The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated March 24, 2015
60 reviews filtered by
4.1
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

1. The perfect frat house job with little pay.

Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This place is filled with plenty of beautifully lost young people who are always looking to party and get drunk or high so hanging out outside of work is always an entertaining, You never know what you're going to see. Even IN the office, since there is a keg in the kitchen and bottles of alcohol on nearly every desk in the office.

Cons

The hours make you a slave to the company and you further Tom Gimbel's dream of being a millionaire. He runs the place like a frat house so being a "yesman" is key if you want to get noticed or be seen as one of the cool kids. They try and unknowingly brainwash you into being a peppy cheerleader Or "LaSallian" that has no real personality but is afraid to stand up for themselves during any meetings when disrespectful comments are being hurled from upper management's mouth. Gossip is everyone's favorite past time here and upper management is hypocritical in their leadership appearance. Racism runs rampant here in the way they talk about candidates they've interviewed for internal and external positions. If you are an individual of any race other than white, good luck here. It going to be hard for you guys...No one will tell you, but you will sense it everyday until they let you go for a fabricated politically correct reason. I've personally seen it and am about to walk out during lunch and never come back. I hate this job with all my heart. I would quit now but I don't have another one yet. Oh, and you WILL be looked down upon for taking an hour lunch break especially if you're not seated at your desk the entire time...

You need to baptize the entire company and start over.

The LaSalle Network Response

Mar 30, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

I personally answer all my critics with an open door policy, and wish you would have expressed your opinions and feelings with your name to me and/or our HR department in person. That being said, our ... More

2. Customer Service

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

They have available assignments...the initial phone contact between you and LaSalle usually starts out very friendly.

Cons

The communication from the staff SUCKS!!! THEY DON'T CARE! THEY DON'T RETURN CALLS! THEY DON'T RETURN EMAILS! I FEEL LIKE ONCE THEY INTERVIEWED ME AND SAW THAT MY "NAME" DIDN'T MATCH MY "FACE" THAT TOOK ME OUT OF THE RACE!

Its only common courtesy to return phone calls or respond to emails whether you have an assignment or not for the individual especially when you the Company are the one that reached out to the candidate!

The LaSalle Network Response

Dec 24, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

I am sorry you had a negative experience with LaSalle and feel our communication was subpar to say the least. We interview hundreds of candidates each week with the goal to communicate with and ... More

Great place to learn - not a great place to stay

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a great place to learn the recruiting industry. Management is very hands on and good at what they do.

Cons

The hours are ridiculous. I was told in the interview that they would be long but the expectation was unreasonable. While you are never "told" to work late, if you leave before 6:30-7:00 your work ethic and commitment level are questioned. Often my unit worked until 7:30-8:00 and came in on weekends. I don't know anyone who works anywhere near that many hours. Especially at a starting salary around 30k.

They just don't get it

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

You will get a good laugh after hearing their sales pitch about how "honest" they are with you.

Cons

They simply do not know each candidate's identity. In college, I was a finance and accounting major. I went to them a few years after graduation and they window-dressed a customer service job as some sort of fancy, entry-level accounting position. PURE SCUM. STAY FAR AWAY

Grow a pair and be honest if you don't have anything to offer to you clients.

LOL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After working here, I know the type of work environment I never want to work in again

Cons

This is a direct quote from the owner of the company in an interview: "I think that too often people want to have a work/life balance and it's not what working is about. It's about putting your blood and sweat and tears into your organization or your company, whatever you're trying to accomplish. And if you're looking for how you can go on vacation or get away, then you're not in the right place."

-No 401k

-If you look at how many hours you are expected to work a week and compare it with your salary you will quickly realize you are below the minimum hourly wage.

None. Unfixable. Just an all around awful place from an employee perspective and candidate perspective

Stay away from Staffing Agencies if possible

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

a job when I needed immediate help

Cons

no trust, when the assignment was over they challenged unemployment each chance they got.

Trust your people and understand that they want to work for the right reasons

Sweatshop

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Their locations are spread out nicely for candidates around the surrounding suburbs of Chicago to conveniently interview. They are successful because they work extremely hard, but are not compensated for it.

Cons

They hire young professionals out of college that are eager and ready to work their tails off for just about minimum wage. They sell you on the bonus structure and how much opportunity and potential for career progression there is and then do not deliver. I2-14 hour days, no lunch break, and barely enough money to live off of. No thank you.

Pay employees more than minimum wage

Duped

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

People pretend to care. Everybody likes each other because they all buy into the stupid company culture bs and think the CEO is god. So mindless number slaves partake in a beautiful, stepford like atmosphere where everyone is greeted with a Xanax smile and a warm cup of joe. Short, tight dresses and 5 inch stilettos worn by 22-30 year old girls who all speak in the same voice while making 100s of calls a day. Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto

Cons

Absolutely awful. They lie, totally unprofessional. Do not work here PLEASE if you have a brain and are able to think for yourself. If not, you'll love it. Not the place for educated, self-thinkers.

Manage? Time management? Prevent employee breakdowns BECAUSE YOU CARE so much

Oak Brook location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

Appearance seemed somewhat professional and attentive

Cons

I am a job seeker and used this as a temp agency. I was referred to this branch by the Chicago location since I am located in the burbs and didn't want to go to the downtown branch. The women are around their 20s-30s and the main recruiter has yet to respond back to me even after leaving her a voicemail once and tried to get in touch with her prior by email and phone, but she's always unavailable. Never received the assessments from her or anyone else that interviewed me (1 other girl/woman interviewed me). There was no mention of the assessments until I brought it up. I would try the downtown Chicago branch, they are more attentive and easily able to reach, stay clear from this branch.

Be more attentive & available. At least respond back via email acknowledging that you received my messages from your voicemail or email.

Not very challenging environment if you have any experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Met a good network of individuals there that I continue to stay in touch with - although they have all since left the company
    -Good location

Cons

-Very inflexible managment team that has limited experience and an inability to think "outside the box"
    -Tends to hire a lot of entry level staff, limiting the growth opportunity for others (there is no one to learn from)
    -Very high turnover
    -Not very challenging
    -Although the attire was professional when I worked there, it was the most unprofessional work environment that I have ever been a part of

Don't take it so personally when people leave. Management tends to "burn bridges" with exiting employees that could have become future contacts.

The LaSalle Network Photos