The Health Plan

Add Photos

Phil Wright

Good Old Boys Club

Underling (Former Employee) Saint Clairsville, OH

ProsCheap health insurance (though it goes up every years and co-pays are getting out of hand), dental reimbursement, vacation time.

ConsCertain departments have a hostile work environment. A lot of back stabbing and work place bullying. Promotion depends on staying on the boss's good side no matter what. Even if it means throwing someone under the bus. Definitely a good old boy environment. If you are male and are in with the right people you have access to golf outings where the bar is wide open all day. If one of your underlings accomplish something of value....just kick them aside and take all the credit! Management seems to be aware and completely OK with it. Salary is not competitive. Massillon staff makes substantially more than St. Clairsville office staff with same job descriptions. There is no pay scale for job descriptions....it's a secret!

Advice to Senior ManagementThey won't care until it is too late.

Golf, golf, golf

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Clairsville, OH

ProsThe Health Plan has great benefits. There is an almost unheard of 10% contribution to the retirement plan. Family health insurance costs around $125 per month with little copays.

ConsThere is little room for advancement, unless you are part of the old boys' network and are a good golfer. Management runs the company in an autocratic style, not welcoming input from employees at any level.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so concerned about your next tee time and instead be at work, doing work - like the rest of us are required.

Not much gets done

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Clairsville, OH

ProsVery very relaxed...Almost too much

ConsPay isn't great, boring atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more room for advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scary

Network Management Representative (Current Employee)

ProsTheir hourly and salaries are acceptable.

ConsAlways worried about the stability of your job and poor promotion opportunities...definitely a "good old boys club"

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't care

Worked for The Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!