The Impact Partnership

Lots of Opportunity and Success if You Choose

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have had nothing but positive experiences at Impact. I've learned that in any work environment or at any company, your experience is what you make of it. Throughout my career, I have found great success at Impact - I was promoted within a year of employment and I feel the company, my coworkers, and managers really care about me as a person and my success within the company. I have not found this type of work environment anywhere else.

Like any respectable company, you must work hard to earn your keep. This remains true at Impact. If you work hard and are a positive, contributing member of the team, you will be rewarded. It's plain and simple. If you choose to work under a veil of negativity or think you can get away with doing the bare minimum, chances are you won't find this is the right place for you. As in many corporate environments, your attitude and work ethic will make or break you.

As far as the team is concerned, there are tons of talented, wonderful individuals working here. By far the best people I have worked with... ever. This goes all the way from leadership, to management, to associates, and everyone in between.

As a member of the marketing team, I have worked on outdoor campaigns, websites, direct mail, TV commercials, TV shows, print, social media, and pretty much any other medium you can think of. My portfolio is chock-full of marketing collateral. This job is great for being creative, while also understanding corporate rules and guidelines. It's a great balance that has no doubt given me the coaching and perspective I need to further my career.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily consider these cons, but here we go:

• This isn't strictly a 9-5 job. As I said, this opportunity is what you make of it; the more work, care and effort you put in, the bigger opportunity you have to be rewarded. If you're looking for a typical, punch-in-your-time job, this isn't it.
    • Attitude is everything. As I mentioned in my pros, upper management is selective about who they hire and who they choose to employ. If you want to complain all the time and not do anything to better yourself, this is not the place for you.
    • This is a startup, so pay and benefits may not be as high as other companies. It's a fair trade for upping your career and opportunities, in my opinion. I can say, though, that I have received great promotions and raises.

Know that at Impact, you're expected to work hard and give it your all, just like every other employer out there.

An Opportunity of a Lifetime

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Impact is more than a place to go to work each day. Being a part of The Impact Partnership has given me an opportunity to work with a group of successful people of which I learn from and am challenged by each day. Working with a winning team has enhanced my skills and pushed me outside of the box in ways that have expanded my business acumen and made me a better leader.

I appreciate the opportunity to work with people who genuinely care about me and are vested in seeing me grow. As the need arises to provide constructive feedback, they do. Impact is a culture where people are expected to do their very best. In addition, the most successful people in our environment are positive by nature and have the ability to adapt to different personalities and situations. I respect each and every person I work with and part of that is having a shared commitment to work hard and be excellent.

I like participating in process improvements and as a growing company, there are opportunities to make positive change within my team and my department. I want to continue to grow as a person and in my role. Which is why I chose to join a company of extremely successful people who are positive and cutting edge and learn from them.

Cons

The communication at Impact is something we can continually work on.

Keep doing what you're doing. I have worked with lots of leaders and teams in my career and this is a team I can trust and win with. Thank you for the opportunity you have given me!

Is half a star an option?

I worked at The Impact Partnership

Pros

Very talented people to work with!

Cons

There are a handful of male owners that run the company that are only in it for themselves. The CMO is extremely threatened by females and is completely degrading and inappropriate with women. The company is constantly facing lawsuits and the staff is either completely drinking the koolaid or terrified to speak up. Working for this company will keep you miserable and constantly uneasy about your job security. I wanted this place to be as good as they hyped it up to look. And unfortunately, it's cut throat and ruthless. Oh but do expect to listen to some scripture during your Monday morning meetings, because there's nothing inappropriate about imposing your religion on your staff, right?

I would give my advice but it would be equivalent to talking to a brick wall.

Don't Waste Your Time

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are several great people here, but management makes you act as if you live in a Stepford community otherwise you are shunned and eventually worked out of the company, people have been let go just for not being happy enough. So if you enjoy acting fake, this would be a great place for you. Hopefully my wires won't short circuit and I can keep on smiling every day.

Cons

Management doesn't make any changes, the president is a figure head, he doesn't make it a better place to work even though he's been given feedback, seems like he's under a spell. Most positive reviews on here are from employees who were bullied into leaving a positive note. This place could be so great, and fun, but it's down right oppressive, it's sad and I'm actively looking for other employment.

I come collect a regular paycheck until I can move on to somewhere more fulfilling. Don't waste your time interviewing here, I promise you'll regret it...the negative reviews are all 99% accurate.

My advice would be to listen to the employees, but since you don't, this message just falls on deaf ears.

Dissatisfied with management

Former Employee - Rather Stay Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Rather Stay Anonymous in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The employees that you encounter have a great spirit and really are great to work with!

Cons

Management doesn't always follow through with their promises, and be careful not to be too open with your feelings/opinions with them as well. There is no work-life balance, and management has a tendency of talking down to their associates. I would not recommend this company to anyone I know. But, if you do get a chance to work for Impact, you will meet many-many unhappy associates, and all you will hear are complaints left right and center. But no one will be forthcoming to management due to of fear of losing their jobs.

