The Kemtah Group

CEO

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kemtah really cares about its employees and always want to do "the right thing". They are a growing Company with lots of opportunities for advancement. I feel valued and respected and can discuss openly with my Manager, any problems or concerns that I might have. I appreciate that they understand that "life happens" and are flexible with family commitments

Cons

They are experiencing some growing pains as they try to build the infrastructure for the size of Company they are planning on becoming.

Standardize salary bands and provide paid for training courses for their employees. Have better systems

Good company

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, good people, good location

Cons

None found so far to date

A small company starting to grow with opportunities in national laboratories and the healthcare industry

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working on improving benefits
    Corporate office employees are reachable
    Participates in charitable events

Cons

Inconsistent leadership
    Lack of attention to detail in corporate practices
    Workers feel detached from corporate leadership

Recognize your employees skills and capabilities
    Improve hiring and retention, and compensation equity
    Provide training, especially to management

Toxic working environment. The bad reviews here are accurate.

I worked at The Kemtah Group

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

Take a position here is you are in desperate need of a paycheck and/or to build your resume, then promptly leave. The pay is low and the working environment is abysmal. If you can play the toxic, petty political game you will be able to keep a job and possibly get promoted. Skilled people in general do not stay here for this company will offer nothing to them. Beware of those people that fear losing their job and will make themselves look good at your expense.

Listen to your employees-there is a reason for the turnover and why skilled talented people refuse to stay.

Kemtah in OKC

Former Employee - Senior Field Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Field Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- A Paycheck. Really about it
    - Drink the Kool-Aid and you get advancement

Cons

- Blatant and flagrant violation of workman compensation laws.
    - Micro management
    - Disconnect between employees and manager
    - workplace harassment

None that would make a difference. The company has no regard for their employees, HR violates EEOC regulation on a regular basis.

Poor management and VERY LOW morale and very low and uneven pay in Oklahoma City

Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time

Pros

They only good thing are the members of the tech staff (the ones who do the work). They know what to do and get to work doing it. Despite the adverse and often hostile environment, the more experienced techs are very good to one another and will generously help train new team members and they care about the quality of work they do!

Cons

Pay is low and not fairly proportioned between experienced and new employees. Managers are slow to give support, but eager to micro-manage. Big turn over in technicians and managers alike. Managers don't understand the priorities of the client as well as the technicians! Technology work areas are disorganized and poorly kept.

Management should back off the micro-managing and let the experienced team members do their job and lead the others. Managers should praise the team members that are left and RAISING THE PAY OF EXPERIENCED EMPLOYEES IS A MUST if management really wants to gain back respect. It shows lack of integrity when employers come in to Oklahoma thinking they can pay us less because of some stereotype. Management should take issue with the client when a technician has been wronged or treated unfairly. If management doesn't start supporting their teams, more techs will surely leave. Management needs to do better giving the resources needed for technicians to do their jobs. Current management seems to lack to ability and the power to get these things corrected.

Great company to work for, they value their employees

I have been working at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, they value their employees, give annual raises

Cons

None really, even paid for my team to have a fun outing!

Keep up the good work

High Stress, Lots of Politics, Low Pay For The Work.

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Kemtah owns several major contracts (at least at the time of this writing) which means LOTS of jobs.

Cons

They have absolutely no problems letting people go and WILL fire you for little or no reason. Employees rarely stay much longer than a year or two before either moving on or being let go. I worked there for nearly 5 years and I was the only employee left that was still there of the people I worked with when I was hired.

Whether you stay employed or are let go depends VERY much on WHO you know and how friendly you are with upper management, and almost NOTHING on how well you do your job or how skilled you are.

They are a contract company, and if the contract you are working for makes any complaint about you they DO NOT investigate. They WILL NOT back you up. They WILL fire you. So don't mess up.

The pay compared with other tech companies is abysmal. Your starting wage with Kemtah will likely be between $12-$15 an hour. They say they give annual raises but in the nearly 5 years I worked there I never saw anyone get a raise, and the only reason I ever saw one was due to promotions. I never once received an annual raised based on performance.

Instead of rotating all of your employees in and out at the drop of the hat, fight to keep the ones you have. Lead by example. Hold your employees up and let them know that they are valued. Every day that I worked for Kemtah I felt expendable and I ultimately was.

Low pay and toxic politics, but room for advancement.

Former Employee - Project Technician in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Project Technician in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at The Kemtah Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Kemtah Group is a good place to start a career as they have flexible positions that allow a non-experienced job candidate to prove their worth in a professional environment. After one gets a position in the company, a combination of good job performance and assertiveness can allow a person to advance to higher positions according to their ambitions.

Cons

The pay scale at all levels of employment at this company is well below industry standards. Also, as a contractor, they tend to develop toxic political relationships with their clients, making it difficult to get work done while collaborating with the client's employees.

Raise client prices for services with the assurance of higher quality work, and then pass part of that profit on to employees at all levels. This will ensure better performance from employees and, in turn, better client relations.

Functional but far from perfect

Current Contractor - Computer HelpDesk in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Contractor - Computer HelpDesk in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at The Kemtah Group as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and flexible schedules for everyone

Cons

No pride in making things better, ok with meeting the bare minimum

Effort! Don't take too many coffee breaks and long lunches!