The Frantz Group
www.thefrantzgroup.com Grafton, WI 16 to 50 Employees

The Frantz Group Reviews

John Frantz

Great place to work, nice people

Employee (Current Employee)
    Grafton, WI

ProsI’ve been an employee of Frantz Group for a couple of years now and have to say that my experience with the company is quite different from some of the other reviews I’ve seen here. I think any employment experience is what you make it, but have to say that with this company mine has overall been pretty good.
    Frantz Group is a small company, which can have its drawbacks as well as its benefits. You seem to be able to get good face time with the managers, and even the President which is pretty cool and not situation I’ve experienced at other places I’ve worked. Most of the employees work on teams and everyone from the folks on my team to upper management is pretty helpful when it comes to learning new projects. There can be a lot to learn, most of it was things I wasn’t familiar with – but there is a lot of support to help figure it all out. Another thing I’ve found helpful is that if my manager isn’t around to ask a question to – I can usually find another one that is willing to help out. Most of the managers have started at the entry level – so they understand where I’m coming from and I think that is why everyone is so willing to help each other out. Though it’s limited due to the size of the company, I think there is opportunity to grow. If you put in the effort, it’s definitely recognized, which is nice to see in such a busy place. The environment is fun, its face paced but that makes the day go by quicker - Overall, I enjoy working in the team settings that we have and have had a lot of chances to learn about new technologies. I’m pretty glad I found this place when I did, it seems like a pretty good spot to be and someplace I’d like to stay for a while.

ConsThe company is small and the management is pretty busy, which means that meetings seem to get cancelled or moved around a lot, which can be frustrating at times.
    The office itself is a little boring and dated, could use some sprucing up to be more current, more modern, less stuffy.
    This job is in a call center, which at times can get a little repetitive and boring – but it is what you make it, and the people there definitely help make it more fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementI get to see my regular manager quite a bit, but really don’t get to see much of senior/upper management. I think because they are so busy. I’d like it if they interacted with the rest of us a little more, and were a little more visible.

Worst Company to work for in America!

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)
    Grafton, WI

ProsI'd agree with the other posters, it's nice to take breaks when you see fit, not when someone tells you that it's your break time. I come from retail so I am used to being "told" when to go on break, even when I'm not ready for it at a certain time. This is a Monday thru Friday schedule with no nights or weekends which is a plus if you are used to retail hours, yet this is the normal schedule for anyone working in an office environment.

ConsManagement is backstabbing. One day you are doing just fine and the next day you "need improvement". Really? The company hires everyone at a "level 1" which is their version of an entry level position, so everyone starts at the same place, yet, not everyone is paid the same. How does it make sense or is it fair for one person to start off at $13 an hour and another person at $16 an hour for the same job?! Well that's easy, Frantz Group will pay what they think you are "worth". I found this out talking to a co-worker who clearly was not happy with the company and flat out told me how much they were being paid an hour, all while I was being paid more than them and they clearly had more experience than me. People are laid off randomly for no reason at all and then told some BS story about how they lack the "skills" Frantz Group is looking for, yet nobody can say exactly what these "skills" are! This is a wannabe call center as everyone just does outbound calls to different businesses that Frantz is contracted with. IBM and JP Morgan to name a few. Our job is to call these businesses as if we are calling FROM IBM or JP Morgan which to me is very dishonest. Last year we were told that suddenly JP Morgan "needs" everyone's fingerprints who is to work on the JP Morgan campaign. Everyone was sent to the local police department to be fingerprinted and supposedly "sent" to JP Morgan in New York where you will have NO Idea what is done with your fingerprints after they are sent off somewhere! We do not work with any money or financial information. We do not work with any personal information at all! The only thing we have is a list of companies who JP Morgan sends us who could "potentially" use JP Morgan credit card processing services, the companies on this list are not even customers of JP Morgan! Our job is to "sell" the JP Morgan services to these potential customers and then walk them through accepting the service in a generic email we send to them. The whole process is very shady and I totally understand why so many people are so suspicious of me when I call them! I absolutely hate doing it but it's the job! You will be on the phone constantly 8 hours per day with only your unpaid 30 minute lunch break and a couple times if you go to the restroom to actually get out of your chair and walk around! It's horrible! This company is an extremely shady company to work for and you never really are explained the purpose of your calls to these companies, you are only trained "how to make phone calls" and "what to say"! One of the last reviewers was 100% correct when they said that this is a job you take when you are out of work and you just need "a job" to get you by until you find something better! It beats retail but you will work in a miserable environment with a bunch of deadbeats who could very obviously not find another job elsewhere. The only employees who stay long term are the lazy who have no desire to do better for themselves. The BEST thing that could happen to you if you work here is being laid off because they will lay you off for about 30 days and tell you that "they don't have enough work for you" but they will call you when they do, then they never call you and finally a month later, they will contact you and tell you that they are terminating your employment because they don't have enough work! Yet you find out that they are constantly hiring new employees. So how can you terminate someone and tell them there's "no work" but hire a new employee a week later? That's because they know that you already found out what a horrible company they are!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your current employees better and quit lying to people when you lay them off. You never know when it will come back to bite you in the back end!!

