The Impact Partnership

Stephen Odom

Life Changing For My Family

Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

I have been in this industry for over 12 years and have been truly blessed to work for another great company throughout my career, which was an INC 500 company for 3 years in a row and one of the top companies in this industry. I thought for sure that I was going to spend the rest of my career there. Until the day I had the chance to become part of the team at Impact, I didn't just jump at the opportunity...I leaped!!! There is something really special about this young company. Impact with it's competitive; yet friendly working environment, makes you feel like you are a part of a family. Everyone is up beat and is always willing to help one another. Being that Impact is the fastest growing company in our industry, makes for ample opportunities for someone to grow their career here no matter if you are in marketing design, sales or operations.
         I have been here now for a year and have noticed one of the key factors that is a major contributor to our growth and success here, is the commitment and dedication that senior management gives to us the employees and our customers. I have never seen so much detail and passion that goes into the training of an employee to go out and be so prepared to compete with the high level competition we face everyday. Unfortunately, in this industry there is a lot of perception being "sold" out there; whereas here at Impact we truly partner up with our clients by bringing true value to help grow their business. The Impact Partnership is TRUE to it's name!

Cons

The sales and operation teams are required to be dressed business casual.

Being able to dress casual would be awesome as well as greatly appreciated.

Doomed from the Start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

"Start-Up" feel with great work/life balance. I was able to get my work done within business hours and enjoy my time off.

Cons

Leadership was apathetic and unhelpful, perhaps even non-existent. I participated in a phone interview, to which the president of the company, someone who was branching off from a company to which he dedicated extensive tenure to, pulled himself out with a few colleagues to begin The Impact Partnership, a competing IMO to the business he branched from. I was hired after an in-person interview with the President, the CEO and the VP of Sales.

I was hired before they even hit the ground running without a job title or job description. I came with a wide range of talents, such as copywriting and an extensive radio background, to which they knew they wanted to integrate into their departments and still with no job title, I was placed into the marketing department, where I worked with one graphic designer and the CMO, two people I hadn't even met prior to starting or even in the interview process. We had regular meetings with very little actual visions or clear communication about long term or short term projects. I accomplished all that was asked of me and worked to the best of my abilities without much support or communication from a rather disorganized upper management.

Following an involved and expensive event planning experience, I was let go because "They were dissatisfied with my performance" and if it were up to the CMO, he proclaimed, he wouldn't have even hired me on.

Well, who was at fault? The hard working employee, carrying on between the 3-person marketing department and administrative assistant tasks without a job title/description or was it the company who failed to establish a proper job description and outline their expectations in the first place?

Its clear that the business has continued to grow since my time there. My top-tier advice is to give employees a fair opportunity to succeed and utilize their talents to the company without waiting for that person to fail. Organization and constant communication are the key components to a successful business and even more successful employees.

Just what I was looking for and THANK YOU!

Pros

Impact is easily the best place I have ever worked. Literally, THE best sales training, THE best opportunity, THE best group of employees I have ever encountered in one place.

I consider myself a salesman and I hold firmly the belief that I can sell anything. If you want to get paid for what you sell, Impact is the place!!

I am a better salesman now after being with Impact for over a year than I ever was before. Yes, it was tough in the beginning, but so is everything worth achieving...there's a learning curve, and if you're not ready to be a sponge and learn all you can and then apply it then you should look elsewhere.

The rewards of this career far outweigh any of the learning curve I had to go through in the beginning. My family is so much better off because of what I have been able to accomplish because of Impact.

I know first hand that all of the negative reviews on this page are from employees who didnt make it at Impact. The reason they are being so hard on Impact is only because they saw the opportunity here and FAILED to capitalize on it. If they were being honest you would hear them say that they regret not following through with what they started here.

I can't say "thank you" enough to the leaders of Impact for this opportunity!

Cons

I dont consider these "Cons" but they are what makes Impact tough for some...again if you DONT understand that big rewards take hard work then you'll never find a place that you love.

Longer hours: It's not 9-5, you dont punch a clock, we work hard and then we play hard. Can you say "BB Kings Orlando"?!

Coaching: If you want to improve you have to be okay with someone pointing out your weaknesses...we are all here to beat our competitors and bring the most value possible to our advisors...getting better is how you do that.

