The LaSalle Network

Tom Gimbel

Endless Career Growth!

Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a collaborative, team based professional services firm that gives their employees all the tools to be successful and grow their careers. Over 90% of our management has been groomed from within, which goes to show that the opportunities for upward mobility are endless. Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain’s Chicago in their annual “Best Places to Work” publication. We do a great job of celebrating individual achievements along with companywide success when we accomplish our goals. LaSalle offers excellent benefits and an aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my opinion...if you're willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and aren't afraid to fail it is incredibly rewarding. LaSalle Network gives it's employees ample opportunities to shine and has always been transparent when there are deficiencies with an employees work product or attitude.

Keep motivating us to be our best and we'll do everything possible to execute on your strategy!

Sep 2, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What you put in, you get out--LaSalle invests in its employees for the long run which is why it is not the typical churn and burn recruiting firm. Employees are supported, encouraged, coached and given all the tools you need to be successful. The sky is the limit in terms of earning potential, and management will listen to your ideas and issues. This is a place that wants to help develop its employees professionally but also personally. I consider LaSalle family and couldn't imagine working elsewhere.

LaSalle is a place where you can be yourself, be goofy and creative while having the drive and motivation to do well.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

Keep up the good work---the constant support and acknowedgment from leadership keeps people engaged and loyal.

Great place to work and learn - plus an amazing culture.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team at LaSalle is like no place I've worked before or since. Though the hours are long, it doesn't seem so stressful when you're working alongside people you truly call your friends. LaSalle does a great job of hiring really smart and motivated people internally, which means there is always someone who has your back and can help you out in a pinch, and always someone to learn from. I felt very supported there, and felt that my achievements were recognized. I was new to the business world when I started and often reflect on how much LaSalle taught me. Meeting my husband there was just icing on the cake. :)

Cons

The hours are long (expect 10+ hour workdays) but the culture makes it worthwhile.

Make sure you have enough staff so that no one is stretched too thin and BDM's orders get filled - everyone will be happier and thus more productive that way. Try as hard as you can to maintain the great culture you've established, even as you grow... working alongside people with positive attitudes was so critical!!

Great Place to Work

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

The amount of hard work that everyone exhibits is amazing. People put in a lot of time and effort toward being successful here which is very admirable. The environment/culture is very friendly, warm, and upbeat which makes it so enjoyable.

Cons

If you're afraid of working hard and doing what it takes to get the job done, then this is not the place for you. Work ethic is important at LaSalle Network as it is with majority of other companies.

Aug 18, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Best Company I've Worked For...

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Room for growth- I was promoted in 2 years
    - Management has an open door policy - you can bring concerns, new ideas, etc. and they will always take the time to hear you out
    - If you come up with a new idea on how to change the way things are done, you have the power to implement it! A group of us came up with an idea to implement a mentorship program, got the leadership team behind us and rolled it out to the whole company. It's been going strong for a year and has great reviews!
    - Culture. This is huge, and unless you've been with a company with a poor culture, you don't realize how much this matters!

Cons

The hours can be a little long, but if you think about it we are working with people who are currently employed and need to be available to them outside of business hours. The more you put into recruiting, the more you get out of it- it's not for everyone!

A great place for your career

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

All in all, LaSalle has been a great place to work. It is a place where you walk in to work genuinely happy to see the folks that you surround yourself with every day. In this industry, the team-based and collaborative approach to recruiting is a rarity, and precipitates an environment where you work hard not only for your own success, but for the successes of your friends/co-workers that you are surrounded by. Hard work pays off, as recognition and rewards are an important part of work here. It is definitely a "work hard, play hard" type of environment. With incentive trips such as San Francisco, company wide parties such as LaSallemas, and other like perks throughout the year, LaSalle makes sure that it takes care of its employees from a fun/social/culture perspective. The genuine passion and dedication from executive leadership seeps down into everyone who buys in and really drives the energy, care, compassion, and drive that most LaSallians share. I am definitely happy to be working here.

Cons

It is not a "clock in, clock out" type position... You have to be willing to work hard, and put in longer hours than a typical 9-5er. Also, while I find it hard to have being friends with and enjoying your co-workers a negative, some people really like to separate professional life from personal. While there is room for that separation here, the people who get the most out of LaSalle's culture are the people who get to know, socialize, and become friends with those around them.

Aug 10, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your opinion!

I am extremely thankful to work here

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals. There is a lot of room for upward mobility and high earning potential for those that work hard. While the business of recruiting naturely has it's up and downs, LaSalle's management is extremely supportive and helpful in dealing with the challenges of the business. LaSalle recognizes and appreciates it's employees and celebrate's each employee's anniversary with the company as an accomplishment and something that can be difficult to achieve. The multiple awards, trips to Las Vegas and San Fran and the numerous company parties throughout the year also are something that LaSalle has over other companies. I started my career at LaSalle Network after graduating with my Bachelor's degree, and I am extremely thankful for the opportunities this organization has presented with me, and I am excited to continue to develop and grow within my role.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be draining, but in order to do well and beat the competition, sometimes that's what it takes. I wouldn't necessarily consider that as a "con," but it might be for some people that don't want to put in the time or energy to do well.

Aug 10, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing!

Project Manager

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle is the best place to work. I am excited to come to work everyday, and I'm inspired by the hard-working, smart and motivated people I have the privilege of calling co-workers. Our company leadership is phenomenal (Tom, our CEO, paid for the entire company to fly to San Francisco for a weekend trip as a reward for an incentive earlier this year!!) and we work as a team in very sense of the word. I'm honored to work here and am constantly challenged to be better and learn more every day.

Cons

Certainly every company has its cons, however, they truly are few and far between here at LaSalle. The staffing and recruiting industry is a roller coaster in general--the highs are high, and the lows are low. My amazing teammates and co-workers pick me up when I'm feeling low, and we celebrate the highs together.

I don't really have any advice for upper management that I haven't already shared--what's great about our culture is that we're encouraged to communicate our ideas, and our leadership actually listens! They're very accessible, and that's something that employees of all levels really appreciate about working here.

Great place to gain experience!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

The management will develop you as a professional if you are willing to work hard. They are committed to training and allowing experiences in which to grow. The atmosphere is really energetic and team based which makes things more fun. It is nice that they divide up sales and service, so that employees can concentrate on whatever they feel is their strength. Team based concept is really good and enhanced synergy. The company does really want to make good placements and service the client well. The company has good energy and is fun!

Cons

You have to work long hours and it felt like you had to do "face time" to some extent. If you were at a good place with your placements, you still could not just leave after 5. Not fun to wait around until someone else was brave enough to pack up for the day! Leaving for a full lunch outside the office most days was not a reality. Management certainly recognized hard work and merit, but who was invited to the management happy hours were often the same people and it frankly felt cliquey.

Allow your staff a better quality of life (encourage a lunch hour, Friday off after Thanksgiving). You could offer floating holidays to those who work the Christmas Eve or the day after Thanksgiving. Your people work really hard and let them enjoy time outside work and a chance to relax after an intense day. Make sure that people don't feel that they are "in or out" and have a policy of inclusion.

The company culture is incomparable in how it encourages, appreciates, and empowers staff

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

Internal staff is the greatest part of working at LaSalle. Everyone works hard together, and celebrates successes as if they are their own like a true team. We are given the opportunity to learn new skills, attend courses, and come back to the office and apply those practices. Management cares about staff and has empathy, and most importantly, we have fun celebrating. LaSalle is truly a great place to work just as all the awards its received describe it to be.

Cons

I don't have anything to add to this.

Jul 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

The LaSalle Network Photos