The Gap

www.gap.com

The Gap Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

The Gap Chairman and CEO Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • Gap has an extensive training program and meets everyone's work-life balance well (in 82 reviews)

• Good pay compared to other retail companies, along with good employee discount (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work/life balance then this could be the worst place to work (in 39 reviews)

• Constant pressure to aggravate guests with credit cards (in 87 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great first-job experience for me, the environment was lively and management was ok.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe culture at this location was lively, we were usually pretty busy but I never felt short-staffed. As my first job in high school, it made me feel good about working hard to meet a standard and learning about the importance of money!

ConsI've heard people complaining about not getting enough hours each week, but as a student, it actually worked out better for me..

Definitely something to try out. I learned that I am a pretty good salesman from working here.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat coworkers. You will be recognized if you work hard. They will praise you during work so all the coworkers know who you are. Managers will know YOU if you do a great job. Fast paced and you have to be able to think on your feet.

ConsSome customers. Customers think you are dumber than them. You must know how to keep your cool in many situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell us how to get jobs in corporate. Communicate with corporate better so we do not feel lost in our store.

ok place to work, bad location for promotion

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

Prosthe company does offer a great discount

Consmanagement not very productive, and its very hard to get a promotion after getting recognition from customers.

Advice to Senior Managementgive everyone a fair chance at getting a promotion, not just by picking favorites.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!