The Ford Agency

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
3.9

Diana Ford & Barbara Pisarra

The only agency I'll ever work for!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Ford Agency full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ford is a great place to work! I work with a terrific team of people who love what they do and take pride in their work. The work life balance is terrific! We have as much fun as we do success. When people come to visit the office I think they can tell that we love what we do. I have never worked in another agency but I get the feeling that we are a lot different. I don't know if I could survive in place that focuses only on cold calls and goals and not on the people (staff and clients).

Cons

Nothing is perfect, but Ford comes pretty close. I have had my growing pains as an employee but have always come out on top.

I think the Ford Agency is the best

Current Employee - Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant

I have been working at The Ford Agency full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They call me when there are positions open that fit my criteria. They never waste my time by calling with jobs they know I won't be interested in.

Cons

I wish there were more opportunities but that is our economy right now.

Interviewed by The Ford Agency

Former Employee - Temping Opportunity in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Temping Opportunity in Washington, DC

I worked at The Ford Agency part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got excited when I got a call from the recruiter, but they were interested in me working on mostly temporary assignment.

Cons

They are so judgemental in grilling you and your resume, and they are not really interested in helping you, but helping themselves.

Try to care for the people who have skills and they are between jobs. Some of them are quiet good, with a lot of different skills to offer, they dont have to be lied.

Problems with communication

I worked at The Ford Agency (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly

Cons

Unfortunately, I realized that while they were all very nice, they were blowing smoke the whole time. I know that the job market isn't great, and I appreciated the opportunity they got me, the situation was handled extremely unprofessionally. I got a temp-to-hire job where I was promised over and over again that I would definitely get the permanent position. I had appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery to remove it. I notified the agency and my direct employer. The agency kept in contact and asked me when I could return. I said two days after the surgery. They called back the night before I was supposed to go back and said to wait until Monday. On Friday, they called and said maybe the week after that but they would keep in touch.

That was the last I heard from them.

Great!

Former Employee - Temporary Candidate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Temporary Candidate in Washington, DC

I worked at The Ford Agency

Pros

Great place to work while looking for permanent employment. They are very flexible about allowing you time off for any job interviews or things like that.

Cons

Hourly pay was not as high as other temporary agencies. Most of the jobs are pretty much the same, and are not always very exciting.

I enjoyed my time with the Ford Agency, and appreciate everything they did for me during my job search. I would recommend it to anyone looking for temporary employment.