The Gap

Updated Feb 21, 2014

The Gap Chairman and CEO Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I had a pretty good experience there although it was hard to move up…

Customer Experience Expert (Former Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsManagement pretty much listened to what you wanted and tried to help you get to where you wanted to be career wise… the environment was always a great one to work in, aside from the difficult customer here or there. Discount was awesome!

ConsUpper management/corporate was all over the place, never gave clear direction to store managers. Impossible to move up unless you know someone. That's why I left…

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of what the career goals are of your store management teams! There is only so much they can do to push their careers forward if they don't know how to!

okay

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGreat discount and good benefits.
    Average pay for the industry, not too high, not too low.
    I can go to work in jeans

ConsContinually changing messaging from upper management/HQ.

It is very hard to stay motivated and productive when your job roles and responsibilities are being changed every 2 months. We literally have to uproot all of our best practices and store systems every few months because of a "restructuring" or "new company direction and priorities."

Advice to Senior ManagementThe addition of Art Peck as the new president of the Gap division of Gap Inc. seems to have brought some stability back to the brand. I truly hope that under the new store leadership Gap will take more market share and come back to its former status as a major player in retail.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap reviews and ratings in Mission Viejo, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Gap CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees.