The Gap Reviews in Mission Viejo, CA

3.5
1,659 Reviews

The Gap Chairman and CEO Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • Gap has an extensive training program and meets everyone's work-life balance well (in 89 reviews)

• Good pay compared to other retail companies, along with good employee discount (in 176 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work/life balance then this could be the worst place to work (in 44 reviews)

• Constant pressure to aggravate guests with credit cards (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I had a pretty good experience there although it was hard to move up…

Former Employee - Customer Experience Expert in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Expert in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at The Gap part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management pretty much listened to what you wanted and tried to help you get to where you wanted to be career wise… the environment was always a great one to work in, aside from the difficult customer here or there. Discount was awesome!

Cons

Upper management/corporate was all over the place, never gave clear direction to store managers. Impossible to move up unless you know someone. That's why I left…

Be aware of what the career goals are of your store management teams! There is only so much they can do to push their careers forward if they don't know how to!

okay

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mission Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mission Viejo, CA

I have been working at The Gap

Pros

Great discount and good benefits.
    Average pay for the industry, not too high, not too low.
    I can go to work in jeans

Cons

Continually changing messaging from upper management/HQ.

It is very hard to stay motivated and productive when your job roles and responsibilities are being changed every 2 months. We literally have to uproot all of our best practices and store systems every few months because of a "restructuring" or "new company direction and priorities."

The addition of Art Peck as the new president of the Gap division of Gap Inc. seems to have brought some stability back to the brand. I truly hope that under the new store leadership Gap will take more market share and come back to its former status as a major player in retail.