The Hackett Group Reviews

Reset
4.0
The Hackett Group Chairman and CEO Ted A. Fernandez
Ted A. Fernandez

Pros
  • I could work from home if needed (in 6 reviews)

• Also, not to mention about its Intellectual Property (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a continuous challenge and focus (in 5 reviews)

• Most of the year-end cash goes to paying large bonuses to senior management (in 7 reviews)

1. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Shared Services Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Shared Services Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loyal to employees, prefers to promote from within, good people and in general a collaborative environment, good training program, fairly flat hierarchy, offers some freedom in taking initiative and test new things. Not afraid of failures, encourages new ideas.

Cons

Outdated benefits package, there is no company event to unite employees, to get to know one another.

Advice to Management

Update the benefits package which is really outdated compared to competition and current practices in the industry and create an opportunity for the employees to meet, shared services included. It's good for them to meet the company exec directly, to create personal relationship to increase the level of collaboration in the company.

2. Good place to work, but requires focus

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Hackett Group

Pros

Knowledge Management Process is very good.Fact based approach towards consulting around how to improve companies business metrics is something I enjoyed. I also found that there is pretty good talent in the ranks, it is just hard sometimes to find it. Also, communications within the company can be somewhat terse.

Cons

Travel can constrain your personal lifestyle. ALso, some of the people who I worked with seemed to be quite arrogant. Fpr someone coming from industry, the shift to a consultant mindset can be a real challenge. I am not sure everyone will be successful in this company. It requires hard work.

Advice to Management

Think geography.

RSS Feed </> Embed