The Home Depot Reviews

Reset
3.3
The Home Depot President & CEO Craig Menear
Craig Menear

Pros
  • The pay allows part time workers to survive at below poverty levels (in 254 reviews)

• Good benefits (we wil see what the new BCBS plan holds) (in 225 reviews)

Cons
  • days per week - So bad work/life balance (in 170 reviews)

• benifits are minimal for part time employees (in 282 reviews)

7,979 Employee Reviews

Changed my opinion about retailing

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Home Depot has a solid moral compass. They aren't about sacrificing their ethics for the sake of a sale, which I love. They also hire a diverse group of people and give a lot back to the community. They offer a lot of benefits and little treats for their employees. Although they push their associates to meet quota, they're realistic about what can and can't be accomplished.

Cons

Home Depot has two different sides to it. Store associates and those of us considered "store support" who are payed by the vendors but work in the stores 100% of the time. I constantly hear about how store associates are stressed out by management and their hours are being rearranged a lot, cut, and they often are stretched thin due to lack of full staffing. "Store support" associates who do merchandising have it better than those who work in specific departments. However, you never really gain knowledge unless you have the time to look things up and read packaging.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting associates based off of favoritism.

Jun 29, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

2. Stocker

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

Pay could be better for entry level employees

Sep 2, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

3. head cashier

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Orlando, FL

Pros

loveddddddd the people im actually very sad that i left. the only reason i left was because i had a huge family emergency.if i could have i would have stayed. they have great benefits and they do care about their employees.

Cons

not enough pay wish you could get more hours bonus sucks not much cons

5. Tool Tech

Pros

There are a lot of learning opportunities

Cons

Boring and slow during colder seasons

Sep 2, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

6. Review

Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Delivery Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work schedule. Worked with me while I attended School Full-time.

Cons

It's retail and management tends to have different visions and hard to communicate one outcome.

Sep 2, 2015 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your 3 years at The Home Depot.

7. Retail Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

It would be nice if medical benefits were available for part time employees again.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. Hard worker

Pros

Very nice Company to work for good people.

Cons

Need more money for work being done.

Advice to Management

Pay the employee that does the work.

9. Permanent PT (hoping for FT) Sales Associate - Lawn & Garden Seasonal

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

The management in our Minnesota store is great! The store manager is a supercharged lady who gets in the trenches right alongside us, always had an open office door, encourages ongoing communications with her and the other management staff - I consider myself fortunate to be with the company but even more so in this particular store. Management is locked into certain policies and procedures - and can face the same bottom line as the rest of us if we mess up. If thr mgmt staff makes exceptions to policies, they too can be fired. Just like any of the rest of us. I started in a seasonal capacity in April of this year and by May, could look forward to staying on, in a part time capacity, after the height of the retail gardening season wound down. I know, because I was told, that I was retained because of my previous garden center experience with various nurseries in MN and WI, combined with what management described to me as strong work ethic and genuine concern for customers first. I simply LOVE my job with Home Depot, and am bopeful that it will become full time soon so as a single mom, I don't have to continue working quite so many hours in secondary employment, whixh I must maintain at present to pay my rent, etc. Our store manager is fully aware of my situation, and I know that when the timing is right, and as long as I continue demonstrating my best efforts, Inwill one day realize my wish for full time hours.

Cons

What are downsides?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - training a whole store full of great people the skills of excellence in the work place. Our store, and everyone in it, ROCKS!

10. Merchandise Execution Associate

Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really laid back team leader and team members. Great place to work with a great salary and as many hours as you could ask for.

Cons

Harder work and have to travel from store to store in one district.

Sep 2, 2015 – Client Partner

11. Great place to work!!

Former Employee - Merchandise Department Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Merchandise Department Supervisor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of potential to promote within the company, good 401k program with company match, ability to train in multiple departments.

Cons

too much online training with not enough hands on training, starting pay was starting to decrease from what it once was.

Advice to Management

Management should be thoroughly trained in positions they supervise. Too many times the supervisor of a department knew less than the associates that worked for them.

Showing 7,979 of 8,049 reviews