The Impact Partnership

Stephen Odom

Great Opportunity with Creative Freedoms

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in the marketing department with the video team has been an incredible opportunity. The creative freedom that is given for each project allows you to develop an array of skills. From shooting, editing, and producing, the experience is nonetheless positive, and I look forward to coming into work each day to learn something new.

Cons

The Impact Partnership is growing tremendously which is a positive problem to have, and with the growth comes in need of room for equipment.

Create a specific large storage area for photography and video equipment.

Don't Be Fooled by "The Energy Bus"

I worked at The Impact Partnership

Pros

There are good people that work for Impact who deserve better. I can definitely say the one pro was being able to meet and work with several talented and supportive people.

Cons

The root of the issues at Impact is that the company is owned by a tight knit group of ruthless business men who want to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible. As a result, their employees suffer and they couldn't care less. They focus on promoting a "positive" culture (and make every employee read "The Energy Bus"), but the irony is that the culture becomes more negative every day as employees are overworked, not supported by department management, and receive little to no praise. The only people who receive praise are those who are in leadership and those who suck up to leadership by drinking the “koolaid.” The business model at Impact is severely flawed - they focus on recruiting advisors at a lightning speed pace where they end up over promising what the company will be able to deliver. Due to the poor management in certain departments, the company ends up under delivering for their advisors and that leads to extremely negative conversations for those who have daily interactions with them. On top of this, there is absolutely no communication throughout the entire company, especially within the departments. The combination of all of these traits creates an environment that is negative, stressful, and extremely frustrating to the point where people dread coming to work - again, it's ironic that this is exactly the opposite of the "desired company culture" that the leaders try to promote.

Listen to your employees and don't punish them for expressing their frustrations/trying to improve the situation. The issues are rooted in poor management and not in employees that "aren't a good culture fit." There is a difference between "being negative" and being in touch with reality.

Creative freedom within a corporate environment

Current Employee - Video Producer
    Current Employee - Video Producer

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time

Pros

As a corporate creative, Impact is a great place to spread your wings. Very fast paced environment and you have to hit the ground running. I've been here for a few months now and my skill level in editing and film has already increased exponentially as well as my portfolio. Never a dull moment within the marketing team and everyone looks out for one another. The Senior VP's really take the time to make sure you're adjusting well. My title changed within a few months as well as my responsibilities and i've adjusted accordingly as well as getting positive feedback on my career path. The work load maybe overwhelming at times and takes up some of your social life but thats a personal choice i make and i make it because i love what i do. If i didn't i wouldn't be here. Impact has given me the creative freedom I need to gain experience and grow in the film industry.

Cons

As stated before, the workload maybe tough at times, but because its a growing start up they have many demands and expect the employees to be able to handle their own.

Start-Up Environment with Unbelievable Resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At The Impact Partnership, I've found the unique combination of coworkers who are excellent at what they do and expect that of others while also caring and generating a family environment. Since joining the team, we have grown exponentially as a company and my responsibilities and opportunities have done the same. I have had the opportunity to travel to client meetings across the country, speak in front of 60+ clients, and attend multi-day educational summits related to my field. Very few companies and leadership teams would have invested this much in me.

I really appreciate the team's positive attitude and the fact that everyone is constantly trying to improve their contribution. I have also met several people that I consider my friends even outside of work. There is a great collaborative environment within my department and the days honestly fly by.

As far as resources go, we just completed an amazing build out of our entire floor, complete with a video studio, several radio studios, and an additional break room. This is a company that does not hesitate to invest in the future and its employees as long as you are willing to invest in yourself.

Cons

As with any start-up environment, the inter-office communication could be improved. There is less of a work-life balance, but I personally have never been more fulfilled at a job. Everyone works extremely hard. Benefits could be improved, but are pretty standard.

BIGGEST CON: There is constantly food, cake, chicken minis, etc. in the office which I can't stop eating.

The Real Facts - Do Not Walk...Run

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only positive thing about this place is that if you work here, one day you will get to leave.

Cons

If you read any positive reviews on this company, it is from the company. This is the biggest joke of a company I've ever seen. Their leadership is an absolute joke...if you work here, you will constantly wonder how the management got to where they are today (it's because they are all buddies). You will get preached at literally and you must thank God in the meetings or you might get fired. The biggest thing I can tell you is that the management is a joke. They believe that they are the greatest thing ever. If any of these guys tried to go get a job with a real company, they wouldn't get hired, they're lucky that they have a sugar daddy who is funding the company and who they're all buddies with.

Felt micromanaged, put down, and over-worked every single moment.

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time

Pros

Worked with clients all around the country. Got to meet some amazing, talented people that deserve better and more recognition. What else...free coffee, I suppose?

Cons

This company is so slimy. Everything is put into the executive team's hands, and there is such a lack of transparency that it's pretty much every man for himself. This place is also EXTREMELY fake-nice all the time. If you don't start drinking the "Impact Kool-Aid" on the Energy Bus early, you're going to feel REALLY out of place.

My personal department is probably one of the most overworked groups in the company, and all of us felt it. HARD. There were ridiculous deadlines and demands all the time without any sort of recognition (the recognition will go to one of 4 people there, so if you do a good job expect one of them to get all the glory).

If you go work for this place, get ready to trade in your life for terrible pay and even worse hours.

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! They actually have some pretty good insight and ideas of how you can improve the operations.

Doomed from the Start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than an year)

Pros

"Start-Up" feel with great work/life balance. I was able to get my work done within business hours and enjoy my time off.

