The Home Depot Reviews in Houston, TX

4,916 Reviews

The Home Depot Chairman and CEO Frank Blake
Frank Blake
3,084 Ratings

Pros
  • They are one of few companies today that provide part time employees with benefits (in 209 reviews)

• There were some good benefits for part-timers, such as a discount on your cell phone bill (in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, so be ready to not see your love ones how you might like to (in 135 reviews)

• Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits (in 241 reviews)

More Highlights

93 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun job.

Former Employee - Hardware Sales Associate  in  Kemah, TX
    Former Employee - Hardware Sales Associate in Kemah, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gotta like helping people fun place.
    Life work balance.
    Benefits.

Cons

Who you know advancement to management.

When promoting look outside the Home Depot circles. Your ill guys do a lot more then you realize.

Sep 16, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work and will share your response with others.

Help

Current Employee - Bookkeeper  in  Kemah, TX
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Kemah, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel Home Depot as a whole is a good company.

Cons

Bad management. Standard of Procedures is not followed and management doesn't care about it's employees. 5 department heads have quit in the last month. The morale is terrible and although corporate has been advised about problems nothing is done.

Please listen to what is happening in Kemah, TX. Ask all of the employees their opinion instead of just a chosen few employees. This store has fallen so far since the first of the year. Employees have bad morale and have given up on anything being done.

Family-like work enviroment

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Houston, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, Quick training, opportunity for growth, fun,

Cons

It gets a bit tiring since every employee in the building will eventually have to lift anything from small bricks to 40 lb bags of cement.

Listen to employees more, not just management employees but lower level employees. Especially cashiers, since they are the ones who go face to face with customers and know what they complain about.

Jul 28, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Alright Place

Former Employee - Lot Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lot Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Tips, Easiness, Balanced Schedules, Many Coworkers

Cons

Weather may be excruciating (Summer)
    Hard to move up in the Company
    Low Wage

Raise the Wage for the Lot Guys and make it easier to promote.

Aug 18, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and ... More

It's a good work environment, I enjoy it and have fun.

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy working on the MET Night Team because it's always challenging and I also like building displays and getting on machines. I use to work in the day also and I enjoyed interacting with customers. There is also a lot of room for growth and hopefully my hard work will pay off.

Cons

No Night differential for working the night shift and I was told we get paid for mileage which comes out to be nothing.

Stick to your word on your end. I was told on three separate occasions from two different Supervisors that I was going to get a Homer Award. On the first occasion a customer had told my Supervisor I went above and beyond with my customer service and also another store employees said I'm a good good worker and management noticed the departments I serviced as an MEA employee on the day shift . Then on the traveling MET team which is overnight and is a heavier workload I feel my work is outstanding from my perspective and also from the 10 different Supervisors in my district that I travel to. On the second occasion my night Supervisor had told me I was going to get a Homer Award for my hard work outside in the heat and it being dark out in the garden. On the third occasion I was told i was going to receive yet another Homer Award for calling out a safety violation and bringing it to my supervisors attention. I still haven't received any of them and 3 of them is an extra $50 on your check.

I was disappointed in my six month review. I feel that my supervisor didn't acknowledge my hard work. It said I need to to make sure I'm doing what I,m doing already do and making it seem as if I'm not doing my job.

Jul 31, 2014Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they ... More

Grate place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment to work at

Cons

Making sales is the most challenge

Treat your employee good

Jul 21, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience at The Home Depot.

Great! Supervisors are great, and its a fun environment to work at.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Galveston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Galveston, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Definitely a change to grow and progress in Home Depot.

Cons

To be honest none lol

Great company to work for, slow to promote.

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great health insurance, success sharing, bonuses twice a year, consistent market share growth, pioneer in the industry, excellent training program

Cons

NO Employee discount, slow to promote, poor customer service training, interdepartmental lack of communication

Promote from talent not from years served. Listen to your employees on the front lines before making changes. An employee discount would help limit internal theft and promote employee loyalty and moral.

Jul 3, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

Team work environment

Former Employee - Millwork Specialist  in  Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Millwork Specialist in Conroe, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

work with good people and learn a lot. You can move up quickly if you work hard and follow all the rules.

Cons

under staffed, can be very stressful. I started ten years ago when the starting pay was ok, now they don't pay much and the hours are crazy, even for retail. Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits

Jul 8, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

What it really is

Former Employee - Department Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you are self motivated you can learn alot

Cons

It really is about who you suck up too not how qualified you might be

Stop looking at the hourly associates and look to the assistant management team, poor asms will ruin a good team

Jul 8, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have ... More

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!