The Goddard School

Be The First To
Add Photos

The Goddard School President & CEO Joe Schumacher

Joe Schumacher

Pros
  • Working with the children is great, and I am lucky to work at a center with some pretty great co-workers (in 5 reviews)

• Teachers work hard and are up to date in training (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The amount of work you do as a Lead compared to the pay you get is not worth it (in 7 reviews)

• Lead teachers with a college degree still make less than (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Working there had it's ups and downs.

Teacher (Former Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsI loved helping the children learn and grow. I like people I worked and coming up with games for children.

ConsThere was a lot of rules and job stress.

Challenging

First Steps Lead Teacher (Former Employee) Edwardsville, IL

ProsGreat families, great kids, most co workers are great!

ConsInsane amount of paperwork for each day of the week & month. But the end of a month I had used 100 sheets of paper on just letting my parents know what was going on in the classroom. No environmentally friendly when it comes to paperwork.

It has been a great professional development experience!

Assistant Director (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsIf you love Early Childhood Education then this is the place to work.

ConsHard to say at this point in my employment there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad management and owner at the west goshen goddard school

Teacher (Current Employee) West Goshen, PA

ProsGreat families and kids are fooled in this place

ConsFamilies are fooled by management team. Teachers are treated as dust. If you could other jobs, don't come here.

Passionate school that stays connected with families past and present.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Third Lake, IL

ProsLots of freedom to design curriculum. Amazing healthcare package with low out of pocket costs. Short term disability benefits and such. Raises are performance based percentages.

ConsInconsistencies among management. Owner makes the calls to close early to not open due to weather- cares more about money than anything. Directors are gossipy and unprofessional

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected to your employees and don't be condescending or patronizing

Director of education

Director of Education (Former Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsGood supportive company. This is a franchise. The owner of my school was very is to work for and family friendly while also business minded.

ConsStaff turnover. Sometimes very long hours when short staffed and no subsitites.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf offering a higher pay rate is not an option to retain staff maybe offering better benefits like tuition assistance would attract better quality teachers/teacher aides and reduce staff turnover. That will also make the parents and children happier.

In the beginning I was very happy, been there almost 5 years and every morning I dread going to work.

ProsThe families and children you get to meet. Sadly this is pretty much the only good thing about this particular place.

ConsThe pay, being forced to be off without pay, the favoritism, the unrealistic expectations, over priced health care. Haven't had a raise in 4 years. All they really care about is money not the well being of their employees. The co workers are hateful, spiteful, drama filled and gossipy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and realize those favorites of yours are constantly bad mouthing you. Show the rest of your staff you appreciate them. Get down off your high horse and realize its the teachers that make your school.

High Turnover

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, good work/life balance

ConsLow pay, poor management, disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on how effective their teaching skills are, not comparing them to someone else who is less effective

Great program & school; Horrible management staff.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Frederick, MD

ProsWonderful co-workers, great families, low child turnover, high standards for curriculum and cleanliness

ConsComplete void of communication from the owner & director. Unprofessional behavior of owner & director. Mandatory school closings, did not get paid for (unless you used personal PTO)

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your teachers more, let your staff know that they are appreciated

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

The management was not suitable to own an Early Childhood Education Center.

Assistant Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe children and parents are wonderful.

ConsThe boss/owners only care about money, not the safety or well-being of the children.

Worked for The Goddard School? Contribute to the Community!