I started working for the company with a smile on my face and a bountiful feeling of excitement. That feeling was quickly replaced with resentment and frustration. The ugly truth came out. Senior management hides behind the guise of Christianity and the books "The Energy Bus" and "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (which they require their employees to read, but refuse to take heed to the things they themselves preach). There are some pros to this company, but sadly due to the way management chooses to operate it doesn't out weigh the cons.

Take care and treat your associates better because happy associates will work harder naturally for a company that takes pride in them.

Don't Be Fooled by "The Energy Bus"

I worked at The Impact Partnership

Pros

There are good people that work for Impact who deserve better. I can definitely say the one pro was being able to meet and work with several talented and supportive people.

Cons

The root of the issues at Impact is that the company is owned by a tight knit group of ruthless business men who want to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible. As a result, their employees suffer and they couldn't care less. They focus on promoting a "positive" culture (and make every employee read "The Energy Bus"), but the irony is that the culture becomes more negative every day as employees are overworked, not supported by department management, and receive little to no praise. The only people who receive praise are those who are in leadership and those who suck up to leadership by drinking the “koolaid.” The business model at Impact is severely flawed - they focus on recruiting advisors at a lightning speed pace where they end up over promising what the company will be able to deliver. Due to the poor management in certain departments, the company ends up under delivering for their advisors and that leads to extremely negative conversations for those who have daily interactions with them. On top of this, there is absolutely no communication throughout the entire company, especially within the departments. The combination of all of these traits creates an environment that is negative, stressful, and extremely frustrating to the point where people dread coming to work - again, it's ironic that this is exactly the opposite of the "desired company culture" that the leaders try to promote.

Listen to your employees and don't punish them for expressing their frustrations/trying to improve the situation. The issues are rooted in poor management and not in employees that "aren't a good culture fit." There is a difference between "being negative" and being in touch with reality.

The Real Facts - Do Not Walk...Run

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing about this place is that if you work here, one day you will get to leave.

Cons

If you read any positive reviews on this company, it is from the company. This is the biggest joke of a company I've ever seen. Their leadership is an absolute joke...if you work here, you will constantly wonder how the management got to where they are today (it's because they are all buddies). You will get preached at literally and you must thank God in the meetings or you might get fired. The biggest thing I can tell you is that the management is a joke. They believe that they are the greatest thing ever. If any of these guys tried to go get a job with a real company, they wouldn't get hired, they're lucky that they have a sugar daddy who is funding the company and who they're all buddies with.

Great Opportunity with Creative Freedoms

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working in the marketing department with the video team has been an incredible opportunity. The creative freedom that is given for each project allows you to develop an array of skills. From shooting, editing, and producing, the experience is nonetheless positive, and I look forward to coming into work each day to learn something new.

Cons

The Impact Partnership is growing tremendously which is a positive problem to have, and with the growth comes in need of room for equipment.

Create a specific large storage area for photography and video equipment.

Creative freedom within a corporate environment

Current Employee - Video Producer
    Current Employee - Video Producer

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time

Pros

As a corporate creative, Impact is a great place to spread your wings. Very fast paced environment and you have to hit the ground running. I've been here for a few months now and my skill level in editing and film has already increased exponentially as well as my portfolio. Never a dull moment within the marketing team and everyone looks out for one another. The Senior VP's really take the time to make sure you're adjusting well. My title changed within a few months as well as my responsibilities and i've adjusted accordingly as well as getting positive feedback on my career path. The work load maybe overwhelming at times and takes up some of your social life but thats a personal choice i make and i make it because i love what i do. If i didn't i wouldn't be here. Impact has given me the creative freedom I need to gain experience and grow in the film industry.

Cons

As stated before, the workload maybe tough at times, but because its a growing start up they have many demands and expect the employees to be able to handle their own.

Start-Up Environment with Unbelievable Resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than a year)

Pros

At The Impact Partnership, I've found the unique combination of coworkers who are excellent at what they do and expect that of others while also caring and generating a family environment. Since joining the team, we have grown exponentially as a company and my responsibilities and opportunities have done the same. I have had the opportunity to travel to client meetings across the country, speak in front of 60+ clients, and attend multi-day educational summits related to my field. Very few companies and leadership teams would have invested this much in me.

I really appreciate the team's positive attitude and the fact that everyone is constantly trying to improve their contribution. I have also met several people that I consider my friends even outside of work. There is a great collaborative environment within my department and the days honestly fly by.

As far as resources go, we just completed an amazing build out of our entire floor, complete with a video studio, several radio studios, and an additional break room. This is a company that does not hesitate to invest in the future and its employees as long as you are willing to invest in yourself.

Cons

As with any start-up environment, the inter-office communication could be improved. There is less of a work-life balance, but I personally have never been more fulfilled at a job. Everyone works extremely hard. Benefits could be improved, but are pretty standard.

BIGGEST CON: There is constantly food, cake, chicken minis, etc. in the office which I can't stop eating.