The I-Grace Company

Add Photos

David J. Cohen

Wonderful Work Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood advancement and knowledgable people who are eager to help their employees learn and grow in their careers both with I. Grace and beyond.

ConsOnly two locations nationally which did not allow me to continue working with them when I left New York City.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working as you have with your employees. It was a wonderful experience that I would recommend to others any day.

My short experience with I-Grace

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPersonally, I had a very pleasurable experience working at the I-Grace Company, though it was for a short time. My supervisor was highly understanding, firm and informative all while making my time there very enjoyable.

ConsWhile my personal experience was wonderful, I can say that there was a very high turnover rate for other positions. The company is fast pace and at times placed high demands upon their employees, leaving them overwhelmed and literally in tears at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be able to communicate issues and/or concerns and follow them through rather than leaving some employees to fall on their face.

The I Grace Company

(Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay is okay, benefits are offered. 401k was offered when I was there. Paid holiday and vacation time was offered.

ConsPoor management, poor building and construction knowledge, high employee turnover. The main means of communication with supervisors, coworkers and management is through interoffice email which can seem a bit too impersonal at times. Lots of overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper and middle management should refrain from making the company more complex than it needs to be. It's not necessary. The company as a whole additionally needs to work on building better relationships with their employees and coworkers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great potential with not enough drive.

Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI.Grace can be an exciting place where one is confronted with pretty interesting and unusual projects. Then again this was when the economy was at its peak. Now, due to the recession and decisions made by upper management projects are small in comparison.

ConsI came to realization that majority of the upper management has marginal construction experience and that it occupies its position at all costs. This creates a rather toxic atmosphere where upper management is helpless in assistance, while maintaining illusion of their purpose to the owner who is not involved in daily operations. With this in mind, prospects of growth are slim to none and there is a big turn-around on mid to lower level management. In addition to the management coming from accounting/business sector, decisions may seem right in short term, but not in long term - particular to treatment of clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps it would be useful to realize that this recent lapse in economy clearly separated home construction builders into two categories: ones that are doing it because they build and ones that are in it for the money. (Building vs. billing). Latter ones are dropping out.

Was put on furlough never got called back

Finished Carpenter (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat pay!! great customers!!! Good to work for

ConsBad management, need to speak to employees and let them know what's going on in the company without stabbing them in the back.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be straight with employees and work performed will be better.

Worked for The I-Grace Company? Contribute to the Community!