The LaSalle Network

Updated August 12, 2014

4.0

Tom Gimbel

Great Place to Work

Pros

The amount of hard work that everyone exhibits is amazing. People put in a lot of time and effort toward being successful here which is very admirable. The environment/culture is very friendly, warm, and upbeat which makes it so enjoyable.

Cons

If you're afraid of working hard and doing what it takes to get the job done, then this is not the place for you. Work ethic is important at LaSalle Network as it is with majority of other companies.

Aug 18, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Best Company I've Worked For...

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

- Room for growth- I was promoted in 2 years
    - Management has an open door policy - you can bring concerns, new ideas, etc. and they will always take the time to hear you out
    - If you come up with a new idea on how to change the way things are done, you have the power to implement it! A group of us came up with an idea to implement a mentorship program, got the leadership team behind us and rolled it out to the whole company. It's been going strong for a year and has great reviews!
    - Culture. This is huge, and unless you've been with a company with a poor culture, you don't realize how much this matters!

Cons

The hours can be a little long, but if you think about it we are working with people who are currently employed and need to be available to them outside of business hours. The more you put into recruiting, the more you get out of it- it's not for everyone!

Great place to gain experience!

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

The management will develop you as a professional if you are willing to work hard. They are committed to training and allowing experiences in which to grow. The atmosphere is really energetic and team based which makes things more fun. It is nice that they divide up sales and service, so that employees can concentrate on whatever they feel is their strength. Team based concept is really good and enhanced synergy. The company does really want to make good placements and service the client well. The company has good energy and is fun!

Cons

You have to work long hours and it felt like you had to do "face time" to some extent. If you were at a good place with your placements, you still could not just leave after 5. Not fun to wait around until someone else was brave enough to pack up for the day! Leaving for a full lunch outside the office most days was not a reality. Management certainly recognized hard work and merit, but who was invited to the management happy hours were often the same people and it frankly felt cliquey.

Allow your staff a better quality of life (encourage a lunch hour, Friday off after Thanksgiving). You could offer floating holidays to those who work the Christmas Eve or the day after Thanksgiving. Your people work really hard and let them enjoy time outside work and a chance to relax after an intense day. Make sure that people don't feel that they are "in or out" and have a policy of inclusion.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

LaSalle is the best place to work. I am excited to come to work everyday, and I'm inspired by the hard-working, smart and motivated people I have the privilege of calling co-workers. Our company leadership is phenomenal (Tom, our CEO, paid for the entire company to fly to San Francisco for a weekend trip as a reward for an incentive earlier this year!!) and we work as a team in very sense of the word. I'm honored to work here and am constantly challenged to be better and learn more every day.

Cons

Certainly every company has its cons, however, they truly are few and far between here at LaSalle. The staffing and recruiting industry is a roller coaster in general--the highs are high, and the lows are low. My amazing teammates and co-workers pick me up when I'm feeling low, and we celebrate the highs together.

I don't really have any advice for upper management that I haven't already shared--what's great about our culture is that we're encouraged to communicate our ideas, and our leadership actually listens! They're very accessible, and that's something that employees of all levels really appreciate about working here.

A great place for your career

Pros

All in all, LaSalle has been a great place to work. It is a place where you walk in to work genuinely happy to see the folks that you surround yourself with every day. In this industry, the team-based and collaborative approach to recruiting is a rarity, and precipitates an environment where you work hard not only for your own success, but for the successes of your friends/co-workers that you are surrounded by. Hard work pays off, as recognition and rewards are an important part of work here. It is definitely a "work hard, play hard" type of environment. With incentive trips such as San Francisco, company wide parties such as LaSallemas, and other like perks throughout the year, LaSalle makes sure that it takes care of its employees from a fun/social/culture perspective. The genuine passion and dedication from executive leadership seeps down into everyone who buys in and really drives the energy, care, compassion, and drive that most LaSallians share. I am definitely happy to be working here.

