The Kemtah Group

Good company

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, good people, good location

Cons

None found so far to date

A small company starting to grow with opportunities in national laboratories and the healthcare industry

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working on improving benefits
    Corporate office employees are reachable
    Participates in charitable events

Cons

Inconsistent leadership
    Lack of attention to detail in corporate practices
    Workers feel detached from corporate leadership

Recognize your employees skills and capabilities
    Improve hiring and retention, and compensation equity
    Provide training, especially to management

Toxic working environment. The bad reviews here are accurate.

I worked at The Kemtah Group

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

Take a position here is you are in desperate need of a paycheck and/or to build your resume, then promptly leave. The pay is low and the working environment is abysmal. If you can play the toxic, petty political game you will be able to keep a job and possibly get promoted. Skilled people in general do not stay here for this company will offer nothing to them. Beware of those people that fear losing their job and will make themselves look good at your expense.

Listen to your employees-there is a reason for the turnover and why skilled talented people refuse to stay.

Kemtah in OKC

Former Employee - Senior Field Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Field Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- A Paycheck. Really about it
    - Drink the Kool-Aid and you get advancement

Cons

- Blatant and flagrant violation of workman compensation laws.
    - Micro management
    - Disconnect between employees and manager
    - workplace harassment

None that would make a difference. The company has no regard for their employees, HR violates EEOC regulation on a regular basis.

Great company to work for, they value their employees

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for, they value their employees, give annual raises

Cons

None really, even paid for my team to have a fun outing!

Keep up the good work

Poor management and VERY LOW morale and very low and uneven pay in Oklahoma City

Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time

Pros

They only good thing are the members of the tech staff (the ones who do the work). They know what to do and get to work doing it. Despite the adverse and often hostile environment, the more experienced techs are very good to one another and will generously help train new team members and they care about the quality of work they do!

Cons

Pay is low and not fairly proportioned between experienced and new employees. Managers are slow to give support, but eager to micro-manage. Big turn over in technicians and managers alike. Managers don't understand the priorities of the client as well as the technicians! Technology work areas are disorganized and poorly kept.

Management should back off the micro-managing and let the experienced team members do their job and lead the others. Managers should praise the team members that are left and RAISING THE PAY OF EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES IS A MUST if management really wants to gain back respect. It shows lack of integrity when employers come in to Oklahoma thinking they can pay us less because of some stereotype. Management should take issue with the client when a technician has been wronged or treated unfairly. If management doesn't start supporting their teams, more techs will surely leave. Management needs to do better giving the resources needed for technicians to do their jobs. Current management seems to lack to ability and the power to get these things corrected.

High Stress, Lots of Politics, Low Pay For The Work.

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Kemtah owns several major contracts (at least at the time of this writing) which means LOTS of jobs.

Cons

They have absolutely no problems letting people go and WILL fire you for little or no reason. Employees rarely stay much longer than a year or two before either moving on or being let go. I worked there for nearly 5 years and I was the only employee left that was still there of the people I worked with when I was hired.

Whether you stay employed or are let go depends VERY much on WHO you know and how friendly you are with upper management, and almost NOTHING on how well you do your job or how skilled you are.

They are a contract company, and if the contract you are working for makes any complaint about you they DO NOT investigate. They WILL NOT back you up. They WILL fire you. So don't mess up.

The pay compared with other tech companies is abysmal. Your starting wage with Kemtah will likely be between $12-$15 an hour. They say they give annual raises but in the nearly 5 years I worked there I never saw anyone get a raise, and the only reason I ever saw one was due to promotions. I never once received an annual raised based on performance.

Instead of rotating all of your employees in and out at the drop of the hat, fight to keep the ones you have. Lead by example. Hold your employees up and let them know that they are valued. Every day that I worked for Kemtah I felt expendable and I ultimately was.

Low pay and toxic politics, but room for advancement.

Former Employee - Project Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Project Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Kemtah Group is a good place to start a career as they have flexible positions that allow a non-experienced job candidate to prove their worth in a professional environment. After one gets a position in the company, a combination of good job performance and assertiveness can allow a person to advance to higher positions according to their ambitions.

Cons

The pay scale at all levels of employment at this company is well below industry standards. Also, as a contractor, they tend to develop toxic political relationships with their clients, making it difficult to get work done while collaborating with the client's employees.

Raise client prices for services with the assurance of higher quality work, and then pass part of that profit on to employees at all levels. This will ensure better performance from employees and, in turn, better client relations.

Functional but far from perfect

Current Employee - Computer HelpDesk in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Computer HelpDesk in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and flexible schedules for everyone

Cons

No pride in making things better, ok with meeting the bare minimum

Effort! Don't take too many coffee breaks and long lunches!

better than flipping burgers

Current Employee - Phones in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Phones in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a job. They have no problem plugging people into positions(the correct people for the position is another story). The paychecks are always on time. Im really reaching for something good to say, other than its a job.

Cons

Everything else, aside from being employed.

Upward mobility: Is as fictitious as elves that bake cookies all day. The company will promise you chances, yet in reality there really aren’t any chances. Even for the people that do get to move around, they don’t progress at all, they just have a different place to sit.

Raises? Since the two managers that take care of Rancho Cordova area are more elusive than those cookie baking elves, it’s hard to get an answer about getting a raise.

Managers: They ignore emails, refuse to give the 90 day review as planned when first brought on, they don’t care enough about the people that work for them to learn their names(even after 6 months of employment, a friend was called by the wrong name for 2 days by Reeves).

Rate of Pay: They are accurate with the fact that they pay "competitive wages". When you compare what a person makes when flipping burgers, this place wins hands down. I think the big problem is that the home office of this company is in NM, so they go off of what is a decent wage there. Never taking into account the fact that cost of living here in CA is quite a bit higher than in NM. $17.50 for level 2 help desk is hardly competitive, while in Sacramento.

Let’s put a cherry on top of this ranting. Just last week, rather than have the managers pay attention to their workers to see who is a good fit, and who is not. They forced everyone to reapply for their jobs, then let over a half dozen of these people go, less than a week before Christmas. That right there shows what level of care they have for their employees, ZERO!

Beware of this contractor, sure it’s better than nothing, but only use this company as a fail-safe. The moment a different door opens for me, I will happily walk away from this company with my middle fingers held high.

HAHA.. You are management, should you really be looking here for advice on how to do your jobs? Huh... sorry for laughing, on second thought, maybe you should be reading this. You both need all the help you can get.

learn your employees names
    at least try to act like you care
    how can you manage people that you dont have contact with?
    why should employees have to track you two down to get help with something? when someone asks their managers for help, it generally means they need assistance with something. Most of us can stay at home and get ignored by our kids or significant other, if thats what we wanted.

save 7% by changing the pay periods around? how about handing some of those savings down, to the people that are affected by the change?