after starting, they offered me a permanent opportunity to work alongside The Ford Agency team; I was thrilled! Ever since I started here, I have continued to learn and no day at work is alike. The Ford Agency maintains a strong emphasis on relationships – both with applicants & clients, and this philosophy is on the forefront of every day. I feel extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best in the field and I learn something new every day!

Cons

No immediate concerns or cons come to mind when I think about my work experience at The Ford Agency thus far! Their HR policies & Senior Management allow for open communication, which is great.

I enjoyed working with the professional staff at the Ford Agency.

I have been working at The Ford Agency

Pros

The recruiters will take time to find out what you are looking for in an assignment. They do a good job selling you to prospective employers.

Cons

Their cut seems excessive - over 50% of the entire compensation allotted to the position. Communication can be sparse at time.

Explaining better the value-add you are providing to your temporary associates would be smart. This would allow for more transparency in compensation discussions.

Nov 19, 2014Director of Client Services

We appreciate your feedback and advice and would be interested to hear more about your thoughts on how we can improve both the explanation of value-add and transparency around compensation. We know ... More

The only agency I'll ever work for!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Ford Agency full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ford is a great place to work! I work with a terrific team of people who love what they do and take pride in their work. The work life balance is terrific! We have as much fun as we do success. When people come to visit the office I think they can tell that we love what we do. I have never worked in another agency but I get the feeling that we are a lot different. I don't know if I could survive in place that focuses only on cold calls and goals and not on the people (staff and clients).

Cons

Nothing is perfect, but Ford comes pretty close. I have had my growing pains as an employee but have always come out on top.

I think the Ford Agency is the best

Current Employee - Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant

I have been working at The Ford Agency full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They call me when there are positions open that fit my criteria. They never waste my time by calling with jobs they know I won't be interested in.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities but that is our economy right now.

Nov 19, 2014Director of Client Services

Thanks for the kind words! We wish there were more opportunities too, but do think the market is getting better. Thanks again!

Interviewed by The Ford Agency

Former Employee - Temping Opportunity in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Temping Opportunity in Washington, DC

I worked at The Ford Agency part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got excited when I got a call from the recruiter, but they were interested in me working on mostly temporary assignment.

Cons

They are so judgemental in grilling you and your resume, and they are not really interested in helping you, but helping themselves.

Try to care for the people who have skills and they are between jobs. Some of them are quiet good, with a lot of different skills to offer, they dont have to be lied.

Nov 18, 2014Director of Client Services

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Being in between jobs is a difficult and emotional time for many people. Temporary work can be a great way to keep busy, meet new people, learn ... More

Problems with communication

I worked at The Ford Agency (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly

Cons

Unfortunately, I realized that while they were all very nice, they were blowing smoke the whole time. I know that the job market isn't great, and I appreciated the opportunity they got me, the situation was handled extremely unprofessionally. I got a temp-to-hire job where I was promised over and over again that I would definitely get the permanent position. I had appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery to remove it. I notified the agency and my direct employer. The agency kept in contact and asked me when I could return. I said two days after the surgery. They called back the night before I was supposed to go back and said to wait until Monday. On Friday, they called and said maybe the week after that but they would keep in touch.

That was the last I heard from them.

Nov 18, 2014Director of Client Services

We are so sorry that you had this experience. It is always very unfortunate when temporary to hire positions do not work out. Unfortunately it does happen and often it is out of our control. However ... More

Great!

Former Employee - Temporary Candidate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Temporary Candidate in Washington, DC

I worked at The Ford Agency

Pros

Great place to work while looking for permanent employment. They are very flexible about allowing you time off for any job interviews or things like that.

Cons

Hourly pay was not as high as other temporary agencies. Most of the jobs are pretty much the same, and are not always very exciting.

I enjoyed my time with the Ford Agency, and appreciate everything they did for me during my job search. I would recommend it to anyone looking for temporary employment.