The Home Depot

3.3
5,529 Reviews

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Pros
  • They are one of few companies today that provide part time employees with benefits (in 254 reviews)

• It has a good benefits package with a chance to obtain 7% bonus if you have a good review (in 225 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, so be ready to not see your love ones how you might like to (in 170 reviews)

• Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits (in 282 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Home Depot is a very friendly place to work with good benefits for part and full timers. There is good training for all employees, and they offer competitive pay.

Cons

Some of the policies are difficult to understand, and some stores have a cliquish employee atmosphere.

Although management speaks as if the lowest employees are the most important part of the company, the policies and practices of the company do not always follow that idea. Management should be encouraged to allow the associates to enjoy time off with their families and the ability to attend social activities on a regular basis. The policy that full time employees must have full flex in their schedules is hurtful to people who want to spend time with their family and friends outside of work.

it's ok

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Annapolis, MD

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

Benefits package wasn't too bad but I still end up broke when I went to the doctor... Set hours, decent pay for retail

Cons

I often felt under appreciated after a supervisor change I worked my tail off and got no recognition while others were being recognized for something somewhat simple in comparison. Supervisors were rarely trained properly and those who were had to be flown to headquarters.... waste of company money if you ask me.

MEM wasn't around much because of split districts made it hard to talk with him. Supervisors started pressuring associates too much and caused many of us to stop enjoying the job which pushed morals down and sales too. Some department heads and store associates believe they don't have to pack down or recover throughout the week and because the MET comes in every week those departments were complete disaster areas by the time we got back to the store and many times MEA didn't have the time to make the bays correct because of this issue. Store Associates often would move home items out and replace them with a non home sku.

Good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

I enjoyed my time working for Home Depot. I quickly got promoted to department supervisor after only 6 months. The customers would frustrate the hell out of you sometimes, but ultimately it was alright.

Cons

Some fellow employees were flat out rude to customers. Don't become an assistant manager, as it was the place where employees go to get fired.

Many of the stores are understaffed during the winter. Overall, I think they have done well running their organization. Bleed Orange.