The Fragrance Outlet Reviews

Dennis Adomaitis

1. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Fragrance Outlet (More than a year)

Pros

smell good ALL the time, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Low hours, no room for advancement past key holder, no health insurance or 401k

Advice to Management

When your employees feel like something is "off" about another employee, don't just brush off the comment, search to find out what the real reason is.

Store Manager

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet full-time

Pros

Easy labor job, receive shipment once a week, fun staff.

Cons

Senior management was very gossipy, they would make horrible comments, way too sales focused the pressure they would put on you to make your sales quote was ridiculous! Especially because they would never run any sales, yet they would have sales advertised? All the false advertising would make customers extremely unhappy!

Advice to Management

Run a sale here and there to help business, and provide benefits and good pay, maybe that will also help keep quality employees!

Assistant Store Manager

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet full-time

Pros

They have benefits and they do some type of commission

Cons

They take advantage of their best workers , store manager and district managers are lazy , they don't appreciate anything or anyone . it's about who they like not about the actual work that you do.

Advice to Management

Change management

5. An OK place to work as a manager or else

Former Employee - Store Manager in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Woodbridge, VA

Pros

There aren't many pros, except for the chance of my first job with benefits in the US and the initial support from the DM

Cons

At the time they had totally obsolete POS, it made the job really harder, the manager I trained with another manager who had OCD and made spend hours stamping..., the lack of computers to help our work, the reduction of benefits for me or my assistants and lack of support from higher management

Advice to Management

Allow a Manager to be a manager, that means, make decisions.

6. Typical sales job, store management needs a serious look.

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job to start at if looking to get in sales. Company has some good goals that they are working towards.

Cons

While the upper management had an excellent feedback and created a positive work environment, the store managers need a serious review. I would watch my store manager spend hours on the phone with relatives and gossiping with other fragrance outlet store managers. Store manager was extremely unprofessional in certain situations. Example: district manager would call to make immediate sales promotion changes (as expected in any sales environment), and store manager would cry (actually cry) and throw a temper tantrum after hanging up. Store manager did not promote change or new ideas. Store manager would become upset if associates had "better numbers" than the store manager. Store manager promoted gossiping about associates while they were not working, which eventually lead to a hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Please please please review your store managers. While some may have been with the company for 10+ years, they may not be a good fit anymore. They are causing excellent employees to leave the company. I would have gladly kept working there as I really enjoyed the job and become a top premier seller quickly, however the treatment from the store manager was unprofessional and unacceptable.

Unhealthy

Pros

Unable to offer any pros.

Cons

Unhealthy environment, completely inconsistent, lack of true concern for its employees other than executive management.

Advice to Management

Change executive team

8. Challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling.

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Fragrance Outlet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The leaders of the company genuinely care about each and every one of their associates. If you work hard for them, they will give it right back to you with gratitude and compensation. If you prove to be of an asset to the company they will invest their time and energy into assigning you a mentor and developing you to grow and be a success with the company,

Cons

In order to become a stronger leader you will grow from any challenge. You may have to sacrifice personal time to lead as a team player, and be successful.

Good at first went downhill as the years went on.

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers were always a great part of this company.

Cons

No work and personal life balance Catch 22 goals No opportunities for advancement

Advice to Management

Set your goals to the area

Can't trust them...

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Discount co workers are amazing

Cons

Promises aren't kept by corporate office will replace you if you have any valid complaint don't pay market rate for managers Can't trust anyone district manager and higher Force you to sell knock offs as "premiers" The second your sales slip they replace you they are sneaky, will have a replacement for you before they fire you. you walk out after being fired and the new manager walks in a few minutes later, I was the new manager..

Advice to Management

Allow employees to speak freely about their concerns without fear of being reprimanded. Treat store managers with respect, and pay what they are worth.

11. Great

Former Employee - Key Holder in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at The Fragrance Outlet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy Commission Laid back Easy Easy Easy Anyone can do the job

Cons

Not the greatest hours Anyone can do the job

RSS Feed </> Embed