The Great Indoors

Not yet rated.

Edward S. Lampert

Good Company overall

Special Order Inventory Controller (SOIC) (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGood department structure and great, original products available to customers.

ConsOut-dated technology caused delays in processing and recieving orders, lost product and added expense for the company. The long process time and delays also annoyed customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpen a little extra money on the initial programing and equipment to save time and money later reducing lost products and angry customers

It was fun while it lasted

Appliance Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsLoved the people and the environment

ConsPushing extended warranties on customers

Loved this job. Wonderful teams

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsWent above and beyond for family needs.

ConsGave customers anything they wanted

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes it is ok to say no.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent "all under one roof" concept

Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) Lombard, IL

ProsOwned by Sears Holdings Corp.

ConsNow in the process of being closed, nationwide.

The company no longer exists for a reason

Customer Service (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe work there was easy and the environment was laid back enough. Most customers were very nice and good people.

ConsEveryday you knew one of the managers was there you didn't want to be there, they were antagonistic to everyone and didn't know what they were doing as evidence of their continually changing their plans as they blew up in their face.

Great Store Great Team

Management (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsStaff has lots of pride, very loyal
    Great store presentation
    Great Management Team and Staff
    Complete remodeling services
    Good quality merchandise

ConsSystems too old ,limited advertising
    Appliances inventory and availability
    store closing
    Lack of career advancement

Rewarding and lots of different work challenges.

Store General Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat associates, great products and great services.

ConsLittle attention from parent company Sears

A job experience one dreads facing every day .

Consultive Sales, Appliances (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorking with some good employees , helping customers make their appliance purchases and hearing their satisfaction with my work . The salary range is on your ability alone . Also meeting some very interesting customers.

ConsTraining is structured for you to fail . Management is promoted by who they like not by their degrees or experience . Only employees, management likes goes to specialized training out of state ; Thermador ,etc. If your're not in their tight circle , one's not going anywhere . HR person hiring only his kind . Installation and delivery of appliances is what causes 85% of sale cancelatons with customers never returning . Appliance manager only helps customers that have purchased warranty on appliances

Advice to Senior ManagementHoffman Estates needs to come in and clean house with replacing all management ! ; from store manager to operations with appliance mgr. The whole store is stagnant !

AMAZING!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat PAY!!! Awesome People to work with. Great environment to work and a clean store, (unlike Home Depot or Lowe's).

ConsLong Hours, mean spirited customers shop at the store, and again, the main thing is the long hours for an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Management Crew that helps out their fellow employees to help the employee help the customer and to meet the customer's needs.

Run far away from this place

Commission Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHmm.. I guess they are very flexible when it comes to schedule, great employees working their. Honestly, if you are a student it's a great place to work at they are very flexible when it comes to schedules.

ConsHonestly, you do not want to make a career working at this place. Employees with vast amount of work experience is paid on pennies on a dollar. Management will make you say no to every customer on returns, product dissatisfaction, but when the manager gets involve they automatically say, go ahead and take care of the customer. They've make the frontline employees the bad one. If you're someone that seeks to be challenge, do not apply here. Managers do not like to see you move around in department it's frown upon. Promotion you must seriously brown nose, and pay, no one actually have gotten a raise there for about 7 years roughly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Great Indoors Management, I don't think they need to call that. Basically, the associates who run the store does all the managing. Those "manager" all they do is meeting and nothing gets done. They've actually fired great managers, but they've kept the low productive managers. Store Manager takes all the credit that the associate does, she basically freaks out when there's a visit, making everyone's life miserable.

Worked for The Great Indoors? Contribute to the Community!