The LaSalle Network Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • Many employees are hard working and good at what they do (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

Terrible work environment!

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really none. Main office is right downtown in a great location. Lots of lunch options i guess.

Cons

really have no loyalty to their employees, throw them into the shark tank and under the bus. this is a staffing company, and they often talk about interviewee's negatively. They only want to help themselves, not really help others. Everyone seems to have very elevated opinions of themselves. No one is approachable or even friendly.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses.

Not very challenging environment if you have any experience

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Met a good network of individuals there that I continue to stay in touch with - although they have all since left the company -Good location

Cons

-Very inflexible managment team that has limited experience and an inability to think "outside the box" -Tends to hire a lot of entry level staff, limiting the growth opportunity for others (there is no one to learn from) -Very high turnover -Not very challenging -Although the attire was professional when I worked there, it was the most unprofessional work environment that I have ever been a part of

Advice to Management

Don't take it so personally when people leave. Management tends to "burn bridges" with exiting employees that could have become future contacts.

Oak Brook location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

Appearance seemed somewhat professional and attentive

Cons

I am a job seeker and used this as a temp agency. I was referred to this branch by the Chicago location since I am located in the burbs and didn't want to go to the downtown branch. The women are around their 20s-30s and the main recruiter has yet to respond back to me even after leaving her a voicemail once and tried to get in touch with her prior by email and phone, but she's always unavailable. Never received the assessments from her or anyone else that interviewed me (1 other girl/woman interviewed me). There was no mention of the assessments until I brought it up. I would try the downtown Chicago branch, they are more attentive and easily able to reach, stay clear from this branch.

Advice to Management

Be more attentive & available. At least respond back via email acknowledging that you received my messages from your voicemail or email.

Duped

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

People pretend to care. Everybody likes each other because they all buy into the stupid company culture bs and think the CEO is god. So mindless number slaves partake in a beautiful, stepford like atmosphere where everyone is greeted with a Xanax smile and a warm cup of joe. Short, tight dresses and 5 inch stilettos worn by 22-30 year old girls who all speak in the same voice while making 100s of calls a day. Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

Cons

Absolutely awful. They lie, totally unprofessional. Do not work here PLEASE if you have a brain and are able to think for yourself. If not, you'll love it. Not the place for educated, self-thinkers.

Advice to Management

Manage? Time management? Prevent employee breakdowns BECAUSE YOU CARE so much

Sweatshop

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

Cons

They hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Advice to Management

Pay employees more than minimum wage

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a job when I needed immediate help

Cons

no trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

LOL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

Cons

This is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place." -No 401k -If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

Advice to Management

None. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

They just don't get it

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

You will get a good laugh after hearing their sales pitch about how "honest" they are with you.

Cons

They simply do not know each candidate's identity. In college, I was a finance and accounting major. I went to them a few years after graduation and they window-dressed a customer service job as some sort of fancy, entry-level accounting position. PURE SCUM. STAY FAR AWAY

Advice to Management

Grow a pair and be honest if you don't have anything to offer to you clients.

Great place to learn - not a great place to stay

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a great place to learn the recruiting industry. Management is very hands on and good at what they do.

Cons

The hours are ridiculous. I was told in the interview that they would be long but the expectation was unreasonable. While you are never "told" to work late, if you leave before 6:30-7:00 your work ethic and commitment level are questioned. Often my unit worked until 7:30-8:00 and came in on weekends. I don't know anyone who works anywhere near that many hours. Especially at a starting salary around 30k.

11. Customer Service

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

They have available assignments...the initial phone contact between you and LaSalle usually starts out very friendly.

Cons

The communication from the staff SUCKS!!! THEY DON'T CARE! THEY DON'T RETURN CALLS! THEY DON'T RETURN EMAILS! I FEEL LIKE ONCE THEY INTERVIEWED ME AND SAW THAT MY "NAME" DIDN'T MATCH MY "FACE" THAT TOOK ME OUT OF THE RACE!

Advice to Management

Its only common courtesy to return phone calls or respond to emails whether you have an assignment or not for the individual especially when you the Company are the one that reached out to the candidate!

The LaSalle Network Response

Dec 24, 2014 – Manager, Marketing & Communications

I am sorry you had a negative experience with LaSalle and feel our communication was subpar to say the least. We interview hundreds of candidates each week with the goal to communicate with and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed