The Home Depot

The Home Depot Chairman and CEO Frank Blake

Frank Blake

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to Work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsHome Depot is a very friendly place to work with good benefits for part and full timers. There is good training for all employees, and they offer competitive pay.

ConsSome of the policies are difficult to understand, and some stores have a cliquish employee atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough management speaks as if the lowest employees are the most important part of the company, the policies and practices of the company do not always follow that idea. Management should be encouraged to allow the associates to enjoy time off with their families and the ability to attend social activities on a regular basis. The policy that full time employees must have full flex in their schedules is hurtful to people who want to spend time with their family and friends outside of work.

it's ok

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsBenefits package wasn't too bad but I still end up broke when I went to the doctor... Set hours, decent pay for retail

ConsI often felt under appreciated after a supervisor change I worked my tail off and got no recognition while others were being recognized for something somewhat simple in comparison. Supervisors were rarely trained properly and those who were had to be flown to headquarters.... waste of company money if you ask me.

Advice to Senior ManagementMEM wasn't around much because of split districts made it hard to talk with him. Supervisors started pressuring associates too much and caused many of us to stop enjoying the job which pushed morals down and sales too. Some department heads and store associates believe they don't have to pack down or recover throughout the week and because the MET comes in every week those departments were complete disaster areas by the time we got back to the store and many times MEA didn't have the time to make the bays correct because of this issue. Store Associates often would move home items out and replace them with a non home sku.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsI enjoyed my time working for Home Depot. I quickly got promoted to department supervisor after only 6 months. The customers would frustrate the hell out of you sometimes, but ultimately it was alright.

ConsSome fellow employees were flat out rude to customers. Don't become an assistant manager, as it was the place where employees go to get fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of the stores are understaffed during the winter. Overall, I think they have done well running their organization. Bleed Orange.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

The Home Depot Videos

The Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Home Depot reviews and ratings in Annapolis, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Home Depot CEO Frank Blake. All reviews posted anonymously by The Home Depot employees.