Young company: You get the excitement of being a part of something bigger than yourself and the flexibility of a new company, but there are some growing pains that go along with that. We will and are getting better every day, but some people like the 20,000+ employee companies where you have to include a cover sheet on all TPS reports.

Keep doing what you've done to make Impact great and never compromise who we are and what we do. I love how selective you are in bringing new people on board, keep doing that! You have literally changed this industry, changed the lives of my advisors and I again thank you for the opportunity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Greatcompany with lots of earning potential

Pros

I worked a the Impact Partnership for 6 months, and I will say this is not a job for someone who is planning on cruising and slacking off. The sales training here is phenomenal- and the sales skills I learned here will stick with me forever. Everyone in upper management has great values, and every team member is fully committed to the success of the company. They are absolutely crushing the rest of the market. They are literally doing things that no one else in the industry is thinking about- and its only a matter of time before they are number 1. By the way- all these other negative reviews are people who got canned because they were not doing what was asked of them, or left because they couldn't handle the pressure. If you aren't ready to bust your tail and give everything that you have to this job- then you won't survive so don't waste your time.

Cons

Not much of a work/life balance- but if you want to get to the next level and launch a career that will pay off extremely well, then you are going to have to put in some extra effort anyways. I will say that the upper management pressures you to produce big numbers-but they are willing to work with you on anything that you are struggling with. Sure- some of the upper management can get so into your success that you start feeling the pressure- but that is only because they are so passionate about the company and helping you achieve a goal that even you thought you couldn't get to. Unfortunately for me, coming straight out of college, I didn't realize the opportunity laid out before me, and I cracked under the pressure.

Keep doing what you are doing-I will be forever thankful for the training I got here.

Make Sure You Get the Facts

Pros

You learn how to cold call and do get some sales training.

Cons

This place is a scam. I was sucked into believing the hype and now wish I hadn't made that mistake and had looked into it more. Its kind of funny, I read the reviews on here and its funny to see the first couple reviews (very accurate in my opinion) and then several positive reviews to, I assume, combat the real reviews initially posted that talk candidly about this place. Anyway, however you want to look at it, my advice is do your homework first and really push to know what this company really is about NOT what they sell it as.

Some reviews talk about being able to hack it and "not being for the weak-willed"...a joke. Its sales, its supposed to be a work hard, play hard environment - we get that, and anyone who isn't cool with that, has no business in sales, however, don't let them tell you that this is an amazing opportunity and if you tough out the first 6-9 months it will be worth it (its still not worth it because nothing changes). Sure everyone wants to think its some legitimate company where thats true and naturally you'll want to show them you live up to the work hard, play hard mentality, however, even when you do, nothing changes, you're pretty much their corporate slave. Its a 12 hour day where you are underpaid and as one of the first reviews said which got me laughing you are "preached" at all day- couldn't have put it better. I'm not sure if they are oblivious or ignore the fact that we are so unhappy.

My advice, find a legitimate sales company where your hard work and efforts do pay off, and where its actually a good work environment. This is not that place.

You should spend more time seeing how your employees really feel.

Not for the weak willed but the best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Never a dull moment, always new opportunities to shine and grow, "there is no box" mentality. Strong community and support system. I love how the company will always take feedback and will turn on a dime if a process needs to change.

Rapid career growth; most people in the company have worked there for less than a year, so the "veterans" of 1-2 years are already seeing promotions.

Cons

I read through some of the other cons and realized that most of negatives were from people that had been either fired for poor results or left for other opportunities. I respect their opinions and but can tell you very easily that the level of transparency in this company is unprecedented. You always know where you stand, and if you're in the red they will work with you on getting you back in shape. This is not a job for people who will hide behind bureaucracy or excuse to validate their job. You're either an all-star or you get canned.

Benefits aren't exactly amazing but all the typical things are covered, but since this is a relatively small company it will take a while before they will become comparable to other major companies. In my opinion, the opportunity for career/monetary growth outweighs the benefits.

This is a company of aggressive self-starters that are figuring out process as they go because they're growing at an exponential rate. What may seem like chaos to some is the fire of a company wanting to be the best quicker than any previous company in their industry.

As far as work/life balance goes, like any new company you have to work extra hard to get things going. Most people in the company could leave at 5:30 if they wanted to, but they end up staying until 6:30 or 7 because they see the potential and because they like what they do.

If you want a regular job then find a regular company to work for. This is not that job. This company is anything but regular.

