The Fountain Group
www.thefountaingroup.com Tampa, FL 500 to 999 Employees

The Fountain Group Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

Hunter Cone

It was fine except that they called to tell me my contract was terminated after I had already left for the day

Document Review Specialist (Former Employee)
Fort Washington, PA

I worked at The Fountain Group as a contractor for more than a year

ProsAble to always communicate with them

ConsThey did not allow me to retrieve my belongings when my contract was prematurely ended

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to retrieve belongings when contracts end

Save Yourself the Trouble - Stay Away From These People

Department Lead (Former Employee)

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time for less than a year

ProsApparently they pay fairly well for recruiters.

ConsComplete lack of structure, respect and any standard operating policies. No real HR dept to speak of, and plenty of under-qualified associates running departments. Aggressive /arrogant executive who rules with lies, manipulation and fear, rather than earning trust and respect through showing compassion, appreciation and honesty. Owners seem nice on the surface, but look the other way when issues "get real".

Way too many lies and skeletons in their closet. I was there for a week when I realized that anyone with any type of morals/integrity would run screaming form this place. Each of the employees I met with said the same. The worst part is that they feel that it's easier to get rid of the employees mentioning (trying to help) the problem rather than the one who is causing them. Until the cancer is treated, things will not improve. Very sad.

They will say whatever they have to in order to get in you in the door, but don't trust them for a second.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the reviews below. As you know, they are valid. Make some changes or lose all your talent...

No Benefits

I have been working at The Fountain Group

ProsIf there are pros, no one has shared them with me.

ConsNo Benefits. All of the staffing companies that I have worked for offer some type of benefits. Please read their contracts carefully before signing. It is not a win-win situation.

The Fountain Group is a great place to start your career. Bonus: it pays better than any recruiting firm in Tampa!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe Pay. If you are a recruiter, there is no better place to work in Tampa if you like money. Their bonus structure is very aggressive and multiple people have obtained it. It isn't just a pipe dream. If you want to put in the work it will be a very positive experience. If you are a clock watcher, probably want to work elsewhere.

ConsSome of the shifts they have available are a little late.( i.e 10-6pm, 11-7pm)...but hey you can get your work out in in the morning.
Management is known to make a change without explaining why. People don't mind change, would just be nice to hear the reason behind said change once in a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a Change Manager, it could go a long way towards implementing effective change strategies.

Great Company to Work For

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company culture that emphasized employee development and opportunities; Management is very understanding about keeping the work/life balance; Excellent pay.

ConsLack of communication at times

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to listen to your employees

2014 Looks like a good year here

Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe environment is pretty upbeat this year about some of the new things we are going to be doing. Taking some creative approaches to assisting our clients. I have friends in the industry at other companies and we seem to have an edge on their firms. It does give me some satisfaction to be part of it.

ConsI really wish there was a management role that I could go into sooner than later. I like my job but feel I could manage people and make that transition.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some professional training or seminars on management and leadership

Terrible experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Fountain Group

ProsQuick interview process and good money

ConsHire fast, fire fast mentality. No benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange approach to hiring and training

This company will work hard for you if you will work hard for them.

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have been with TFG for 4.5 years and I have seen many changes and policies including a mass raise for recruiters, the implementation of PTO and a formal bonus structure for recruiters that is very generous and is achievable in a reasonable amount of time with hard work. The training program is constantly evolving and is orders of magnitude better than where it was even two years ago. Base pay is above the regional norm for recruiters. The commission structure is decent considering the kind of work we do, this is not full desk recruiting. TFG rewards those who work hard. Company and Industry focus is on numbers, be it calls, submissions, interviews or hires. This company is a place where if you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded. If you are not then you should not be here.

ConsNo contribution to health insurance, access to a few (expensive) plans is provided. PTO does not kick in for a year. There are no retirement benefits, and no option to make a pre-tax contribution to an outside retirement plan. For newbies there seems to be an excessive focus on calls and submissions without a correlating emphasis that these will make interviews and hires happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate changes with employees! Most of us talk for a living and without facts we will speculate, gossip, and draw our own conclusions about apparently arbitrary policy changes. Trust that your employees have brains and can use them.

Completely unprofessional, by far the worse company I have ever worked for.

Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThe only pro was it was close to my house. from day one there has been nothing but CONS.

ConsYou dont get benefits til after a year or PTO.
When in training the correct expectations were not set or given to do your job correctly.
If the trainer was out for the day, training was cancelled, you had to go home, and you didnt get paid for that day.
We were never introduced to the entire office or at least management, so we knew who were account managers and other teammate that we would be working with once on the floor out of training.
And they fire people for speaking professionally about their concern about making us leave if there is no trainer in for the day.
They dont tell you hours before hand, and expect you to just do whatever hours they want you to.

Overall it is just a very unorganized company who caters to friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a stop to all the smoke breaks, and unorganized training you guys give. And when the new guys come in, introduce yourself.

Making alot of positive changes

Operations Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWe have recently started alot of programs to help us educate and improve our process and knowledge of the industry, clients and general tools for daily success. Seems to be a shift from just numbers numbers numbers to setting a better foundation to build on. I am happy to see that change.

ConsThe process is moving a little slower than I would like to see. It seems challenging to get everyone on the same page.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly bring in a professional consulting group to help with Business Process changes. This might speed things up and make things even more effective.

Worked for The Fountain Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Fountain Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Fountain Group CEO Hunter Cone. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by The Fountain Group employees.