The Home Depot Reviews

• Kennesaw, GA
3.9
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

1. Part-time Home depot work is challenging.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Sales Associate work is especially challenging on a part-time basis. The opportunity to make most of your customers happy is rewarding. The schedule never gets tedious.

Cons

The schedule is never the same. Management can find many reasons to ignore solutions to even small issues that could affect results contrary to stated core values.

Listen more closely to suggestions from the associates.

2. A fun environment to work in.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company trains you well for the job, there is great potential for growth within the company, and the company has great involvement in the community.

Cons

Call center work isn't for everyone.

Mar 24, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service.

3. Department Representative

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment in which the managers work with you to develop your skills and increase store sales.

Cons

For part-time employees, the schedule is made three weeks in advance, so for college students requesting time off is sometimes difficult.

In order to weed out some of the lower performing employees, an employee review every few months could help develop the employee better.

Feb 3, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

5. Love This Job

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

Environment
    Easy Job
    work great with religious preferences and maternity (even before 90 days of employment) and schedule 2 30 min (paid) breaks for breast feeding (doc permission required), 2 regular 15 mins paid breaks and a option for 30 min unpaid lunch to go home 30 mins early or the full hour (unpaid).
    Not overtime opportunities unless you go to HD.COM (Yike to regular customers)
    Have to be there at least 3-4 months before a set schedule (if you have good stats)
    Need to define QA requirements better, I feel redundant sometimes, to make 100's so I can keep my preferred schedule

Cons

Workforce is not great, your scheduled preference is supposed to be by your stats, I've been number 1 for my second month of employment and only got my schedule preference for two weeks. I work in YOW, so our hours of operation is 7:30-10
    Only assist wholesales, retailers (dummies), and e-commerce accounts...no regular customers (Thankfully)

fire and rehire workforce management.

6. decent company

I worked at The Home Depot

Pros

not a bad company to work for, good values and great people to work with

Cons

to many social clicks, need a more flexible attendance policy,

Jan 9, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

Opportunities for Growth

Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Call Center Associate in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot

Pros

There are always opportunities for growth if you're willing to put in the effort.

Cons

Leadership is sometimes hired eternally

Hire from within.

Dec 30, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates ... More

customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the job is easy, free coffee,

Cons

call center, rude employees. you get punished when you report abuse by your co-workers. its never anonymous.

be more professional

May 27, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Customer Service associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s Call Center network. We appreciate you taking the time to share ... More

9. The experience was great. Besides the individuals that make up the company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

there are a lot of things that are good about the company. They have great Benefits. They give out rewards almost daily and especially weekends. The salary is ok compared to others and the opportunities.

Cons

Managers
    organization( Started with the company)

Be fair and stop trying to make everyone your friends over the business (buddy buddy)

Feb 25, 2014Client Partner

Great company, but poor middle management.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits and multiple training opportunities.

Cons

Policy and procedure is tailored on an individual basis. Core values not upheld.

SOP should be applied to everyone. You cannot make exceptions for one employee and not do the same for the other. Example of this would be erasing "occurrences" for certain employees because you have developed a friendship with them, but telling another employee that is truly suffering with personal/family issues that there is nothing that can be done for them. It's called playing favorites and that should not be allowed from a supervisor at all. Core values are great for a company to have. They give the employee a standard that they should meet and try to exceed. However, core values mean nothing unless you live them. "I put customer's first" is our main motto, but it has to be all the time. How can an employee speaking to a customer on the phone be able to properly handle the call or resolve an issue for a customer when they are constantly being told that need to be mindful of the amount if time it is taking to handle a call. Metrics are good, but not when it is going to affect the outcome of the customer's total buying experience.

Jan 24, 2014Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

It was the worse excuse for a contact center operation.

Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New equipment. New Office, On site gym.

Cons

Manage out of fear. Say they want your imput but write you up if you ask questions. Spend more time spent getting rid of employees than rehabilitating them. you have to repeatedly ask to get access to systems you need. Managers too busy help and don't know how to get you what you need either. You are constantly told to ask your peer for help; blind leading the blind. Big on divide and conquer; keeping team in the dark until it benefits them.

Home Depot has 6 call centers, quit saying ist start up and thing are always changing. Just say you don't know what you are doing. Home Depot promoted front line reps to run a new contact center. No wonder they office is run in CYA manner. The director fought an hourly and lost their job too. Let new hired managers with experience give sound advice on how to run business. Quit telling them what you knew got you here and that's all. Now reset for Home Depot.

Sep 5, 2013Client Partner