The LaSalle Network

www.thelasallenetwork.com

The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Tom Gimbel

Cool company, great place to work

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLaSalle was a really cool company--everyone who works there genuinely seemed to LIKE what they do, and really like who they worked with! There were so many positive celebrations, awards, recognitions of employees doing well...they know how to motivate and they actually cared about me as a person, not just as an employee.

I've worked at another company and it was quite the opposite, culture wise. People didn't know their co-workers names, there was no recognition...it was just 8-5, clock in and clock out.

LaSalle is a place where if you put in the effort, you receive results (money, promotions etc.) and I think that's a pretty rare thing these days.

I left because I wanted to get out of recruiting, and more into the HR field. LaSalle helped me find a job!! An employer who helps you find a job when you tell them you are looking to leave for different opportunities? Does that happen!? Because it did to me. I'm very grateful for that...it was a very amicable departure.

ConsThere is no match for 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing--motivating people by acknowledging when someone is working hard, trying to improve etc. Don't get too big where you forget how important that is..it works!

Extremely positive, LaSalle Network has provided me with a lot of growth and professional opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEnergetic and enthusiastic company culture. Constant support from direct leadership and management, including an extremely involved CEO. Hands on experience with guidance but room to be independent and the autonomy to make your own decisions to be the best you can be. Work/life integration, LaSalle Network welcomes you like family and gets to know your family and life interests outside of work. LaSalle Network also throws some of the best company parties in the city of Chicago! Competitive compensation, you are rewarded for your work and ability to produce. Internal promotion and growth, I have been promoted and encouraged to take on new challenges and new opportunities.

ConsThe only con would be for those employees who do not want to work hard and for those who prefer to be average. You have to work hard to be good at your job at LaSalle Network and to make it because the entire company is made up of employees who are extremely motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

LOL

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAfter working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

ConsThis is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place."

-No 401k

-If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

ConsWhen it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

Prosa job when I needed immediate help

Consno trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers.
    Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc)
    Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track
    a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money
    Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas
    Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing)
    Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

ConsNot LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

Could be a lot more proactive finding placement for their recruits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPrompt payday paycheck, even will go to your assignment location to hand deliver your paycheck to you.

ConsNot proactive at all about placing you in a full time position. I was placed in a temporary position in an assignment that lasted 8 months. During that time, I was never contacted by LaSalle about any full time opportunities available. When I followed up with them I was given the runaround saying 'we'll get back to you if anything opens up.' Nothing in 8 months time?

Very Good

Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere is never a problem will getting paid on time. The staff was very supportive. Gave me a chance when I had limited experience. Placed me with an excellent company that I enjoyed working for. Kept in contact with me to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied in the position.

ConsThey been unable to place me with another assignment in the last several months. They are limited in the number of connections that they possess to obtain the assignments. At times it is difficult to contact staffing managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on obtaining assignments that have less certification requirements for the amount of money that your clients are willing to pay.

Sweatshop

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTheir locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

ConsThey hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more than minimum wage

Duped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople pretend to care. Everybody likes each other because they all buy into the stupid company culture bs and think the CEO is god. So mindless number slaves partake in a beautiful, stepford like atmosphere where everyone is greeted with a Xanax smile and a warm cup of joe. Short, tight dresses and 5 inch stilettos worn by 22-30 year old girls who all speak in the same voice while making 100s of calls a day. Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

ConsAbsolutely awful. They lie, totally unprofessional. Do not work here PLEASE if you have a brain and are able to think for yourself. If not, you'll love it. Not the place for educated, self-thinkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage? Time management? Prevent employee breakdowns BECAUSE YOU CARE so much

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!