The Haskell Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Halverson

Great experience, great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Values, Great Co-workers. Very good work-life balance for most people.

ConsCareer opportunities limited in some areas

Great experience for growth and management development if you ask for it.

Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsSynergy of project teams, the ability to work hand in hand with construction side of Design-Build for all types of clients, quick design-construction turn around so the amount of experience you get is 3 times that of design only firms. You get rewarded for doing a good job.

ConsHard to attract talented architects into design build because of old stereotypes of design-build. Rollout of cutting edge technology was not well thought out by leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking for those who want more responsibility and give it to them - title and pay.
    Utilize A-E leadership to win Healthcare jobs leaving the construction folks at office until client asks for them. If you don't have that AE leadership, higher them, or stop chasing these projects.

Great intern experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-opportunities to learn and do meaningful work
    -great people
    -work life balance
    -beautiful office and on the river

Cons-not much intern interaction aside from intern weekend
    -departments silo'd
    -had to ask a lot for things to do

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have worked for

Director (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsVery collaborative work environment, management is transparent and cares. Company is responsive to outside environment and making good changes. Working hard to grow the business. Pay is good to excellent. Recent decision to add everyone to the bonus plan was great. Nice work environment.

ConsStill not good at employee reviews. Not always sure where you stand. Some old-timers resist change. Still need to work harder balancin design and construction but getting much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive pushing change and promoting younger people.

carpenter's of haskell are well skilled

Welder (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsPreston Haskell takes excellent care of his employees and makes working there worth while

Conssometimes the breaks in between jobs can hurt

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Excellent Company to work for, I loved the Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat benefits and culture! Fun Place!

Consonly con was my drive into work, the distance for me was too long

Good, not great place to work

Architect (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsNot micro-managed, ability to work on your own. Pace was usually moderate, sometimes rushed to meet deadlines. Great benefits package. Good location and office atmosphere.

ConsCommunication was lacking within and between departments. Obvious bias in compensation and benefits going to the construction side of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the office and get to know your people, but don't do it just out of obligation - we can tell when you're just "making the rounds" to put in an appearance.
    Prompt your teams to meet and communicate more frequently.

Good but not great place to work

Architect (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThey promote learning and licensure.
    Able to work at your own pace.
    Flexible hours.
    Good benefits.
    Nice building and good location on Riverwalk.

ConsHard to advance.
    Easy to get pigeon holed into certain tasks.
    Communication was lacking in some areas.
    Seems to be a lot of favoritism.
    Bonuses are heavily weighted out to construction more than A/E.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with a genuine heart, not just because you're supposed to.
    You need to even out the project bonuses between construction and A/E.

Great Place to Work...NOT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsLots of really great people.

ConsExecutives are living in denial thinking Haskell has what it takes to be a great place to work. As long as a few of the Executives continue working there it will never make it. All they do is talk about it but aren't actually willing to do what it would take to make Haskell a great place to work. Show respect and appreciation for the truly hard workers, from PCE's to Senior Management, and stop promoting and rewarding the people who just think they're great!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above. I would advise the people in leadreship roles at Haskell to act like they really care about the company's success and not as just a way to collect huge paychecks and write off expensive travels.

Great Place to Work.

Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsFlexible Hours, Fair, Personally Rewarding Job. I have worked for Haskell for many years and have found from past co-workers and friends and the grass is not always greener on the other side. Since I have matured with the company I cannot complain and love to work here.

ConsSome of the downsides for working with Haskell that are a personal downside as I dont know how other employees rate.
    1. We never ever know for a fact what our next assignment will be. It is understandable and I dont blame upper management as often times an official contract sale is hard to obtain, but we are often informed that "you are going to be working on this project," or , " you will probably be a candidate for this project". Only to end up being thrown on a project never discussed. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining as all of us still employeed should be greatful to still earn a paycheck in these economic times, but I think there should be a better understanding of manpower assignments for upcoming projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementI respect all of my mentors and superiors within our company. You guys are doing a great job. I couldnt ask for a better group of bosses to work for and am greatful that I have the opportunity to work in such a great place.

Worked for The Haskell Company? Contribute to the Community!