The LaSalle Network Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • Many employees are hard working and good at what they do (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

1. Happy LaSallian!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, vibrant corporate culture. "LaSallians" want to work hard and we genuinely want each other to succeed. I know I can always count on my team mates. We think out-of- the-box and find creative solutions for our clients. We have a great work/life balance and are always up for having a good time!

Cons

We don't have company match to our 401k plan. That's the only "con" that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! There are so many of us that love working here and love the direction the company is growing.

2. Great place to work!

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Intelligent and hard working staff: most people here are educated, smart, have an incredible work ethic, and care for/go above and beyond for their peers and coworkers. Great culture: working hard is rewarded, plus staff feels appreciated (parties, anniversary recognition, training, etc) Career advancement: relatively clear promotion track a lot of money to be made: work hard and if you're good at your job, you'll make great money Managers: many of whom have been in your shoes and all can provide training and development, as well as "outside the box" ideas Great retention and longevity (espeically for staffing) Great internal HR: LaSalle's internal HR team will blow you away... friendly, always available, great with employee relations.

Cons

Not LaSalle's fault, but staffing is just a roller coaster ride and not for everyone. It takes a tough person with thick skin in this industry.

Advice to Management

Managers are great - continue and develop the internal promotion track, it's very motivating!

3. LaSalle Network is a fast-paced, fun, team environment.

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

Great training, fun company and people, real team/family feel. 'You get out what you put in' .

Cons

When it isn't for you, it really is not for you.

Advice to Management

Higher up managers should do reviews of the lowest level managers by speaking with those on their team for real feedback. General team employees may have ideas or suggestions that are team-specific or manager specific that they may feel uncomfortable speaking with their direct manager about. Those at the 'top' should not lose their communication with those at the 'bottom'. It also helps improve the 'middle'.

5. Love LaSalle!

Current Employee - Marketing & Public Relations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing & Public Relations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle hires intelligent, hard working and genuinely nice people. I enjoy working with every single one of my colleagues and know that they would go above and beyond for me, both personally and professionally. Senior management is accessible and rewards you for your hard work. They provide opportunities for growth and development and genuinely want you to succeed.

Cons

Staffing is a tough industry. To succeed it takes hard work and long hours, and if it's not right for you, it's definitely not right for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communciation and continue rewarding employees for their hard work...it keeps us coming back for more!

6. Extremely positive, LaSalle Network has provided me with a lot of growth and professional opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Energetic and enthusiastic company culture. Constant support from direct leadership and management, including an extremely involved CEO. Hands on experience with guidance but room to be independent and the autonomy to make your own decisions to be the best you can be. Work/life integration, LaSalle Network welcomes you like family and gets to know your family and life interests outside of work. LaSalle Network also throws some of the best company parties in the city of Chicago! Competitive compensation, you are rewarded for your work and ability to produce. Internal promotion and growth, I have been promoted and encouraged to take on new challenges and new opportunities.

Cons

The only con would be for those employees who do not want to work hard and for those who prefer to be average. You have to work hard to be good at your job at LaSalle Network and to make it because the entire company is made up of employees who are extremely motivated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Cool company, great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LaSalle was a really cool company--everyone who works there genuinely seemed to LIKE what they do, and really like who they worked with! There were so many positive celebrations, awards, recognitions of employees doing well...they know how to motivate and they actually cared about me as a person, not just as an employee. I've worked at another company and it was quite the opposite, culture wise. People didn't know their co-workers names, there was no recognition...it was just 8-5, clock in and clock out. LaSalle is a place where if you put in the effort, you receive results (money, promotions etc.) and I think that's a pretty rare thing these days. I left because I wanted to get out of recruiting, and more into the HR field. LaSalle helped me find a job!! An employer who helps you find a job when you tell them you are looking to leave for different opportunities? Does that happen!? Because it did to me. I'm very grateful for that...it was a very amicable departure.

Cons

There is no match for 401k.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing--motivating people by acknowledging when someone is working hard, trying to improve etc. Don't get too big where you forget how important that is..it works!

8. Tremendous growth potential both as a company and on an individual professional level.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A company culture where you can rely on and trust the person sitting next to you. A culture of peers that challenge each other and don't accept anything less than your best effort and expect a positive attitude, but understand when you've got stuff going on outside of your career. A senior management layer that is hands on, nurturing, and approachable. Vacation and compensation are generous, but the onus is on you to produce using the tools that you have available to you (continuing education, training, weekly meetings to discuss issues/successes with management and as a company). There are a lot of performance based incentives and tons of company outings.

Cons

I personally do not see any cons with the organization. However, I know from being in the industry for 3 years now that recruiting is not for everyone. Employees who have left or had a bad experience here have complained primarily about long hours, but in my evaluation those are people that expected a 9-5. The fact of the matter is, if you want to punch a clock, there are plenty of places for you to go do that. LaSalle Network is not one of those places. With that being said, we're not killing ourselves 60-90 hours per week. Most employees are in from 7:45 - 6:00 which is not even close to the type of long hours that many other sectors see as a normal aspect of the career path.

Advice to Management

One of the greatest qualities about life at LaSalle Network is that if I do have any advice for Management, I can walk into their office and give it to them in person. So my only advice here is don't ever let that change.

9. The company culture is incomparable in how it encourages, appreciates, and empowers staff

Pros

Internal staff is the greatest part of working at LaSalle. Everyone works hard together, and celebrates successes as if they are their own like a true team. We are given the opportunity to learn new skills, attend courses, and come back to the office and apply those practices. Management cares about staff and has empathy, and most importantly, we have fun celebrating. LaSalle is truly a great place to work just as all the awards its received describe it to be.

Cons

I don't have anything to add to this.

Jul 22, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

10. Future LaSallians - Great Company!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

The office culture is second to none, and is very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. This is a talented, competitive and hungry group of individuals making a name for this company in the staffing industry and I am proud to be a part of it. It’s important to understand that LaSalle is what you make of it. If you come in every day and give 100%, your efforts and successes do not go unnoticed. If you stumble, there is always someone there to lift you up. There are countless opportunities to train and grow professionally but the key is you have to want it. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth and upward mobility within the organization as displayed by many of our executives who have started with LaSalle as fresh grads which is definitely saying something! They know the highs, the lows and everything in between making them great leaders of this organization. This is an outstanding company and a great placed to start and continue a career!

Cons

This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone. Depending on the environment you see yourself in, this could be right up your alley or not even in the ball park.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The open communication and feedback we receive is so beneficial to each and everyone's growth and development. In my career here, I have never felt like there has been a problem too small to bring to the attention of management and they are willing to engage and make time when ever needed both professionally and personally.

Jul 22, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights!

11. I am extremely thankful to work here

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals. There is a lot of room for upward mobility and high earning potential for those that work hard. While the business of recruiting naturely has it's up and downs, LaSalle's management is extremely supportive and helpful in dealing with the challenges of the business. LaSalle recognizes and appreciates it's employees and celebrate's each employee's anniversary with the company as an accomplishment and something that can be difficult to achieve. The multiple awards, trips to Las Vegas and San Fran and the numerous company parties throughout the year also are something that LaSalle has over other companies. I started my career at LaSalle Network after graduating with my Bachelor's degree, and I am extremely thankful for the opportunities this organization has presented with me, and I am excited to continue to develop and grow within my role.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be draining, but in order to do well and beat the competition, sometimes that's what it takes. I wouldn't necessarily consider that as a "con," but it might be for some people that don't want to put in the time or energy to do well.

Aug 10, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications