The Fresh Market

Craig Carlock

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fresh Market

Indianapolis, IN

ProsThere is a good sense of "family" in the store -- in most cases people are more than willing to help out fellow employees when they see a need.

ConsThe hourly pay is less than what local competitors pay for the same positions. Extremely high expectations make for a stressful work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut people some slack -- everyone cannot be Superman every day. And either hire enough workers or don't complain about overtime -- you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Just plain awful

Candy/Coffee Specialist (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsNice aesthetics, pleasant customers (mostly), paid vacation, discount.

ConsVery low pay grade. I run 2 departments and make about $10.82 hourly. The management are both incompetent and unprofessional. One likes to make up customer complaints about other employees to get them fired. HR ignores the concerns of employees, and complaints are read by everyone involved. Always, always understaffed for the 2 years I have been there. But you can't get overtime, they just make you work harder. Intense favoritism, and management likes to gossip about people who get fired and turn other employees against each other. You may get a raise every year, but when you do its about 20 cents. So low its insulting. I hate it and am looking for new employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat employees with respect, hire enough people, maintain a professional attitude, and burn in hell.

Worked for The Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!

The Fresh Market Videos

The Fresh Market – Why Work for Us?

The Fresh Market was founded in 1982 with one simple goal in mind: to bring friends, family and neighbors high-quality products in a warm and friendly, old-world European atmosphere. Today, we continue to serve our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Fresh Market reviews and ratings in Indianapolis, IN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Fresh Market CEO Craig Carlock. All reviews posted anonymously by The Fresh Market employees.