The Home Depot

3.3
5,530 Reviews

The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Pros
  • They are one of few companies today that provide part time employees with benefits (in 254 reviews)

• It has a good benefits package with a chance to obtain 7% bonus if you have a good review (in 225 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, so be ready to not see your love ones how you might like to (in 170 reviews)

• Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits (in 282 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Opportunities for Growth

Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

There are always opportunities for growth if you're willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Leadership is sometimes hired eternally

Hire from within.

customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the job is easy, free coffee,

Cons

call center, rude employees. you get punished when you report abuse by your co-workers. its never anonymous.

be more professional

May 27, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Customer Service associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s Call Center network. We appreciate you taking the time to share ... More

The experience was great. Besides the individuals that make up the company

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

there are a lot of things that are good about the company. They have great Benefits. They give out rewards almost daily and especially weekends. The salary is ok compared to others and the opportunities.

Cons

Managers
    organization( Started with the company)

Be fair and stop trying to make everyone your friends over the business (buddy buddy)

Feb 25, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

Great company, but poor middle management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits and multiple training opportunities.

Cons

Policy and procedure is tailored on an individual basis. Core values not upheld.

SOP should be applied to everyone. You cannot make exceptions for one employee and not do the same for the other. Example of this would be erasing "occurrences" for certain employees because you have developed a friendship with them, but telling another employee that is truly suffering with personal/family issues that there is nothing that can be done for them. It's called playing favorites and that should not be allowed from a supervisor at all. Core values are great for a company to have. They give the employee a standard that they should meet and try to exceed. However, core values mean nothing unless you live them. "I put customer's first" is our main motto, but it has to be all the time. How can an employee speaking to a customer on the phone be able to properly handle the call or resolve an issue for a customer when they are constantly being told that need to be mindful of the amount if time it is taking to handle a call. Metrics are good, but not when it is going to affect the outcome of the customer's total buying experience.

Jan 24, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

It was the worse excuse for a contact center operation.

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New equipment. New Office, On site gym.

Cons

Manage out of fear. Say they want your imput but write you up if you ask questions. Spend more time spent getting rid of employees than rehabilitating them. you have to repeatedly ask to get access to systems you need. Managers too busy help and don't know how to get you what you need either. You are constantly told to ask your peer for help; blind leading the blind. Big on divide and conquer; keeping team in the dark until it benefits them.

Home Depot has 6 call centers, quit saying ist start up and thing are always changing. Just say you don't know what you are doing. Home Depot promoted front line reps to run a new contact center. No wonder they office is run in CYA manner. The director fought an hourly and lost their job too. Let new hired managers with experience give sound advice on how to run business. Quit telling them what you knew got you here and that's all. Now reset for Home Depot.

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner

Decent Company benefits, however the company is not afriad to change your job description at a moments notice.

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits
    Lots to opportunity for community involvement
    Great people
    Good pay once you are no longer in an entry level position. Supervisors/Manager/Salary positions are well paid.

Cons

lower pay for entry level than other companies.
    This company will change your job description at a moments notice. They will add a ton of extra responsibilities without giving you any kind of compensation or additional pay.

While my management are nice and good people, they are not knowledgable of the actual jobs that are being done in the support department. They want to now put the support department on customer calls, but in doing so, they are allowing the support functions to be backed up. This is not good business, and not only are they frusterating their employees, they are lowering moral and production and are about to loose many good employees.

Jul 26, 2013Client Partner

Thank you for your review. Team Work is essential for our business. We rely on flexible, positive and eager associates to pitch in and help those around when needed.

Corporate Resolutions

Current Employee - Corporate Resolutions in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Resolutions in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's one way to get your foot in the door

Cons

Avaya is horrific & the management in this dept is not transparent & overly clicky

Treat everyone across the same across the board. Stop playing with your phone & asking if your butt is too big!

Jul 19, 2013Client Partner

We wish you were more satisfied with your current management. We strive to help our associates be the best they can be by offering a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring ... More

Great Company

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Growth opportunities, Great benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Retail Hours aren't desirable for single parents.

Superior

Current Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Appliance Sales Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Good pay, good people, great training, opportunity for those who work. Home Depot is, overall, the best retail employer I have ever worked for. They have given me ample opportunity to advance, and accomodate associates who are team players. The company is great about allowing you to develop skills in multiple departments, and recognizes accomplishment.

Cons

Favoritism, failure to promote from the stores to corporate, no preference given for seniority.

Retain talent by actively assisting key assets in attaining their career goals. Communicate more effectively.