The Icee Company Reviews

Daniel Fachner

Love it!

Current Employee - Service Technician in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Dayton, OH

Pros

Great job. I love going to work everyday. Goid starting wage,benefits, company vehicle, great endless training,great manager and guys to work around.

Cons

No complaints here. I love my job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. Frstrated

Pros

Alot of work, company tools

Cons

Overworked, company doesn't care about employees, money over everything

Advice to Management

Better take care of employees

3. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

health care is okay, you sell your soul for it...

Cons

you lose your heart and your soul

Advice to Management

stop giving your personal bffs special treatment, make them work like the rest of your empoyees have to.

5. ....2 Sides to every coin.

Pros

Successful Company, Good Benefits to the employee (Medical, Dental, Vision. 401K Plan), Also, H/R Department frequently organizes morale boosting activities for the Employees, such as Friday Sports day and Anniversary recognition, which is highly appreciated. Many Employees have been with the company for decades, company has rarely seen employee layoffs and cut-backs over the years.

Cons

Overall Minimalist attitudes toward Training employees throughout most Departments; Performance Reviews are done without thorough assessment of the employee, many good things about employees that are overlooked; Leadership is often chosen by popularity, rather than ability and strength.

Advice to Management

With all the important matters of compliance and regulations that need to be observed on a Corporate level, one would expect Training would be better structured or at least more closely monitored by management. Strong employees would be much stronger and comfortable in their responsibilities and in turn yield more successful results. For some Departments, placing this type of emphasis on training seems almost frowned upon.

RSR is a great position to start in

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative

I have been working at The Icee Company full-time

Pros

-Compensated well -Plenty of overtime during the summer -Direct Management is great (in my branch anyway) -Micromanagement is low in comparison to similar positions at different companies -Stress levels are low -Most upper management came from a lower position in the company (not hired from completely random industries)

Cons

-Constantly giving ETA's is unproductive, could spend that time accomplishing work -Can be hard to retain skilled employees, especially Service Techs -Can be hard to fit in vacation as others have to pick up your slack -Summer can be extremely busy -Large trucks are difficult to navigate in gas stations with small parking lots -Upper management has too many reports

Advice to Management

-Quality employee retention should be #1 priority, hard to train service techs -Reduce the number of reports, more face time with accounts

Not for the weak

Former Employee - Service Technician in Bridgeville, PA
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Bridgeville, PA

I worked at The Icee Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay,Good Benefits,Good People. After a year you get a paid vacation and you also get paid holidays.

Cons

LONG HOURS,ON CALL 24/7, TRAVEL ALL OVER THE AREA FROM ONE STATE TO ANOTHER AND HAVE TO BE READY FOR IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Advice to Management

more training classes

8. Terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Service Technician in Bellmawr, NJ
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Bellmawr, NJ

I have been working at The Icee Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company truck Uniform benefits were somewhat good

Cons

Terrible management that provides no support and treats employees as servants/slaves Micromanagement No training provided (though training was promised during hiring process). Management just throws techs into assignments without providing any training or guidance. Driving 90% of the time Got injured on the job, was denied workers comp/short-term disability, no paycheck for 6 weeks; received bill from ICEE for 238$ for health premiums with treats to pursue legal action against me dead end job

Senior employee

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Ontario, CA

I worked at The Icee Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When I started at ICEE in 2003 it was a company that cared about it's employees. For the first couple of years it was great.

Cons

Company became more corporate minded and upper management started distancing itself from the employees. Accounting department was run on a different set of rules than customer service, which is hard to when the departments interact with each other. Every fall there is a purge of employees, usually the ones who are at the top of the pay scale. I saw 2 people who had been there 20 years let go. I was there 9 years without being written up for anything, then all of a sudden in 2012 I was getting written up. This led to my being terminated. There is also NO room for advancement in the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Management seems to think that their underlings don't know what is going on. Get wise-they do!

Wow...What way to waste 20 years

Former Employee - Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Icee Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'll get back to you on this one....Maybe its better than hoping for free bread and cheese? Honestly, you can learn service skills that will help you get a job with a good company.

Cons

An awful company. Poor compensation for their Service Techs. No regard to Osha rules and standards. Almost no safety rules, with regards to the job. One of my co-workers was ridiculed for asking for a harness used when climbing ladders. The ladder was expected to get a guy on the rood of a 7-11 store. The ladder was slightly damaged when it was purchased at Home Depot. Really? However, they have cameras in your vehicles to catch you doing things that will set the camera off...things like stopping quick, or turning sharp. Also, most of the management are people who worked their way up in the company. I made 5000 per year LESS when I took a management job. They do have some good managers, but typically they find managers who really enjoy the title, not because they are good managers. I knwo this because I did it for seven years.There is also nothing that is confidential. If you have medical issues, expect the entire office, and your co-workers, to know everything. Its such a small company, state by state, that I'm sure few are willing to talk about working conditions for fear of retaliation. I'm not bitter towards Icee. I'm posting this hoping someone might actually take safety seriously and keep my friends alive.

Advice to Management

Please, fix this. You have some amazing employees. Do something to keep them alive. Education may help. Colleges and Universities have classes that could help you. Thank you so much for firing me. Its been a wonderful improvement in my life to put this place in my rear-view mirror.

When there is an issue, who is at fault is more important than what caused the problem.

I have been working at The Icee Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some really great people to work with.

Cons

Managers micromanage and take no responsibility. I was asked by my manager to relate what my co-workers where saying in confidence. The happy go lucky atmosphere the people reflect is shattered once to talk with co-works in a safe environment. I once saw a video of the parent companies owner ring the opening bell at the NYSE. In the speech he refers to his employees as servants.

Advice to Management

Your house needs cleaning, but your pride keeps you from seeing the mess.

RSS Feed </> Embed