More time with senior management and individual career growth/coaching.

Great Place To Launch A Career

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Since beginning my career with The Impact Partnership I have developed both personally and professionally.

Within the first year I was promoted to a new role that has opened more doors for me than I have ever imagined. I now have a clear understanding of the direction I want to take my career and that includes many more years at Impact. I have my leaders to thank for that clarity and guidance of my career. I am incredibly lucky to work under marketing team leaders who have worked at some of the top companies in the country like Speedo, Sprint, Home Depot and more. Their expertise and willingness to teach has helped me grow immensely.

I have never been in a more positive and professional work environment than I have experienced at Impact. The continuous motivation and support I receive from my team members makes it easy to go to work each day.

Cons

May not be a fit for people who are not willing to give it their all.

Keep investing in the right employees. You have put together an incredible team who make it a joy to come to work each and every day. The support and appreciation from each team member drives me to reach new heights with my career and continue to grow with the company.

A very positive work environment - where all the functional areas get along and support one another

Pros

High Energy Level
    Growing Business
    Positive Environment
    Great Team Work
    New Office/state of the art facilities

Overall my time at Impact has been nothing but positive. I enjoy everyone I work with - the team works hard but plays hard as well. It's a fast pace and innovative environment. There are plenty of growth opportunities especially for those who are just starting their career. Impact takes the approach of first trying to promote from within vs hiring from outside which is refreshing.

Cons

the Impact office isin Kennesaw - so depending on where you live the commute could be long.

Fast Growing Company with Positive Culture

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

The Impact Partnership is the fastest growing company in the history of the insurance and annuities industry. It is a lot of fun to work in a fast-paced, hard working environment full of achievers. I am so proud to work with The Impact Team! What sets Impact apart from other companies I have worked with is the positive, nurturing culture. Example: they ask every employee to read "The Energy Bus" when they start. It's a great book, check it out. My supervisor invests time to accelerate my growth as a marketing professional. Our marketing team leaders have direct-to-consumer experience with companies like Speedo, Sprint, Home Depot, Auto Trader, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Arby's, etc. I learn from them everyday.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, working for Impact is probably not a fit for people who don't want to give it their all.

Continue to give all employees opportunities for additional responsibility to drive continued growth.

They will inhumanely and wrongly Use you

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

To work here, there is required reading which can provide insight on financial topics which one may not have looked into on their own until a certain age was reached in life.
       If you're a graphic designer - this could be a great place to start. The marketing department seems to be a branch of their own.

Cons

The entire "Culture" of the organization is eerie and inconsistent. They continuously pound it into their employees heads that all who enter must hold up to their "culture". Which when it comes down to it, they themselves do not maintain. I also agree with what the other reviewers have said. The way they portray the positions they desire to fill (excluding the marketing roles) is a complete Facade. Personally, I was contacted multiple times, by an array of different people and asked to leave the position I held with a company I was completely happy with to join "The Impact Team" which was made out to be so surreal. On a daily basis, more and more responsibilities are piled onto the duties with no additional compensation.
    They continuously promise raises and promotions with no intentions to ever follow through (again, excluding the marketing department which got promotions on a regular basis). There will be no hesitation to cut someone once the management has a bad taste, regardless of what the cause and with no question first.
    The methods of "coaching" is more like a time set aside for management to talk about their own personal and family issues.
    I certainly gave beyond my all and exceeded everything in which I was asked or expected. All of which I endured during my short tenure was completely unappreciated and seemingly rather amusing to upper management, and most employees as well for that fact. What this company has brought on is Nothing of what any person should ever have to endure on behalf of Any company for any sake!
    Advise to potential candidates: Don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you. They will talk about glamorous trips and rewards which do not depend on ones personal contributions or productivity, they depend on your luck with timing.
    Beware: The company was founded by a small group of tight knit people who know exactly what they're doing and are very good at pulling the wool over newcomer's eyes. They specialize in acquiring new recruits for all fields in preparation for when they sell the company. The door is continuously revolving with multiple interviews each day looking for new meat to grind with limitless tasks. The goal is $$$ for the Senior VPs, not for the minions.

Keep your 'teams' on the same page within themselves at least. Use proper reasons on your separation notice before filing with the DOL. Realize that your employees are human.

Worked for The Impact Partnership? Contribute to the Community!