The LaSalle Network

Updated December 15, 2014
Updated December 15, 2014
4.1

Tom Gimbel

The Place to work if you want to surround your self with the top talent in Chicago

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Each person manages their own book of business. You can be creative and autonomous with how you approach your work while also being surrounded by an amazing team of talented colleagues. You have exposure to senior management for continuous training. Everyday you are challenged and the day's go by quickly due to the exciting pace of the work environment. The team bonus approach gives you a monetary incentive to work hard as you are not only accountable to yourself, but to everyone in the organization.

Perks: Free dry cleaning and lunch once a week in our suburban offices, free bagels on Fridays, casual dress on Fridays, awesome parties to celebrate achieving our goals and because we work hard, free beer in the office, Starbucks coffee, incentive trips, philanthropy events

Cons

You get out what you put in. You might find yourself working 50 hours a week, but in the end that added time pays off, not only in the literal sense that you will close more business, but also in that you will find yourself learning/growing professionally. If you expect to a predictable workload and don't want to work more than 40 hours per week, this might not be the job for you

Amazing Company!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

LaSalle Network is an awesome company to work for! Not only do I enjoy coming to my job everyday but I can truly say I work along some of my best friends. It is amazing to be a part of a company were everyone is passionate about what they do and works so hard to reach a goal together. Overall LaSalle cares about their employees and the culture is great!

Cons

Not much that I dislike about working here.

Oct 6, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback!

Positive and Eager Place to Work!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is an overall positive and happy place to come to work to everyday. The culture at LaSalle Network is extremely upbeat and energetic. While every Project Manager is delegated specific orders, there is still a team based approach where collaboration is strongly welcomed in every unit. Everyone at LaSalle has a common vision of motivation, success, and growth. I do not know of very many companies where you get to consider your teammates and coworkers your best friends. There is also very strong relationships across the company between Project Managers and our Business Development Managers. This is extremely important when working orders and obtaining new business. The amount of time and hard word that everyone in this company puts in is tremendous. In addition, the company rewards success with annual parties and events, incentive trips, and promotions. My advice to any new hires or those interested in working at LaSalle Network, be flexible, get involved, and have an open mind!

Cons

The recruiting industry in general is not a 9-5 position. Employees work upwards of 10-11 hour days. At times it can become long, however, the culture makes it worthwhile. If you are looking for a 40-45 hour job, this is not the industry for you. We, also do not have a 401K match.

Revisiting the bonus structure for some units as sometimes it can be difficult to hit.

Oct 6, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your insights! Great advice for new hires - get involved, be flexible and have an open mind. Definitely keys to success here. Thanks for your feedback on the bonus structure ... More

The People Make the Difference

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LaSalle is a place that rewards hard work. You hear a lot about our culture, and yes, we have fun parties, celebrations, incentives, trips, etc. However, the parties aren't what keep me here - the people do. The celebrations are a result/reward of people working hard, giving their all, and grinding it out every day to reach a common goal. People here have a few important traits in common - they are smart, hard working, loyal, and fun. Companies that have a staff of mostly revenue generators/sales roles often times deal with people who are selfish and cut throat, but LaSalle has none of that. It is truly a supportive, team based environment. You have access to upper management at all times and a lot of opportunity for career progression. If you want to work for a company where you feel like you're a part of something, where your hard work is recognized and rewarded, and where your team and peers consistently support you, then LaSalle is the place to be. Work hard, and you'll be taken care of. Plus, you'll make some great friends and get some great perks along the way.

Cons

Not a place for someone who wants a 9-5.

Sep 7, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your insight into working at LaSalle Network!

Great company culture filled with like-minded, hard working individuals.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture! Like-minded, hard working individuals who I not only call co-workers, but also friends. LaSalle has offered me a career opportunity that I have yet to see anywhere else. It is truly a place where your hard work pays off and gets recognized. The team based approach to recruiting ensures a positive work environment where everyone is willing to jump in and help each other out. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that has been presented.

Cons

Agency recruiting as a whole requires long days and making yourself available outside of normal business hours. I have never been required to stay "late" but have simply chosen to hold myself accountable and put in the time that is required to get the job done.

Oct 13, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for sharing your insights. Your perspective about holding yourself accountable is exactly the mentality we hope runs throughout the entire organization and one that we try to instill ... More

Endless Career Growth!

Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a collaborative, team based professional services firm that gives their employees all the tools to be successful and grow their careers. Over 90% of our management has been groomed from within, which goes to show that the opportunities for upward mobility are endless. Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain’s Chicago in their annual “Best Places to Work” publication. We do a great job of celebrating individual achievements along with companywide success when we accomplish our goals. LaSalle offers excellent benefits and an aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my opinion...if you're willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and aren't afraid to fail it is incredibly rewarding. LaSalle Network gives it's employees ample opportunities to shine and has always been transparent when there are deficiencies with an employees work product or attitude.

Keep motivating us to be our best and we'll do everything possible to execute on your strategy!

Sep 2, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Great place to work and learn - plus an amazing culture.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team at LaSalle is like no place I've worked before or since. Though the hours are long, it doesn't seem so stressful when you're working alongside people you truly call your friends. LaSalle does a great job of hiring really smart and motivated people internally, which means there is always someone who has your back and can help you out in a pinch, and always someone to learn from. I felt very supported there, and felt that my achievements were recognized. I was new to the business world when I started and often reflect on how much LaSalle taught me. Meeting my husband there was just icing on the cake. :)

Cons

The hours are long (expect 10+ hour workdays) but the culture makes it worthwhile.

Make sure you have enough staff so that no one is stretched too thin and BDM's orders get filled - everyone will be happier and thus more productive that way. Try as hard as you can to maintain the great culture you've established, even as you grow... working alongside people with positive attitudes was so critical!!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What you put in, you get out--LaSalle invests in its employees for the long run which is why it is not the typical churn and burn recruiting firm. Employees are supported, encouraged, coached and given all the tools you need to be successful. The sky is the limit in terms of earning potential, and management will listen to your ideas and issues. This is a place that wants to help develop its employees professionally but also personally. I consider LaSalle family and couldn't imagine working elsewhere.

LaSalle is a place where you can be yourself, be goofy and creative while having the drive and motivation to do well.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

Keep up the good work---the constant support and acknowedgment from leadership keeps people engaged and loyal.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

The amount of hard work that everyone exhibits is amazing. People put in a lot of time and effort toward being successful here which is very admirable. The environment/culture is very friendly, warm, and upbeat which makes it so enjoyable.

Cons

If you're afraid of working hard and doing what it takes to get the job done, then this is not the place for you. Work ethic is important at LaSalle Network as it is with majority of other companies.

Aug 18, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Best Company I've Worked For...

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Room for growth- I was promoted in 2 years
    - Management has an open door policy - you can bring concerns, new ideas, etc. and they will always take the time to hear you out
    - If you come up with a new idea on how to change the way things are done, you have the power to implement it! A group of us came up with an idea to implement a mentorship program, got the leadership team behind us and rolled it out to the whole company. It's been going strong for a year and has great reviews!
    - Culture. This is huge, and unless you've been with a company with a poor culture, you don't realize how much this matters!

Cons

The hours can be a little long, but if you think about it we are working with people who are currently employed and need to be available to them outside of business hours. The more you put into recruiting, the more you get out of it- it's not for everyone!

The LaSalle Network Photos