The LaSalle Network

The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Tom Gimbel

They just don't get it

ProsYou will get a good laugh after hearing their sales pitch about how "honest" they are with you.

ConsThey simply do not know each candidate's identity. In college, I was a finance and accounting major. I went to them a few years after graduation and they window-dressed a customer service job as some sort of fancy, entry-level accounting position. PURE SCUM. STAY FAR AWAY

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a pair and be honest if you don't have anything to offer to you clients.

LOL

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAfter working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

ConsThis is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place."

-No 401k

-If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) Downers Grove, IL

Prosa job when I needed immediate help

Consno trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sweatshop

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsTheir locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

ConsThey hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more than minimum wage

Duped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople pretend to care. Everybody likes each other because they all buy into the stupid company culture bs and think the CEO is god. So mindless number slaves partake in a beautiful, stepford like atmosphere where everyone is greeted with a Xanax smile and a warm cup of joe. Short, tight dresses and 5 inch stilettos worn by 22-30 year old girls who all speak in the same voice while making 100s of calls a day. Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

ConsAbsolutely awful. They lie, totally unprofessional. Do not work here PLEASE if you have a brain and are able to think for yourself. If not, you'll love it. Not the place for educated, self-thinkers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage? Time management? Prevent employee breakdowns BECAUSE YOU CARE so much

Oak Brook location

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsAppearance seemed somewhat professional and attentive

ConsI am a job seeker and used this as a temp agency. I was referred to this branch by the Chicago location since I am located in the burbs and didn't want to go to the downtown branch. The women are around their 20s-30s and the main recruiter has yet to respond back to me even after leaving her a voicemail once and tried to get in touch with her prior by email and phone, but she's always unavailable. Never received the assessments from her or anyone else that interviewed me (1 other girl/woman interviewed me). There was no mention of the assessments until I brought it up. I would try the downtown Chicago branch, they are more attentive and easily able to reach, stay clear from this branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more attentive & available. At least respond back via email acknowledging that you received my messages from your voicemail or email.

Not very challenging environment if you have any experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Met a good network of individuals there that I continue to stay in touch with - although they have all since left the company
    -Good location

Cons-Very inflexible managment team that has limited experience and an inability to think "outside the box"
    -Tends to hire a lot of entry level staff, limiting the growth opportunity for others (there is no one to learn from)
    -Very high turnover
    -Not very challenging
    -Although the attire was professional when I worked there, it was the most unprofessional work environment that I have ever been a part of

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take it so personally when people leave. Management tends to "burn bridges" with exiting employees that could have become future contacts.

Terrible work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsReally none. Main office is right downtown in a great location. Lots of lunch options i guess.

Consreally have no loyalty to their employees, throw them into the shark tank and under the bus. this is a staffing company, and they often talk about interviewee's negatively. They only want to help themselves, not really help others. Everyone seems to have very elevated opinions of themselves. No one is approachable or even friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horses.

Culture Above All Else

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office is nice, and employees are friendly. Many employees are hard working and good at what they do. Those are really the only plus points

ConsThe company values culture more than any other company I have seen. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, they take it a bit too far. Culture and social interaction with other employees is sometimes valued higher than the work that needs to be accomplished, and if you do not fit the culture to a T, that in itself can be grounds for them to let you go. It feels somewhat like the "popular girls" in high school. If you are not just like the popular girls you are out. Compensation is below average. The hours can be long if you do not live in the city (you can expect to get to work at 7:30am and you will leave at 6:00pm at the very earliest). There is equal importance placed on completing heavy workloads and the obligation to socialize and get to know all of your coworkers on a deep level every day (which there often isn't time to do both). It takes a very very specific kind of person to stay at this company

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax on the company culture aspect a little bit

All that glitters is NOT gold!

ProsCompany parties (if your invited). Free things or food for random work events. Some really great people work there but not for long! High turn over!

ConsThere is no work life balance! If your a "PM" or "recruiter" it is even frowned upon to take lunch. All the titles are fake! You work 13hr days (if not more) in a call center environment, you must make a certain number of calls or schedule interviews. All LaSalle is concerned about is the bottom line, so you're either bringing in money or your out! Don't fall for the line of, "we promote within." Save yourself the hassle and burn out look else where! Benefits are pretty much non existent! Don't even go for an interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within on merit, not just b/c you like someone. Have an executive board that is actually talented and experienced instead of one filled with people that have been there since the beginning and your friends with.

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!