The LaSalle Network

www.thelasallenetwork.com

The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Tom Gimbel

The company culture is incomparable in how it encourages, appreciates, and empowers staff

ProsInternal staff is the greatest part of working at LaSalle. Everyone works hard together, and celebrates successes as if they are their own like a true team. We are given the opportunity to learn new skills, attend courses, and come back to the office and apply those practices. Management cares about staff and has empathy, and most importantly, we have fun celebrating. LaSalle is truly a great place to work just as all the awards its received describe it to be.

ConsI don't have anything to add to this.

The LaSalle Network Manager, Marketing & Communications responded to this review

Jul 22, 2014

Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Future LaSallians - Great Company!

ProsThe office culture is second to none, and is very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. This is a talented, competitive and hungry group of individuals making a name for this company in the staffing industry and I am proud to be a part of it.

It’s important to understand that LaSalle is what you make of it. If you come in every day and give 100%, your efforts and successes do not go unnoticed. If you stumble, there is always someone there to lift you up. There are countless opportunities to train and grow professionally but the key is you have to want it. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth and upward mobility within the organization as displayed by many of our executives who have started with LaSalle as fresh grads which is definitely saying something! They know the highs, the lows and everything in between making them great leaders of this organization. This is an outstanding company and a great placed to start and continue a career!

ConsThis is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone. Depending on the environment you see yourself in, this could be right up your alley or not even in the ball park.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The open communication and feedback we receive is so beneficial to each and everyone's growth and development. In my career here, I have never felt like there has been a problem too small to bring to the attention of management and they are willing to engage and make time when ever needed both professionally and personally.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights!

Recommended for those who do not mind temping indefinitely.

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThey found me a position within 12 days of my interview! The company I was sent to work for was clean, in a safe area, and the management and staff were friendly!

ConsLaSalle kept telling me they were negotiating for my permanent hire with the company... even though management within the company told me directly that NO HIRING was being done this year. So I would have remained a temp for at least 2 years... IF I didn't get let go, as the company went through 4 rounds of firings while I was there.

When I was making the decision to leave (based on long commute, goals, under-payment, lack of possible advancement, etc...) I kept my LaSalle partner informed A WHOLE MONTH AND A HALF out from when I finally left. I also completed a full 2 weeks notice, except for the very last day as I had 2 job interviews that could not be moved. AND EVEN THEN I called several hours before my start time to give a professional warning and apology.

What I learned is that when you are partnered with LaSalle, it's all encouragement and teamwork. But if you decide to leave a position, you can forget about using their services in the future or even receiving A PHONE CALL or EMAIL back when you leave repeated messages for your previous 'partners.'

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest about job advancement prospects. And if partners have to move on, especially if they keep you graciously and professionally informed, don't treat them like traitors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, and great group of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-office culture is great, very young group
    -interacting with everyone was great

ConsI was paid pretty low starting out, but they seem to have compensation as you move up.

Jun 27, 2014

Thanks for sharing!

They just don't get it

ProsYou will get a good laugh after hearing their sales pitch about how "honest" they are with you.

ConsThey simply do not know each candidate's identity. In college, I was a finance and accounting major. I went to them a few years after graduation and they window-dressed a customer service job as some sort of fancy, entry-level accounting position. PURE SCUM. STAY FAR AWAY

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a pair and be honest if you don't have anything to offer to you clients.

Culture Above All Else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

ConsThe company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax on the company culture aspect a little bit

Very nice people who do a good job at making temps feel valued

Contract Temp Employee (Former Employee) Itasca, IL

ProsEveryone I interacted with at this company when I worked for them as a temp was very friendly and helpful. In many ways they treated me as if I was a customer - unlike other temp agencies that act like they are doing you a favor. For example, I did not sign up for direct deposit and Kitty came to my location EVERY WEEK to hand deliver my check. I'd recommend this agency to anyone who's having trouble finding steady work. They placed me with a great company where I am still happily employed today.

ConsThey do offer benefits, but the benefits are pricey and not good. That said, I wouldn't expect a good benefits package from a temp agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying true to your culture - it's a differentiator in the marketplace.

Jun 27, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your experience with LaSalle!

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office culture is great. Youthful environment. Project management team consists of amazing women who are passionate about their jobs. Overall, a great experience.

ConsThere was a high-turnaround of Recruiters. Most are college students or recent grads trying to making a paycheck. The pay was low. There were no opportunities to move up from a Recruiter level considering most of us were only temp-to-hire employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Recruiters to be considered and feel an active part of the team.

Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

ConsI personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

Love LaSalle!

Marketing & Public Relations (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLaSalle hires intelligent, hard working and genuinely nice people. I enjoy working with every single one of my colleagues and know that they would go above and beyond for me, both personally and professionally. Senior management is accessible and rewards you for your hard work. They provide opportunities for growth and development and genuinely want you to succeed.

ConsStaffing is a tough industry. To succeed it takes hard work and long hours, and if it's not right for you, it's definitely not right for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the open communciation and continue rewarding employees for their hard work...it keeps us coming back for more!

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!