The Home Depot

The Home Depot Reviews in Kennesaw, GA

Updated May 20, 2014

The Home Depot Chairman and CEO Frank Blake

Frank Blake

Pros
  • They are one of few companies today that provide part time employees with benefits(in 209 reviews)

• There were some good benefits for part-timers, such as a discount on your cell phone bill(in 190 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, so be ready to not see your love ones how you might like to(in 135 reviews)

• Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits(in 241 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The experience was great. Besides the individuals that make up the company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prosthere are a lot of things that are good about the company. They have great Benefits. They give out rewards almost daily and especially weekends. The salary is ok compared to others and the opportunities.

ConsManagers
    organization( Started with the company)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair and stop trying to make everyone your friends over the business (buddy buddy)

Feb 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

customer service rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

Prosthe job is easy, free coffee,

Conscall center, rude employees. you get punished when you report abuse by your co-workers. its never anonymous.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more professional

May 27, 2014

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Customer Service associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s Call Center network. We appreciate you taking the time to share ... More

Great company, but poor middle management.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsBenefits and multiple training opportunities.

ConsPolicy and procedure is tailored on an individual basis. Core values not upheld.

Advice to Senior ManagementSOP should be applied to everyone. You cannot make exceptions for one employee and not do the same for the other. Example of this would be erasing "occurrences" for certain employees because you have developed a friendship with them, but telling another employee that is truly suffering with personal/family issues that there is nothing that can be done for them. It's called playing favorites and that should not be allowed from a supervisor at all. Core values are great for a company to have. They give the employee a standard that they should meet and try to exceed. However, core values mean nothing unless you live them. "I put customer's first" is our main motto, but it has to be all the time. How can an employee speaking to a customer on the phone be able to properly handle the call or resolve an issue for a customer when they are constantly being told that need to be mindful of the amount if time it is taking to handle a call. Metrics are good, but not when it is going to affect the outcome of the customer's total buying experience.

Jan 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was the worse excuse for a contact center operation.

Contact Center Supervisor (Former Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsNew equipment. New Office, On site gym.

ConsManage out of fear. Say they want your imput but write you up if you ask questions. Spend more time spent getting rid of employees than rehabilitating them. you have to repeatedly ask to get access to systems you need. Managers too busy help and don't know how to get you what you need either. You are constantly told to ask your peer for help; blind leading the blind. Big on divide and conquer; keeping team in the dark until it benefits them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHome Depot has 6 call centers, quit saying ist start up and thing are always changing. Just say you don't know what you are doing. Home Depot promoted front line reps to run a new contact center. No wonder they office is run in CYA manner. The director fought an hourly and lost their job too. Let new hired managers with experience give sound advice on how to run business. Quit telling them what you knew got you here and that's all. Now reset for Home Depot.

Sep 5, 2013

Decent Company benefits, however the company is not afriad to change your job description at a moments notice.

Support Specialist (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsExcellent Benefits
    Lots to opportunity for community involvement
    Great people
    Good pay once you are no longer in an entry level position. Supervisors/Manager/Salary positions are well paid.

Conslower pay for entry level than other companies.
    This company will change your job description at a moments notice. They will add a ton of extra responsibilities without giving you any kind of compensation or additional pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile my management are nice and good people, they are not knowledgable of the actual jobs that are being done in the support department. They want to now put the support department on customer calls, but in doing so, they are allowing the support functions to be backed up. This is not good business, and not only are they frusterating their employees, they are lowering moral and production and are about to loose many good employees.

Jul 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. Team Work is essential for our business. We rely on flexible, positive and eager associates to pitch in and help those around when needed.

Corporate Resolutions

Corporate Resolutions (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsIt's one way to get your foot in the door

ConsAvaya is horrific & the management in this dept is not transparent & overly clicky

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone across the same across the board. Stop playing with your phone & asking if your butt is too big!

Jul 19, 2013

We wish you were more satisfied with your current management. We strive to help our associates be the best they can be by offering a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring ... More

Great Company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsExcellent Growth opportunities, Great benefits, decent pay.

ConsRetail Hours aren't desirable for single parents.

Superior

Appliance Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Kennesaw, GA

ProsGood pay, good people, great training, opportunity for those who work. Home Depot is, overall, the best retail employer I have ever worked for. They have given me ample opportunity to advance, and accomodate associates who are team players. The company is great about allowing you to develop skills in multiple departments, and recognizes accomplishment.

ConsFavoritism, failure to promote from the stores to corporate, no preference given for seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain talent by actively assisting key assets in attaining their career goals. Communicate more effectively.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!