The LaSalle Network

www.thelasallenetwork.com

The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Tom Gimbel

Future LaSallians - Great Company!

ProsThe office culture is second to none, and is very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. This is a talented, competitive and hungry group of individuals making a name for this company in the staffing industry and I am proud to be a part of it.

It’s important to understand that LaSalle is what you make of it. If you come in every day and give 100%, your efforts and successes do not go unnoticed. If you stumble, there is always someone there to lift you up. There are countless opportunities to train and grow professionally but the key is you have to want it. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth and upward mobility within the organization as displayed by many of our executives who have started with LaSalle as fresh grads which is definitely saying something! They know the highs, the lows and everything in between making them great leaders of this organization. This is an outstanding company and a great placed to start and continue a career!

ConsThis is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone. Depending on the environment you see yourself in, this could be right up your alley or not even in the ball park.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The open communication and feedback we receive is so beneficial to each and everyone's growth and development. In my career here, I have never felt like there has been a problem too small to bring to the attention of management and they are willing to engage and make time when ever needed both professionally and personally.

The company culture is incomparable in how it encourages, appreciates, and empowers staff

ProsInternal staff is the greatest part of working at LaSalle. Everyone works hard together, and celebrates successes as if they are their own like a true team. We are given the opportunity to learn new skills, attend courses, and come back to the office and apply those practices. Management cares about staff and has empathy, and most importantly, we have fun celebrating. LaSalle is truly a great place to work just as all the awards its received describe it to be.

ConsI don't have anything to add to this.

Very nice people who do a good job at making temps feel valued

Contract Temp Employee (Former Employee) Itasca, IL

ProsEveryone I interacted with at this company when I worked for them as a temp was very friendly and helpful. In many ways they treated me as if I was a customer - unlike other temp agencies that act like they are doing you a favor. For example, I did not sign up for direct deposit and Kitty came to my location EVERY WEEK to hand deliver my check. I'd recommend this agency to anyone who's having trouble finding steady work. They placed me with a great company where I am still happily employed today.

ConsThey do offer benefits, but the benefits are pricey and not good. That said, I wouldn't expect a good benefits package from a temp agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue staying true to your culture - it's a differentiator in the marketplace.

The LaSalle Network Manager, Marketing & Communications responded to this review

Jun 27, 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed your experience with LaSalle!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

ConsI personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

Cool company, great place to work

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLaSalle was a really cool company--everyone who works there genuinely seemed to LIKE what they do, and really like who they worked with! There were so many positive celebrations, awards, recognitions of employees doing well...they know how to motivate and they actually cared about me as a person, not just as an employee.

I've worked at another company and it was quite the opposite, culture wise. People didn't know their co-workers names, there was no recognition...it was just 8-5, clock in and clock out.

LaSalle is a place where if you put in the effort, you receive results (money, promotions etc.) and I think that's a pretty rare thing these days.

I left because I wanted to get out of recruiting, and more into the HR field. LaSalle helped me find a job!! An employer who helps you find a job when you tell them you are looking to leave for different opportunities? Does that happen!? Because it did to me. I'm very grateful for that...it was a very amicable departure.

ConsThere is no match for 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing--motivating people by acknowledging when someone is working hard, trying to improve etc. Don't get too big where you forget how important that is..it works!

Extremely positive, LaSalle Network has provided me with a lot of growth and professional opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsEnergetic and enthusiastic company culture. Constant support from direct leadership and management, including an extremely involved CEO. Hands on experience with guidance but room to be independent and the autonomy to make your own decisions to be the best you can be. Work/life integration, LaSalle Network welcomes you like family and gets to know your family and life interests outside of work. LaSalle Network also throws some of the best company parties in the city of Chicago! Competitive compensation, you are rewarded for your work and ability to produce. Internal promotion and growth, I have been promoted and encouraged to take on new challenges and new opportunities.

ConsThe only con would be for those employees who do not want to work hard and for those who prefer to be average. You have to work hard to be good at your job at LaSalle Network and to make it because the entire company is made up of employees who are extremely motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

Love LaSalle!

Marketing & Public Relations (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLaSalle hires intelligent, hard working and genuinely nice people. I enjoy working with every single one of my colleagues and know that they would go above and beyond for me, both personally and professionally. Senior management is accessible and rewards you for your hard work. They provide opportunities for growth and development and genuinely want you to succeed.

ConsStaffing is a tough industry. To succeed it takes hard work and long hours, and if it's not right for you, it's definitely not right for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the open communciation and continue rewarding employees for their hard work...it keeps us coming back for more!

LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

ConsWhen it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers.
    Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc)
    Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track
    a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money
    Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas
    Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing)
    Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

ConsNot LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

Happy LaSallian!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFun, vibrant corporate culture. "LaSallians" want to work hard and we genuinely want each other to succeed. I know I can always count on my team mates. We think out-of- the-box and find creative solutions for our clients. We have a great work/life balance and are always up for having a good time!

ConsWe don't have company match to our 401k plan. That's the only "con" that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! There are so many of us that love working here and love the direction the company is growing.

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!