The Jones Group

The Jones Group Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

The Jones Group President, CEO, and Director Wes Card

Wes Card

Pros
  • Great work life balance- everyone leaves at 5pm on the dot and summer Fridays year around(in 8 reviews)

• Good benefits (401K matching, medical/dental, wage works)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is aloof and not as involved in operations as they should be(in 9 reviews)

• many late days, lack of communication, too much politics(in 4 reviews)

Great learning experience, pay? not so much...

Product Development (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat way to learn the footwear and apparel business.

ConsLow employee morale. No room for growth in some areas and can sometimes be very political.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to invest in their employees and listen to them in order to keep them happy and retain them.

The corporate structure is solid, but your experience varies depending on the department/division you are in

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSolid HR department that has the employees best interest in mind

ConsSalaries are usually less than what the rest of the industry is offering

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to tell now that Sycamore has purchased the company. Tread cautiously in the next six months, I guess.

Worst professional experience I have ever had.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsStruggle to find any beside the product. Management is horrible.

ConsDistrict manager forced me to work because she was going to be in the store that day on the morning my Grandfather died.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The people that work for Jones in the field are the true driving force behind there sucess.

Store Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou were able to reach out to anyone in corporate if yu needed them

ConsWith so many diffrent dapartments there has always been a lack of communication with the field and no one in corporate was held accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat peolple with the same respect that you would want , it not easy operating a store when you are opening and closing by yourself based on the hours the company gives you , and still expect to give STARR service.

Good Company to Work for

ProsIt is a fairly good work environment. There are good benefits and vacation and personal time. We work standard hours.

ConsThere is a lack of advancement opportunities. Management does not communicate with employees well regarding the company.

It has been a descent experience working for what is now the Jones Apparel Group.

ProsAbility to learn and grow due to the large number for lines.

ConsNot easy to move around within the many companies under The Jones Apparel Group.

Rewarding work experience

ProsWell organized work environment for career driven individual

ConsCareer advancement and growth can be stagnant

Hot COLD HOT!

Store Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat relationship with DM/RSM
    Owning your own business
    Constant Change (pro and con) but I've been with the company for 7 plus years and nothing is the same as from when i first started
    Lots of growth , if you work hard for it
    Great pay ( Depending on location)

Cons-working 44 hours
    -no OT for SM
    -Payroll can be EXTREMELY tight

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Job listening to Store level associates… but those that are ready and willing for the next step should be the ones in corporate. You're loosing a lot of good people!

When a SM is working OT a floating holiday would be nice if it becomes excessive.

It was a great learning experience, nice environment.

Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat benefits; opportunity to travel; employee environment is nice, everyone is very friendly;

ConsToo many brands, so sometimes it doesn't feel like theres much support when needed; Company is going through major changes so theres not much room for growth right now;

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the needs of each brand.

this is not a place you want to work if your looking to grow or looking for a promotion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosi love my district manger when i was there.

Conspay is poor. no room to grow

Advice to Senior Managementthey have talented people working they need to recognize and pay them for all there hard work.

Worked for The Jones Group? Contribute to the Community!