The Forum Group

www.forumgrp.com

The Forum Group Reviews in New York, NY

Updated Jul 13, 2014
The Forum Group – New York – “Reception Area”

Frank Fusaro

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company if you're serious about what you do and can do

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsForum is a well-known staffing firm with a great reputation that opens doors. Counselors are expected to work hard, maintain company's high standards of performance and ethics. No one is micro-managed but performance is monitored and support given when change is needed. Results are rewarded.

ConsNothing I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay on top of technology needed to succeed in competitive market; more internal communication of successes for cross-selling opportunities; continue and grow training programs

Temporary Hell

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis is one of the worst staffing agencies that I have worked with in 20 years of being in HR. Completely inept in all ways.

ConsMy experience with this company has been beyond maddening. The individuals that I dealt with should not be in business, the should be behind bars. They stole my companies money. My CEO is threatening a law suit against them because they are so unethical. We're a big company and we will fight them to make this right. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to business school. Cheats and liars.

Talk behind your back "Over the Hill Gang"

Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI kept feeling like something good would come out of this experience. I wasted a year and made no money with a group of very unhappy people.

ConsIt's true what others say. This is a group of older people that are not up to speed with the current trends, employment standards, industry experience. It's basically a group of used cars people dressed as "staffing consultants". I saw MANY unethical practices being done while I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel that the owners have been given advice for decades and don't care as long as they get green in their pockets, that's all this company is about.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shady.

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis shady staffing agency is full of people that are unethical to the core.

ConsI was promised a stable position at the Account Executive level. Everyone in this company is full of BS. BS, BS. It's really gross to that nobody cares about each other. Everyone is unhappy and wants to leave. This is a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep lining your pockets with greed

From a client perspective

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI felt the need to alert other companies to the practices that The Forum Group is practicing in. We have been put into a deep financial strain because of The Forum Group. They have claimed to have experts in their fields, THEY DONT.

ConsI had two of their sales people in the advertising group selling me on planners. As it turns out, these individuals LIED on their resumes at the advice of Forum Group employees. DO NOT hire this company. It's ethics are horrible. Trying to straighten this out has been met with disgusting behavior from the mgmt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out of business.

6 years of dishonesty

New Business (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was forced to take care of myself. Made be better in business because nobody would teach me a thing.

ConsEveryone lies behind everyone's back on a consistent basis. I thought it was okay, part of how a company works. I then realized how it was negatively impacting my own personal life. Unhealthy leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have no intention of changing. I was in the belly for 6 years. 6 years I can't get back.

Run Run Run

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosevery few month many people leave and are hired.

Consunethical unethical.
    this is a very odd place of business
    unethical

Advice to Senior Managementgood luck

I was frowned upon due to having really industry experience

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNot so much. Seriously. Not so much

Consits all sales. The recruiters do not have experience in their industry ie: actually worked at a big four accounting firm or technology company.

Advice to Senior Managementthey have been here too long

BAD temporary service.

Secretary (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTotal disorganized group of sales people that could care less about my career

ConsI was sent on two jobs where both of the interviewers did not know I was coming. The recruiter did not let them know twice! twice. I went on a temp role, it was not available. Don't go to this place of ding dings.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I would never want them to be my managers.

Not Good.

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAfter 3 months of working here I figured out how poorly a company can be run.

ConsNothing. This is a used car sales company to the max. I mean it's so super sales but no substance. If your in your 60' this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone Goodbye

Worked for The Forum Group? Contribute to the Community!