The Garrigan Lyman Group Reviews

Producer

Former Employee - Web Producer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Web Producer in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Garrigan Lyman Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people. I had one of the best managers I have ever had while working in their Studio Department.

Cons

Roles are a little silo'd for my taste, but I do come from the startup and independent contractor world.

Talented and Warm People

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time

Pros

As a relatively new employee, I have found the staff very welcoming and helpful. The on-boarding process was outstanding and everything was ready for me on my first day...desk, IT, etc. Management encourages new ideas and allows the latitude to implement them.
    Talented and professional staff, great location, great clients!

Cons

Street performer plays amplified Reggae music outside my window every day! I like Marley, but.....

Wonderful people, exciting work and a great company culture!

Current Employee - Search Strategist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Search Strategist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

So far my experience with GLG has been very positive. Some highlights:
    - The work is varied and exciting with plenty of opportunities to learn and challenge yourself.
    - The office has a great atmosphere and energy and provides beverages and snacks of all kinds.
    - The agency is focused on retaining their employees for the long-term, and pay and benefits are reflective of this
    - While I immediately dove into my work I had extensive meetings with people from the various departments allowing me to glean insight into my coworkers and the company processes.
    - The people are incredibly smart and interesting and creative input is fostered. Best of all, everyone is very nice, welcoming and supportive

Cons

Periodically you can hear the guy playing reggae (poorly) in front of Nordstrom and the air conditioning has been known to get a little janky.

The lobby could really use a pinball machine.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Garrigan Lyman gets 5 stars for being an employer who takes care of the employees and makes consistent efforts and investments to make this place a great environment to work in. I have a supportive easy-to-talk-to supervisor. I like the company-paid gifts for every occasion not just Christmas! Just today every mom in the company got a personalized water bottle with "Best Mom Ever" on one side and their name custom printed on the other. How thoughtful is that?! Does anyone normally expect to receive a present from one's employer on Mother's Day?? I don't think so. There's fresh fruit in the kitchen daily, fully stuffed fridge and in-office happy hour every Friday at 4 PM. Really, uncork whatever you want! I like the lively company meetings that we have every other week where we preview our own commercials and other digital product on the big screen with woofers going overhead. Pretty cool! We have amazing front desk and admin staff that immediately responds to requests. Great culture overall.

Cons

Loads of work in my department; it never slows down. But it's not a deal breaker. Everywhere I worked was busy. Unlike other places though, GLG makes it up with flexible schedule and understanding of one's personal needs, family, kids. They do their best to create a healthy balance between work and family life. You can even bring your kid to work if you have to. Handling heavy workload is nothing in comparison to dealing with a mean and cheap company owner or unhappy team that won't quit whining. I don't hear complaints. GLG treats us well.

Former Employee - Production Designer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Garrigan Lyman Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I worked with a select few really nice people.

Cons

Staffing with contractors on the basis of a 40 hr work week, but only using them 20-30. Boring work, for boring clients. After 6 months of this I finally started getting more interesting work, then was let go when their main client had layoffs. Called me back 2 weeks later, they wanted me back. No way. Greener pastures.

The people make working here great

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, fun work environment, interesting clients, very creative people

Cons

High turnover, late night launches, working on only one client.

Better plan for growth would be helpful. Feels like people have to leave to move up.

great culture, uninteresting clients

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group full-time

Pros

The culture is fantastic and the people are really cool and genuinely nice. There are some talented people working there.

Cons

Not a very diverse client base and sometimes the process is weak, particularly due to some of the weaker PMs

A well run company with talented people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Garrigan Lyman Group as a contractor

Pros

good people, talented people, not much drama or egos to speak of, involved upper management, growth opportunities, profit sharing, decent working hours, a sense of community that is rare at digital agencies

Cons

work is not that exciting, process can be a chore (even though useful),

go after a more diverse range of clients, try to do more PR worthy things and focus on great work that will make more people want to work at (and bring work to) GLG

Company is kind of OK in terms of work, but once your project is over, its really tough to keep you billable.

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is ok, fun filled place to work.

Cons

Attrition rate is very high, you never know when they will ask you to leave.

Need to find out the way how to keep good resources. as with this much attrition quality will not come to the code.

The Garrigan Lyman Group Response

Dec 13, 2013People Development Director

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, the scope of projects do change in this business or our clients have a change in direction on the the project. Their deadlines and priorities can change ... More

A positive work environment with supportive management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Garrigan Lyman Group

Pros

The company is still run by the founders that grew it from 5 employees to 85. They are very dedicated and work along side employees. Employees feel very supported.

Cons

Long hours. But this is a given in this industry.

If an employee is under-performing it's okay to let them go.

Worked for The Garrigan Lyman Group? Contribute to the Community!