Cons

It is not a "clock in, clock out" type position... You have to be willing to work hard, and put in longer hours than a typical 9-5er. Also, while I find it hard to have being friends with and enjoying your co-workers a negative, some people really like to separate professional life from personal. While there is room for that separation here, the people who get the most out of LaSalle's culture are the people who get to know, socialize, and become friends with those around them.

Aug 10, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your opinion!

I am extremely thankful to work here

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals. There is a lot of room for upward mobility and high earning potential for those that work hard. While the business of recruiting naturely has it's up and downs, LaSalle's management is extremely supportive and helpful in dealing with the challenges of the business. LaSalle recognizes and appreciates it's employees and celebrate's each employee's anniversary with the company as an accomplishment and something that can be difficult to achieve. The multiple awards, trips to Las Vegas and San Fran and the numerous company parties throughout the year also are something that LaSalle has over other companies. I started my career at LaSalle Network after graduating with my Bachelor's degree, and I am extremely thankful for the opportunities this organization has presented with me, and I am excited to continue to develop and grow within my role.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be draining, but in order to do well and beat the competition, sometimes that's what it takes. I wouldn't necessarily consider that as a "con," but it might be for some people that don't want to put in the time or energy to do well.

Aug 10, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing!

Future LaSallians - Great Company!

Pros

The office culture is second to none, and is very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. This is a talented, competitive and hungry group of individuals making a name for this company in the staffing industry and I am proud to be a part of it.

It’s important to understand that LaSalle is what you make of it. If you come in every day and give 100%, your efforts and successes do not go unnoticed. If you stumble, there is always someone there to lift you up. There are countless opportunities to train and grow professionally but the key is you have to want it. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth and upward mobility within the organization as displayed by many of our executives who have started with LaSalle as fresh grads which is definitely saying something! They know the highs, the lows and everything in between making them great leaders of this organization. This is an outstanding company and a great placed to start and continue a career!

Cons

This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone. Depending on the environment you see yourself in, this could be right up your alley or not even in the ball park.

Keep doing what you are doing. The open communication and feedback we receive is so beneficial to each and everyone's growth and development. In my career here, I have never felt like there has been a problem too small to bring to the attention of management and they are willing to engage and make time when ever needed both professionally and personally.

Jul 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights!

The company culture is incomparable in how it encourages, appreciates, and empowers staff

Pros

Internal staff is the greatest part of working at LaSalle. Everyone works hard together, and celebrates successes as if they are their own like a true team. We are given the opportunity to learn new skills, attend courses, and come back to the office and apply those practices. Management cares about staff and has empathy, and most importantly, we have fun celebrating. LaSalle is truly a great place to work just as all the awards its received describe it to be.

Cons

I don't have anything to add to this.

Jul 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Recommended for those who do not mind temping indefinitely.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

They found me a position within 12 days of my interview! The company I was sent to work for was clean, in a safe area, and the management and staff were friendly!

Cons

LaSalle kept telling me they were negotiating for my permanent hire with the company... even though management within the company told me directly that NO HIRING was being done this year. So I would have remained a temp for at least 2 years... IF I didn't get let go, as the company went through 4 rounds of firings while I was there.

When I was making the decision to leave (based on long commute, goals, under-payment, lack of possible advancement, etc...) I kept my LaSalle partner informed A WHOLE MONTH AND A HALF out from when I finally left. I also completed a full 2 weeks notice, except for the very last day as I had 2 job interviews that could not be moved. AND EVEN THEN I called several hours before my start time to give a professional warning and apology.

What I learned is that when you are partnered with LaSalle, it's all encouragement and teamwork. But if you decide to leave a position, you can forget about using their services in the future or even receiving A PHONE CALL or EMAIL back when you leave repeated messages for your previous 'partners.'

Be honest about job advancement prospects. And if partners have to move on, especially if they keep you graciously and professionally informed, don't treat them like traitors.

Great company, and great group of people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

-office culture is great, very young group
    -interacting with everyone was great

Cons

I was paid pretty low starting out, but they seem to have compensation as you move up.

Jun 27, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing!

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!