The Job Window

Updated October 9, 2014
Updated October 9, 2014
3.1

CEO

Fast paced & rewarding working environment with tons of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The corporate culture is what makes this company. Everyone is SO friendly, it's a casual working environment (so stuffy business suits are out and you can get away with wearing jeans every day), there's constant rewards and perks for doing a great job (which is something I love because it keeps me constantly motivated) and management has a complete open door policy where they really make you feel like your opinions do matter and that they really want to hear your suggestions so they can implement them and make the overall work environment better. Working here really gives you a sense that both management team members and co-workers want to see you succeed and they coach you constantly to do your absolute best.

Cons

The biggest challenge about working here is managing your time, resources and productivity in order to stand out and prove to management that you deserve a promotion. There are so many hardworking and competitive team members here that you really have to be organized and have the ability to multi-task to ensure your efficiency levels are optimal and that you can exceed projected daily goals to separate yourself from the crowd. There is a ton of room for growth here from entry-level to mid-level management positions, as well as new roles constantly opening up in other departments but in order to be considered you need to understand that handwork, dedication and rising to the top of the group is required to be recognized.

The constantly evolving training and incentive program is wonderful. Please keep this up! It's really helped me progress in this role and helped me understand what targets I need to hit in order to get to where I want to be (moving into a more mid-level management role)

Student scam

Former Employee - Student in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Student in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at The Job Window (less than an year)

Pros

There are none. 100% scam job that prays on recent grads.

Cons

I teach at a local university and this company is known to recruit students promising entry level marketing and PR jobs, when in reality it's a commission based job selling items in Sams club or going door to door selling items. The company is very dishonest in job postings and misleads young people in believing they are going to get experience in marketing and promotions.

Be honest in job descriptions.

Pyramid scheme

I worked at The Job Window full-time

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

Job Window is SCAM

I worked at The Job Window

Pros

NONE there is NOTHING good about this company. They lure people in thinking that they are about to get entry level jobs!

Cons

This career site is a RIP OFF! All it does is HIRE ANYONE who applys to walks around in Sams Club trying to get people to buy shittttt. Oh and it 100% commission!

Stop lying telling people that this is a marketing or public relations job!

Misleading company

Current Employee - Recruiter Or Administrative in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter Or Administrative in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job

- Good benefits and casual dress code which helps you save lots of money on work clothes.
    - It's good how they hire lots of people after post-secondary graduation; thus creating jobs.
    - I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job

Cons

I don't usually waste my time writing bad reviews but my experience is just beyond dissatisfied.

COMPANY STRUCTURE:
    - Lots of unethical practices just like the second comment mentioned below
    - makes up fake job titles for the same job position hoping to trick more people into applying
    - management very unorganized in terms of recruiting the right candidate for clients and tells employees to twists the truth to get people to come in for an interview
    - Very high employee turnover rate. At least 3-4 people quitting every month

PAY:
    - Very low pay for considering everyone is a fresh grad from post-secondary (minimum wage + commission). There was a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell. It's easy to make a lot off commission if you are given a good city to recruit for. Some cities bring in lots of candidates, giving you a lot of commission and some cities just don't produce a lot of candidates, which put you in a bad position with the CEO and management. Therefore, the structure isn't very fair.

lol

Walk in with call center hopes, & you won't be disappointed

I worked at The Job Window full-time

Pros

-One thing the company can do really well is bring together people who work well and personally get along with each other

Cons

- Alot of unethical operating standards and little accountability/interest taken in fixing/changing standards
    - call center environment
    - high turnover
    - high levels of obvious favoritism

- provide adequate resources so employees can achieve the bonuses you brag about during the interview process
    - stop being misleading with job postings
    - adjust recruiting for companies that require unethical screening
    - stop feeding the same "looking for people to grow with the company" speech to everyone who walks through your
      door, makes your employees feel less valuable, replaceable, and unmotivated

Fantastic Start!

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Before starting with Job Window I'd only worked part time jobs - same with just about everyone I'm working with. I like the atmosphere in the office. People are young and competitive with each other. I think in this job you need to be pretty outgoing, but because the company is so young, if you are outgoing and want to advance there's room to move up pretty quickly. Plus there are free snacks in the office - what's not to like about that! I've only been with the Job Window a few months, but I'm pretty excited to see where it leads.

Cons

I can’t think of any

Some Potential; Senior Management needs work

Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Job Window full-time

Pros

The recruiters working there are friendly and lovely to work with. It's a comfortable setting if you are ok with sitting all day for 8 hours

Cons

- literally on the phone 8 hours a day
    - pay is base or commission, however it is difficult to make commission depending on the market you are provided
    - borderlines cold calling -- you pretty much just book as many people as you can with little to no requirements or standards.
    - takes embellishing a job description to a whole new level. There is a standard pitch for every job no matter what job it is and very focused on numbers rather than quality

provide equal opportunity for training new recruiters on board, instead of watching their numbers after only a couple days on the phone.
    Provide better market and leads for recruiters to feel motivated to make those calls and bookings, otherwise it is difficult to motivate employees to make bookings when they know they are unable to make their quota

Great work experience!

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Job Window full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was a great company to work for after newly graduating from university. They offer full time hours with salary pay and bonus incentives on top of that. I gained lots of human resources experience that helped me further my career within The Job Window. Managers are very approachable with an open door policy making it a great work environment to be in.

Cons

A lot is expected of you but with the high expectations and persistency comes a high pay increase. If you are a motivated individual with a business oriented mindset and looking to grow in a company then this place is for you.

Great team environment with lots of growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Recruitment Team Leader in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Team Leader in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working at The Job Window for just over 9 months now, and got promoted after just over 3. It's a great team environment with a lot of friendly competition to keep things lively! Just next month I have been chosen to go on a company trip to Dallas and I am so looking forward to it! The hours are very flexible and benefits are offered. Because it is a growing company there really is A LOT of room for advancement and lots of opportunity!

Cons

Really not much, yes the days can get a little repetitive but because of the great team environment we are all able to keep each other hyped up!

Keep trusting that your employees can take on anything if the resources are support are provided!