The Gap

3.5
1,756 Reviews

The Gap Chairman and CEO Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • Flexible schedule provides a good work life balance, company is very involved with the community (in 90 reviews)

• Good pay compared to other retail companies, along with good employee discount (in 179 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work/life balance then this could be the worst place to work (in 45 reviews)

• Constant pressure to aggravate guests with credit cards (in 102 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great first-job experience for me, the environment was lively and management was ok.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at The Gap part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture at this location was lively, we were usually pretty busy but I never felt short-staffed. As my first job in high school, it made me feel good about working hard to meet a standard and learning about the importance of money!

Cons

I've heard people complaining about not getting enough hours each week, but as a student, it actually worked out better for me..

Definitely something to try out. I learned that I am a pretty good salesman from working here.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at The Gap

Pros

Great coworkers. You will be recognized if you work hard. They will praise you during work so all the coworkers know who you are. Managers will know YOU if you do a great job. Fast paced and you have to be able to think on your feet.

Cons

Some customers. Customers think you are dumber than them. You must know how to keep your cool in many situations.

Tell us how to get jobs in corporate. Communicate with corporate better so we do not feel lost in our store.

ok place to work, bad location for promotion

I worked at The Gap

Pros

the company does offer a great discount

Cons

management not very productive, and its very hard to get a promotion after getting recognition from customers.

give everyone a fair chance at getting a promotion, not just by picking favorites.