The Fox Theatre - Atlanta

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sales & Marketing Intern

Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Intimate office atmosphere
    -Diverse clientele
    -Wonderful way to get to know the city of Atlanta

Cons-Pay
    -Would have enjoyed more hands-on experience

Split Decision

Event Staff (Former Employee)

ProsReally good front of house managers.

ConsLow pay, declining level of show quality so less hours available to work

Fantastic with limitations

ProsAmazing people and staff. World class historic theatre that books the best talent.

ConsLimited raises and inadequate compensation. Executives do not care about employee morale. No room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentivize us. Show us you care about us. We are constantly beat up by patrons but never told, "good job" or "thank you."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is an amazing place to work with great employees.

Tour Guide (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsYou learn a lot about Customer Service, you get to take different workshops and classes, and managers work with you and have your best interest at heart. You meet a lot of new people and it is a great environment to work in. You learn a lot about the history and it is a magnificent place with an enchanting history and mesmerizing scenery. This place is one of a kind! Working here never gets boring! This place exposes you to many different cultures its like a museum. They have events and socials for employees as well.

ConsYou probably won't get as many hours as you would like for certain jobs. Parking can be a pain in the downtown/midtown area.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement crew is amazing!

It has its perks but, not really work it!

Ticket Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe Fox Theatre is a really great place to work if you are looking for a job that allows you to have flexible hours. Sometimes you run into famous people. But you cant speak to them.

ConsYou can work can literally work between 0-35 hours. If it is your main source of income, having 5 hours for a week can really set you back a lot. This is a ass kissing environment so, if your not good at it, you will not make it. No opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake rules, do not be afraid to enforce the rules....Your the boss, it's your job!

Fox Theatre Atlanta

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHistory, City Pride, great lower level staff, many opportunities to learn, Employees care about their jobs, the building, thier coworkers.

ConsManagement turns a blind eye to lower level employees. they are happy to promote you without proper compensation. they take thier employees for granted. the pay gap is very large. they seriously underpay the housekeeping staff hired through Allied. The 5 top paid people make between $90,000 and $250,000 with their bonus. Housekeeping makes just over minimum wage. Worker's with extreme longevity and a knowledge base that is not replicable are paid very little for thier time and are questioned about thier job performance constantly

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and look at all levels of your employees, show them you care instead of just putting in the minimum effort. most of this staff loves the Fox and what they do there, they would be happy to show you and talk to you about it if you would simply go speak to them. Sometimes the direct manager is not the best person to talk to about thier job satisfaction, the "HR" manager has too many other jobs, is dismissive, and is good friends with the other managers. the GM is inaccessable and says he cares while doing nothing. the assistant gm refuses to acknowledge the problem.

Worked for The Fox Theatre - Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!