The Gladstone Institutes

The Gladstone Institutes Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

The Gladstone Institutes President R. Sanders Williams

R. Sanders Williams

Exciting place to be with rewarding work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery collegial and smart people - values of integrity, teamwork and excellence show. Great benefits.

ConsExpense of living in SF makes it difficult for trainees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more gender diversity in upper management.

This position has been challenging in great ways.

ProsSupportive team, flexible schedule, great Administrative and Executive Assistants.

ConsNot enough training and information.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline training.

It was exciting working at a research company because of the discoveries being made everyday.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHearing about the scientific discoveries was very cool. Work life balance was important to management. Co-workers were great.

ConsLocation sucked. President was a snob. Politics like anywhere else. Constant changing of direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice working environment

Research Associate III (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunities for educational development. Flexible work time. Great work life balance and great benefits.
    Opportunity to attend scientific talks and conferences weekly .

ConsManagement should encourage more involvement of Research Associates in scientific part of projects rather than just be involved in technical part.

Awesome Experience working at Gladstone Institutes

Staff Research Scientist (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI started my Gladstone life as a postdoc trainee. There are many training programs to improve your capability for your next-step career, for both academic and industrial directions. Many training programs are free for Gladstone trainees. Gladstone also has very good scientific environment to inspire you and good research cores to support your projects. Salary is also a little higher than university.

ConsSan Francisco has very good whether, but research pressure keep you in the lab most of time, although it totally depends on what you really pursue for your career.

great place to postdoc

Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe Gladstone is a friendly, supportive environment, and the research tends to be very high impact.

ConsIt's hard living on a postdoc's salary in expensive SF.

A rocking center with very smart people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTerrific minds, and stellar institute directors.

ConsOrganization should become better known -- as it is world class

Advice to Senior ManagementHire PR firms and a philathropic arm, to help with fundraising. You should be focusing your brains on science. You have too much to give to society and the world with your research. Bring in business people.

Gladstone is good to me.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI like the people, and senior management. We have good benefits. I work with amazing and talented people. I like that our mission is to help humankind. I have been here for almost 15 years, and most of that 15 years has been a great experience.

ConsCould be more fair and consistent with salaries. I know they think they are, and I know they try to make them fair and consistent, but ….. And some of the scientists are ego-centric.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaged with your people at all levels.

Great place to learn if your an up and coming scientist.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat science, top notch post docs

ConsHorrible facilities department, high turnover rate. HR department clueless.

Great place to work , cutting edge scientific research

IT Administrator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible working hours, good benefits, good pay, great work/life balance

ConsSlow to implement changes and adopt best practices

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure employees provide input into job description and tasks

Worked for The Gladstone Institutes? Contribute to the Community!