Horrible Company to Work For!!

Business Development Representative (Current Employee)

ProsDecent amount of breaks
    Can take your breaks pretty much whenever you want

ConsLow pay. $15 an hour. really? Nobody can live on that sad wage!
    Company gets rid of employees for no reason whatsoever. One day they are here, next day they are gone. Very shady company!
    company is not honest about lay offs and seem to do so for no reason.
    people are also promoted for no reason.
    People like to gossip and talk about others. It is like being in high school again.
    Bathrooms are disgusting. There are people who somehow leave poop on the walls and there are also bugs crawling around the bathrooms. The bathrooms always smell horrible.
    There is absolutely no room for advancement as the only management positions are taken by people who have been with the company for many years and are friends with other managers.
    There is a huge amount of favortism. You are only promoted to a "level 2 ambasador" if you are friends with management and know how to suck up!
    This is a job that most people seem to take because they cant find work anywhere else. Most leave as soon as something better comes along.

Advice to Senior ManagementShut the doors on Frantz Group because its obvious that Frantz Group is going nowhere, fast. 9 out of 10 employees are miserable here and the only employees who actually like their job are the old people 50+ year olds who just work this pathetic job to get out of the house! Learn how to run a company and retain employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An okay place to work

Senior Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Grafton, WI

ProsDepending on who you work with, this can be an okay place. Some of the managers are very intelligent and plugged-in to their employees. They are pretty good about being flexible with schedules and time off when needed. They pay is decent for what the job is. They try to make the work culture fun with potlucks, holiday parties, etc. There's a good mix of older and younger employees.

ConsThere is an incredible amount of favoritism and back-stabbing, more than I've ever seen at any job. People are promoted for no apparent reason, without anyone else having a chance to apply for the position. There are a lot of cliques and it reminds me a little of high school. Depending on who you work with, it can be extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more cognizant of recognizing your employees. It seems as though only people who are friends with the managers ever get promoted. Try to recognize the work that everyone does, not just those who you are friends with.

Glorified Call Center with Limited Growth

Business Development Representative (Former Employee)
    Grafton, WI

Pros-Pays on time
    -Flexible to a certain degree with asking off work/ making flexible hours
    -Good mix of younger people working there

Cons-Limited opportunity to move up and perform different tasks
    -No culture (Leadership doesn't care to get to know you and other employees are in their own little clique)
    -Leadership is too client focused, and shows little respect for the person putting the time to make 60-80 calls a day.
    -Overall it becomes a more difficult place to work everyday with more of the same boring work
    **Before hired ask how often people leave or get laid off from the job.**

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a more active role in getting to know your employees and give them more variety of work. Needs huge improvement to the overall culture and respecting the overall value of an employee. Needs improvement on the revolving door for new hires and performing exit interviews of why people leave/ are asked to leave.

Fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall Company with friendly atmosphere
    Able to learn a lot about technology
    Opportunity to talk on the phone a lot
    Fun, supportive team environment
    Contacts are intelligent, deal with technology people and not consumers

ConsNot enough parking spaces
    Lack of variety in vending machines
    Needs re-decorating
    Politics

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has been a while since I have worked here. Looking back it was a fun and educational experience. I am mostly doing this review so that I can have access to this site.

Worked for The Frantz Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Frantz Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Frantz Group CEO John Frantz. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by The Frantz Group employees.