Cons

Leadership was apathetic and unhelpful, perhaps even non-existent. I participated in a phone interview, to which the president of the company, someone who was branching off from a company to which he dedicated extensive tenure to, pulled himself out with a few colleagues to begin The Impact Partnership, a competing IMO to the business he branched from. I was hired after an in-person interview with the President, the CEO and the VP of Sales.

I was hired before they even hit the ground running without a job title or job description. I came with a wide range of talents, such as copywriting and an extensive radio background, to which they knew they wanted to integrate into their departments and still with no job title, I was placed into the marketing department, where I worked with one graphic designer and the CMO, two people I hadn't even met prior to starting or even in the interview process. We had regular meetings with very little actual visions or clear communication about long term or short term projects. I accomplished all that was asked of me and worked to the best of my abilities without much support or communication from a rather disorganized upper management.

Following an involved and expensive event planning experience, I was let go because "They were dissatisfied with my performance" and if it were up to the CMO, he proclaimed, he wouldn't have even hired me on.

Well, who was at fault? The hard working employee, carrying on between the 3-person marketing department and administrative assistant tasks without a job title/description or was it the company who failed to establish a proper job description and outline their expectations in the first place?

Its clear that the business has continued to grow since my time there. My top-tier advice is to give employees a fair opportunity to succeed and utilize their talents to the company without waiting for that person to fail. Organization and constant communication are the key components to a successful business and even more successful employees.

Life Changing For My Family

Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - V P of Annuity Sales in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been in this industry for over 12 years and have been truly blessed to work for another great company throughout my career, which was an INC 500 company for 3 years in a row and one of the top companies in this industry. I thought for sure that I was going to spend the rest of my career there. Until the day I had the chance to become part of the team at Impact, I didn't just jump at the opportunity...I leaped!!! There is something really special about this young company. Impact with it's competitive; yet friendly working environment, makes you feel like you are a part of a family. Everyone is up beat and is always willing to help one another. Being that Impact is the fastest growing company in our industry, makes for ample opportunities for someone to grow their career here no matter if you are in marketing design, sales or operations.
         I have been here now for a year and have noticed one of the key factors that is a major contributor to our growth and success here, is the commitment and dedication that senior management gives to us the employees and our customers. I have never seen so much detail and passion that goes into the training of an employee to go out and be so prepared to compete with the high level competition we face everyday. Unfortunately, in this industry there is a lot of perception being "sold" out there; whereas here at Impact we truly partner up with our clients by bringing true value to help grow their business. The Impact Partnership is TRUE to it's name!

Cons

The sales and operation teams are required to be dressed business casual.

Being able to dress casual would be awesome as well as greatly appreciated.

Just what I was looking for and THANK YOU!

I have been working at The Impact Partnership full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Impact is easily the best place I have ever worked. Literally, THE best sales training, THE best opportunity, THE best group of employees I have ever encountered in one place.

I consider myself a salesman and I hold firmly the belief that I can sell anything. If you want to get paid for what you sell, Impact is the place!!

I am a better salesman now after being with Impact for over a year than I ever was before. Yes, it was tough in the beginning, but so is everything worth achieving...there's a learning curve, and if you're not ready to be a sponge and learn all you can and then apply it then you should look elsewhere.

The rewards of this career far outweigh any of the learning curve I had to go through in the beginning. My family is so much better off because of what I have been able to accomplish because of Impact.

I know first hand that all of the negative reviews on this page are from employees who didnt make it at Impact. The reason they are being so hard on Impact is only because they saw the opportunity here and FAILED to capitalize on it. If they were being honest you would hear them say that they regret not following through with what they started here.

I can't say "thank you" enough to the leaders of Impact for this opportunity!

Cons

I dont consider these "Cons" but they are what makes Impact tough for some...again if you DONT understand that big rewards take hard work then you'll never find a place that you love.

Longer hours: It's not 9-5, you dont punch a clock, we work hard and then we play hard. Can you say "BB Kings Orlando"?!

Coaching: If you want to improve you have to be okay with someone pointing out your weaknesses...we are all here to beat our competitors and bring the most value possible to our advisors...getting better is how you do that.

Young company: You get the excitement of being a part of something bigger than yourself and the flexibility of a new company, but there are some growing pains that go along with that. We will and are getting better every day, but some people like the 20,000+ employee companies where you have to include a cover sheet on all TPS reports.

Keep doing what you've done to make Impact great and never compromise who we are and what we do. I love how selective you are in bringing new people on board, keep doing that! You have literally changed this industry, changed the lives of my advisors and I again thank you for the opportunity.

Greatcompany with lots of earning potential

I worked at The Impact Partnership full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked a the Impact Partnership for 6 months, and I will say this is not a job for someone who is planning on cruising and slacking off. The sales training here is phenomenal- and the sales skills I learned here will stick with me forever. Everyone in upper management has great values, and every team member is fully committed to the success of the company. They are absolutely crushing the rest of the market. They are literally doing things that no one else in the industry is thinking about- and its only a matter of time before they are number 1. By the way- all these other negative reviews are people who got canned because they were not doing what was asked of them, or left because they couldn't handle the pressure. If you aren't ready to bust your tail and give everything that you have to this job- then you won't survive so don't waste your time.

Cons

Not much of a work/life balance- but if you want to get to the next level and launch a career that will pay off extremely well, then you are going to have to put in some extra effort anyways. I will say that the upper management pressures you to produce big numbers-but they are willing to work with you on anything that you are struggling with. Sure- some of the upper management can get so into your success that you start feeling the pressure- but that is only because they are so passionate about the company and helping you achieve a goal that even you thought you couldn't get to. Unfortunately for me, coming straight out of college, I didn't realize the opportunity laid out before me, and I cracked under the pressure.

Keep doing what you are doing-I will be forever thankful for the training I got here.