The Habitat Company Reviews

1. Leasing Consultant

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Habitat Company

Pros

First the company really stands by their core values and I really respect that. In addition I admire the founder and CEO, Mr. Levin, greatly in continually impresses the emphasis on creating communities. When I have presentations, the Habitat perks that we offer stand out in comparison to our competition and I love showing that to prospects. There is definitely a team atmosphere and I have always been told that I would be supported in any growth within the company if I were to want and qualify for it. Training is always available. Also, I have always been impressed by the fact that everyone is made to feel appreciated. With our corporate headquarters located in Chicago, when we have Vice Presidents who stop by, they always make an effort to ask about you, how things are going with what you are working on or the market and even asking for your opinion. There is an aspect of respect that really makes you feel like you are an important part of the company and I believe this is a rarity in this industry.

Cons

You can definitely put long hours in for leasing but that comes with the business and the nature of leasing. Plus that means that you are leasing and you have a great property and are making money!

2. Assistant Property Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in North Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in North Chicago, IL

I worked at The Habitat Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary; Team Oriented; Pension; Healthcare coverage; Continuing Education assistance.

Cons

Sometimes certain properties were not as organized as the company profile suggest.

Advice to Management

Continue to training lower management office staff for professionalism.

3. Decent Management Company

Current Employee - Resident Relations Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Resident Relations Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Habitat Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great co-workers. The property I work for has a lot of positives. I have a great property manager and a great team to work with.

Cons

I really wish that management would offer some type of discount on rent for their employees. Also, management can be a bit stubborn when it comes to decision making. They are very open to ideas but most of the time they don't consider them.

5. Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at The Habitat Company (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about the company is that the CEO really cares about the people there as well as a few of the vp's. CEO works to keep integrity and honesty top priorities. My team had a lot of fun and worked really well together.

Cons

Not many mostly difficult moving but that seems an industry thing Inconsistency in teams. Some good some not good. Need better consistency or supervisors

Advice to Management

wish some of the newer svp's would be more clear and honest and follow the rules

6. Meh.

I have been working at The Habitat Company

Pros

Commission was probably the best aspect.

Cons

Lack of response or care from management.

Advice to Management

LISTEN.

Great company to work for until Valerie Jarrett left.

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Habitat Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continuing education paid for by the company. They used to value the residents and really push customer service.

Cons

Discriminatory practices by the HR dept. Upper management looks at most employees as a piece of furniture they can, and will replace at their whim. You will not be able to move up in the company to their so called market rate properties unless you fit their undisclosed standards (white and thin).

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as the human beings they are regardless of race/ethnicity or what type of property they are employed by.

RSS Feed </> Embed