The Home Depot

3.2 4,559 reviews

The Home Depot Chairman and CEO Frank Blake

Frank Blake

(2,883 ratings)

Pros
  • They are one of few companies today that provide part time employees with benefits(in 205 reviews)

• There were some good benefits for part-timers, such as a discount on your cell phone bill(in 189 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance, so be ready to not see your love ones how you might like to(in 135 reviews)

• Now they mostly hire only part time that offers very little in the way of benifits(in 240 reviews)

4,559 Employee Reviews

Awesome

Night Ops Asm (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFair pay ,great benefits , secure

ConsLong hours , not always well planned

Freight

Freight Team Associate (Current Employee) Independence, MO

ProsIt is a place with Great atmosphere!

ConsThe pay is not fair compare to what the Freight team dose.

Home Depot Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat company to grow with

ConsNo cons when compared to other retailers

Jul 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience at The Home Depot.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good and healthy work place

ProsPay, work hours and friendly ambiance

Consprolonged physical activity, lack of equipment

Jul 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Retail associates are the face of The Home Depot for the thousands of customers who walk through the doors each day. As a retail associate you can ... More

Store Manager for 10 years, with company 20 years

Store Manager (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsA lot of great opportunities with Home Depot. Great benefits package and outstanding opportunities for additional bonuses.

ConsNo cons, great management, depending on the location of the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, great company. I enjoyed my 20 years with the company,

Jul 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for your dedication to The Home Depot! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company culture; laid back atmosphere

ConsI was only interning for 5 months and didn't encounter any cons of the company as a whole.

Jul 25, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your internship with us and hope you consider a career with us in the future. Best of luck to you!

Grate place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Missouri City, TX

ProsGood environment to work at

ConsMaking sales is the most challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee good

Jul 21, 2014

Hard work, nice bonus and employee stock purchase plan.

Specialty Department Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat rewards for hard work, recognition is big at The Home Depot.

ConsHardest job I have ever had, customers are sometimes very rude and expect mark downs and freebees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed the correct associates in the correct positions.

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More

Department supervisor

ProsDouble profit sharing bonus, decent benefits package in regards to health, dental, and eye insurance.

ConsWork schedule is a little difficult at times.

Hardware Sales Associate

Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThey provide the training to learn a lot! Useful information that you can use later on!

ConsLong Standing Hours, but it is also good for your health, i loose around 25 pounds! You will have to face a lot of people asking where is everything on weekends. Weekends are the busiest in the Store. Don't even think to take those days off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Effort Recognition program, it is very rewarding to see that your work matters!

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!