The LaSalle Network

The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Tom Gimbel

LOL

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsAfter working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

ConsThis is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place."

-No 401k

-If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

ConsWhen it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers.
    Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc)
    Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track
    a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money
    Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas
    Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing)
    Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

ConsNot LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)
    Downers Grove, IL

Prosa job when I needed immediate help

Consno trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

Very Good

Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThere is never a problem will getting paid on time. The staff was very supportive. Gave me a chance when I had limited experience. Placed me with an excellent company that I enjoyed working for. Kept in contact with me to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied in the position.

ConsThey been unable to place me with another assignment in the last several months. They are limited in the number of connections that they possess to obtain the assignments. At times it is difficult to contact staffing managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on obtaining assignments that have less certification requirements for the amount of money that your clients are willing to pay.

Could be a lot more proactive finding placement for their recruits

Chicago, IL

ProsPrompt payday paycheck, even will go to your assignment location to hand deliver your paycheck to you.

ConsNot proactive at all about placing you in a full time position. I was placed in a temporary position in an assignment that lasted 8 months. During that time, I was never contacted by LaSalle about any full time opportunities available. When I followed up with them I was given the runaround saying 'we'll get back to you if anything opens up.' Nothing in 8 months time?

Sweatshop

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsTheir locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

ConsThey hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more than minimum wage

Duped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople pretend to care. Everybody likes each other because they all buy into the stupid company culture bs and think the CEO is god. So mindless number slaves partake in a beautiful, stepford like atmosphere where everyone is greeted with a Xanax smile and a warm cup of joe. Short, tight dresses and 5 inch stilettos worn by 22-30 year old girls who all speak in the same voice while making 100s of calls a day. Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

ConsAbsolutely awful. They lie, totally unprofessional. Do not work here PLEASE if you have a brain and are able to think for yourself. If not, you'll love it. Not the place for educated, self-thinkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage? Time management? Prevent employee breakdowns BECAUSE YOU CARE so much

All that glitters is NOT gold!

ProsCompany parties (if your invited). Free things or food for random work events. Some really great people work there but not for long! High turn over!

ConsThere is no work life balance! If your a "PM" or "recruiter" it is even frowned upon to take lunch. All the titles are fake! You work 13hr days (if not more) in a call center environment, you must make a certain number of calls or schedule interviews. All LaSalle is concerned about is the bottom line, so you're either bringing in money or your out! Don't fall for the line of, "we promote within." Save yourself the hassle and burn out look else where! Benefits are pretty much non existent! Don't even go for an interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within on merit, not just b/c you like someone. Have an executive board that is actually talented and experienced instead of one filled with people that have been there since the beginning and your friends with.

Oak Brook location

Oak Brook, IL

ProsAppearance seemed somewhat professional and attentive

ConsI am a job seeker and used this as a temp agency. I was referred to this branch by the Chicago location since I am located in the burbs and didn't want to go to the downtown branch. The women are around their 20s-30s and the main recruiter has yet to respond back to me even after leaving her a voicemail once and tried to get in touch with her prior by email and phone, but she's always unavailable. Never received the assessments from her or anyone else that interviewed me (1 other girl/woman interviewed me). There was no mention of the assessments until I brought it up. I would try the downtown Chicago branch, they are more attentive and easily able to reach, stay clear from this branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more attentive & available. At least respond back via email acknowledging that you received my messages from your voicemail or email.

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The LaSalle Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The LaSalle Network CEO Tom Gimbel. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by The LaSalle Network employees.